View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

212 79.10%
  • Basil Hawkins

115 42.91%
  • X Drake

125 46.64%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

68 25.37%
  • Gekko Moriah

81 30.22%
  • ???

39 14.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    It's been one year since the start of Wano. Still got at least another year to go, but how's it been treating everyone so far?
    The first half felt underwhelming, if I'm being honest. There was some adventure and twists for sure, but visually it was mostly Oda playing with Japanese culture, which...Doesn't feel all that new when you've been reading manga for over a decade ? I liked those panels where he referenced classical art, but aside from the entry waterfall the setting of Wano feels almost mundane compared to Water Seven or Skypiea. Either way at that time I wasn't over the bad ending of WCI and would have prefered to spend more chapters on Reverie or see the full reunited Straw Hats crew (which still hasn't happened. How many years has it been now since they were last together ?)
    There was a spike of interest when plastered dragon Kaido made his entrance, but after that the prison sequence was meh until Queen showed up.

Other than that, the Ebisu +Orochi + Komurasaki plots have gradually kicked up my interest and right now I'm digging all of it. Maybe a little tired from all the running around, but there are enough wildcards and ongoing drama to make things unpredictable and interesting.

As for overall length, we may be getting close to the end of act 2. The reunion of Big Mom and Kaido could be a milestone, or the moment when Luffy has full control over Udon and prepares for war (unless the detail of these is developped in act 3). But with everything currently in movement that's probably 3-5 chapters away at least. One way or the other, I'd say we're in for another 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So far I've been underwhelmed. The arc managed to get me super excited for some good 10~15 chapter straight, but before and after that I was reading it with zero excitement. The current stage seems to be picking up my interest again but still not quite there.

To be honest, so far I have no interest in any of Wano-native plot lines. I really want to know more about Kaido, get his personality fleshed out and his background with Linlin, but Kozuki clan, the samurai, Orochi, ninjas... all of that has been a flatline to me with a little single peak at once thanks to Komurasaki (may her rest in peace).
    I share the sentiment, first act has been on point for me, but since act two started, it kind of lost me, seems more like a loosely connected slice of life in Wa No than people who are following a specific goal and are trying to topple a huge obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I share the sentiment, first act has been on point for me, but since act two started, it kind of lost me, seems more like a loosely connected slice of life in Wa No than people who are following a specific goal and are trying to topple a huge obstacle.

I think thats the vibe Oda wanted to do on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    I think thats the vibe Oda wanted to do on purpose
    Maybe to spend more time in OP version of Japan

hi how are you all
    Is wano story will end soon or not
    Note that I have not see wano from the begening
    can you pls tell me from 100%

Quote Originally Posted by you want me for View Post
    hi how are you all
    Is wano story will end soon or not
    Note that I have not see wano from the begening
    can you pls tell me from 100%
    Wano is most likely not even half way done. Give it 2 more years then come back to reread the whole thing. Hopefully.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Wano is most likely not even half way done. Give it 2 more years then come back to reread the whole thing. Hopefully.
    Are you serious? This seems to be the longest ark in the manga
    Eiichiro Oda be fast pls

Quote Originally Posted by you want me for View Post
    Are you serious? This seems to be the longest ark in the manga
    Eiichiro Oda be fast pls
    Well we're probably nearing the end of Act 2. Act 2 of 4 acts total. Love it or hate it, it is what it is.

This will probably be the longest arc to date just because of the weight it will carry and probably stay that way until the final arc.

;)
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; July 5th, 2019 at 11:00 AM.

Well we're probably nearing the end of Act 2. Act 2 of 5 acts total. Love it or hate it, it is what it is.

This will probably be the longest arc to date just because of the weight it will carry and probably stay that way until the final arc.
    If it really follows the structure of classic Japanese tales, you will only have four acts.

I'm half expecting Oda to troll us and make it 6+ acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

If it really follows the structure of classic Japanese tales, you will only have four acts.
    Thats what I said.

Thats what I said.
    Unfortunately editing your post does not change the post i quote

But it looks like Oda is going for a play structure, and those are usually 5 acts.

Unfortunately editing your post does not change the post i quote
    Look at you, editing quotes...

Look at you, editing quotes...
    Um, mod here. He's right, 5's what you said first. Let's not go this way, all right?

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I think it might be 5 acts. Maybe the 2nd act ends with whatever Asura shows Kinemon & the conclusion of the Flower Caputal clash. I think for now, we get the Udon prison narrative, then go back to Flower Capital and Asura/Kinemon reveal. 2 events that could shake up the arc drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Um, mod here. He's right, 5's what you said first. Let's not go this way, all right?
    Oh come on. It couldn't have been any more obvious that I was joking with Miyamoto.

Yeah i knew he was joking

If Wa No really follows that structure, it means the third act will be full of grand twists, maybe the traitor revelation, outside forces and so forth.

I think Act 2 might end with a Kaido vs Big Mom confrontation. And then we come back for Act 3 and they're still fighting a week later. But someone tells Kaido that the it's the day of the fire festival and they decidee to put their differences aside to party together.

Act 5 usually is very short,more like an epilogue,so it will probably be composed by the classical "post-defeat of the villain" chapters before the crew leaves the island. Kaido (and Big Mom??) will probably be defeated at the end of Act 4.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information