View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

212 79.10%
  • Basil Hawkins

115 42.91%
  • X Drake

125 46.64%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

68 25.37%
  • Gekko Moriah

81 30.22%
  • ???

39 14.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

It sounds shallow, but Kaido’s design seems way too aggressive for me to picture him coming off as sympathetic.

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post

Kaido wanting to die makes it likely because he dies in a "happy" and even "inspiring" way. He gets what he wants while still getting a tragic end. Which is Oda's status quo for deaths in this series aside from selfless sacrifices. It is how "almost no character dies ever since Alabasta" Oda operates. He gets to have his cake and eat it too for happy endings and drama.
    Well, let's not forget IM that supposedly has the power to "vanquish someone from the face of the earth" or something like that ( we can only presume he has some kind of power) and maybe Kaidou will find his end in a similar manner. Oda showing us how many times he coudln't commit suicide, how he got captured & sentanced to death and escaped everytime, all of this points out that Luffy & Co are not enough to defeat him physicaly. Even BM laughed at the idea of them defeating Kaidou when SH together with all supernovas would have a hard time deafeting BM herself.

I don't get the feeling that this will be a classic head on battle with winners and losers, defeated and victoryious type of match. Surely, the Gifters/Kaidou's henchmen/Calamities will get their asswooped by the end of the arc but Kaidou will suffer a different fate then what normal antagonists have.

At least that is how i visualize based on what we know this far.

Sounds like kaidou can't be kld in any normal way. But not natural fruit power could do it, like moria. After what he did to his crew, I just can't see Moria not helping kll kaidou.

Hawkins joins the fight in Bakura Town, but which side is he actually joining ?
    He looks more concerned about random goons fighting Luffy than when he fought Luffy himself.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Icefae View Post
    If anything, Kaidou being suicidal makes him more likely to survive than someone with telling deathflags like Blackbeard or even Shanks. I don't know enough about Kaidou's personality yet, but that idealogical supplanting is usually core to "defeat" in One Piece. That could potentially foreshadow Kaidou eventually getting a new lease on life, which could be pretty powerful.
    The quack doctor commited suicide and it was framed positively. After he positively let his son poison him.

Oda has change his writing since (after Alabasta, after timeskip) but there is at least precedence for Oda framing death as something one can seek for positive or understandable reason and the reader supposing to sympathize with it.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I'm enjoying Luffy out there jumping around and threatening Yonkos with kicking their butts.

and then, there's Shanks like; no Teach, stop, dont do that!, noo, wait, imma tell the gorosei!!, Teach stop pleaseee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I'm enjoying Luffy out there jumping around and threatening Yonkos with kicking their butts.

and then, there's Shanks like; no Teach, stop, dont do that!, noo, wait, imma tell the gorosei!!, Teach stop pleaseee!!
    To be honest, Luffy just doesn't know what he is facing. He never did. Maybe it is commen when you are future Pirate King^^

I really don't think at this point Gorosei need yonkous shanks to tell them about BB, if yes then they are much dumber then luffy.

I think shanks knows now luffy as yonkou will get heavy attention from wg so maybe he is there to tell them if they do something againt luffy then he will also be their enemy since they are friends. Since shanks knows luffy can't handle the entire wg force now since he just got in the NW. He only started to move when he saw the news about luffy.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; September 8th, 2018 at 01:42 AM.

uhmm, I'm kind of realizing Shanks and current Luffy/fleet/allies would be a massive strength together.

If Shanks gave a real damn about the Blackbeard thing he should have been chansed and killed before he became a yonko.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    If Shanks gave a real damn about the Blackbeard thing he should have been chansed and killed before he became a yonko.
    Maybe he did and that's how he got his scar.
    Back then, killing Teach would mean war with WB. After killing Tatch, BB was on the run and was so difficult to trace Ace had to infiltrate the Marines to find him. Shortly after, MF happened... at which point BB might have already become too dangerous to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Maybe he did and that's how he got his scar.
    Back then, killing Teach would mean war with WB. After killing Tatch, BB was on the run and was so difficult to trace Ace had to infiltrate the Marines to find him. Shortly after, MF happened... at which point BB might have already become too dangerous to attack.
    Blackbeard was not untrackable when he left Whitebeard. Whitebeard just chose not two and Ace quickly tracked him down. And Blackbeard spent the last 2 years in the new world and was under no one protection. Blackbeard was short on men and a novice to in his fruit. Shanks chose to not not finish him when he was to weak.

I mean all the yonko did but whereas the other 2 don't seem to care much about their position and whoever doesn't attack them I can say that consistent. But with Shanks that suposedely care about the danger he will grow to be that's just stupid. And every time there is a discussion about how Shanks is interested in that I am reminded that if he really did he should have killed him already.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Blackbeard was not untrackable when he left Whitebeard. Whitebeard just chose not two and Ace quickly tracked him down. And Blackbeard spent the last 2 years in the new world and was under no one protection. Blackbeard was short on men and a novice to in his fruit. Shanks chose to not not finish him when he was to weak.

I mean all the yonko did but whereas the other 2 don't seem to care much about their position and whoever doesn't attack them I can say that consistent. But with Shanks that suposedely care about the danger he will grow to be that's just stupid. And every time there is a discussion about how Shanks is interested in that I am reminded that if he really did he should have killed him already.
    Because he doesn't want a new set of scars.

Otsuru having Kozuki clan symbol in her store isn't like saying; hey sup I'm a rebel, fuck Orochi!!
    ???

Otsuru having Kozuki clan symbol in her store isn't like saying; hey sup I'm a rebel, fuck Orochi!!
    ???
    The symbol is very very similar, but not exactly the same. Oda may elaborate more on that in the future.

???
    The symbol is a crane which is basically her name in japanese

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I wonder, what if Shutenmaru is actually a newly lean and trim Gekko Moriah?

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Just as BB, Shanks maybe just believes in fate and he believes he isn't meant to kill BB. IF there is a deeper meaning to Shanks giving the hat to Luffy, there COULD be a deeper meanig why Shanks hasn't finished off BB by the end of the war. That doesn't stop BB from killing Shanks one day though. Could be the same Situation Shanks (and Luffy) faced in East Blue where Shanks lost his arm.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Sounds like kaidou can't be kld in any normal way. But not natural fruit power could do it, like moria. After what he did to his crew, I just can't see Moria not helping kll kaidou.
    I wonder what happens, if Moria steals Kaidou's shadow and the sun hits Kaidou. Either Kaidou will meet his (longed for) death, or the sun just explodes.
    The latter would be funny
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Mangaspoiler Emigrant RigaCrypto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I wonder, what if Shutenmaru is actually a newly lean and trim Gekko Moriah?
    Haha that would be cool. After the Marineford War, Absalom with Hogback managed to save Moriah and took him to Wano where Hogback had some friends/safehouse & received the generosity and help of the Wano people. By the time he healed up and managed to put a small crew together Kaidou stomps in Wano, kills the Shogun and takes over. He then sweard to himself he will do everything he can to save the Wano folks from him and the fullfill his revenge for killing his former crew. He came with a nickname to hid his true name and took the mantle of "Robin Hood' :)))

I think if Moria was around there would've been hints about people without shadows and things like that. But with Oda you never know.

guys look in here

https://imgur.com/a/ix7vXqd

What he meant by this speech

Will we know the story of Zoro on this island and how he was born

Last edited by you want me for; September 19th, 2018 at 04:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information