+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2077

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

Hi all!

Looooooong time reader at AP, first time poster. Just caught up to the thread today, and I didn't realize there could be a "demand" for scans, as opposed to the photos Redon is usually kind enough to post each month. Although I can't possibly be as timely as the usual contributors on this thread, I've been buying the packs each month or two and scanning them when time has allowed, just caught up to the last pair yesterday. I wanted them to be crisp on my 10" tablet and have been using a convenient feed scanner at 600 dpi settings for my own personal Vivre Card digital collection, with scans coming out at 2700x3900 pixels or so. From there, I crop a small amount to trim off any empty sides and make the cards the same size, but I always save the originals just in case... I'd hate to have to re-scan them all!

So, not intending to step on Rika's toes, but when I saw their post I thought perhaps I'd offer my labor of love as well. I have a Mega account, and just uploaded my .cbr file of the original Starter Set here: https://mega.nz/#!sgZkSAZA!XyIks2YfE...7H7Y5N1euEnxHk (326.5 MB). If more of my scanned packs are wanted, I would be happy to upload them as time permits.

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th Septe

Quote Originally Posted by The AniMan View Post
    Hi all!

Looooooong time reader at AP, first time poster. Just caught up to the thread today, and I didn't realize there could be a "demand" for scans, as opposed to the photos Redon is usually kind enough to post each month. Although I can't possibly be as timely as the usual contributors on this thread, I've been buying the packs each month or two and scanning them when time has allowed, just caught up to the last pair yesterday. I wanted them to be crisp on my 10" tablet and have been using a convenient feed scanner at 600 dpi settings for my own personal Vivre Card digital collection, with scans coming out at 2700x3900 pixels or so. From there, I crop a small amount to trim off any empty sides and make the cards the same size, but I always save the originals just in case... I'd hate to have to re-scan them all!

So, not intending to step on Rika's toes, but when I saw their post I thought perhaps I'd offer my labor of love as well. I have a Mega account, and just uploaded my .cbr file of the original Starter Set here: https://mega.nz/#!sgZkSAZA!XyIks2YfE...7H7Y5N1euEnxHk (326.5 MB). If more of my scanned packs are wanted, I would be happy to upload them as time permits.
    Thank you, can you post the CP9 pack first. The black of their clothing is hard to get good scans.
    Thank you Rika also, I had used those before too.

Just love seeing all the characters in their color scheme.
    Last edited by weixiaobao; July 15th, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

Hi all!

While I have to say that .cbr is an odd format to have chosen, I'm very happy to see it done. The level of quality is incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    While I have to say that .cbr is an odd format to have chosen, I'm very happy to see it done. The level of quality is incredible!
    cbr is not a really odd format. It is a comic/manga reader program. Make your setting so that you can change the extension of the file. Change it to .rar And then un-rar or un-zip it.
    You can access those pictures individually.

I hope that help.

I love the quality. I keep them at they are but also a more reduce size quality to make it easier to work in excel. since Excel only go up to 2 gig (I think). Though the program froze a lot passing 1 gig.
    Last edited by weixiaobao; July 15th, 2019 at 01:24 AM.

CBR is pretty standard for comic book stuff, actually. Its ideal for "flipping" pages and getting two page spreads.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    cbr is not a really odd format. It is a comic/manga reader program. Make your setting so that you can change the extension of the file. Change it to .rar And then un-rar or un-zip it.
    You can access those pictures individually.

I hope that help.

I love the quality. I keep them at they are but also a more reduce size quality to make it easier to work in excel. since Excel only go up to 2 gig (I think). Though the program froze a lot passing 1 gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    CBR is pretty standard for comic book stuff, actually. Its ideal for "flipping" pages and getting two page spreads.
    As much as I appreciate the advice, I do know what .cbr is and how to unpack it. I just wasn't expecting it here.

It's a format I like for western comics, but historically I've had little luck mixing it with manga. The right to left reading doesn't translate well to its systems. Spreads loaded as a single wide image load alright, even if zoomed in views start at the wrong side, but getting individual pages to sit side by side the same way they would be in a physical book never seems to work. Although, it's been years since I tried it for that purpose, maybe the readers have more options now.

As much as I appreciate the advice, I do know what .cbr is and how to unpack it. I just wasn't expecting it here.

It's a format I like for western comics, but historically I've had little luck mixing it with manga. The right to left reading doesn't translate well to its systems. Spreads loaded as a single wide image load alright, even if zoomed in views start at the wrong side, but getting individual pages to sit side by side the same way they would be in a physical book never seems to work. Although, it's been years since I tried it for that purpose, maybe the readers have more options now.
    Any good reader will have a right to left option nowadays and works just fine.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Any good reader will have a right to left option nowadays and works just fine.
    Well there you go. I'll have to give the format another shot then.

Well there you go. I'll have to give the format another shot then.
    "Cover" in the microsoft store works really well. Even has "manga mode" as a built in option.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/co...ot:overviewtab

"Cover" in the microsoft store works really well. Even has "manga mode" as a built in option.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/co...ot:overviewtab
    That's awesome. Thanks!

Hi all!

Thanks so much!!!

Amazing job and quality

Haha, I inadvertently made this a file format discussion too!

I prefer digital manga, so when I purchase new volumes I work with them to make a .cbr copy for my own collection of files, which is the best way for me to read instead of using different apps for different publishers/languages, etc. Thanks to the threads I've followed on AP, I now buy OP in English (print/digital) and both digital versions in Japanese (monochrome/color), so it's very nice to have them all in "the same spot." I also have a large CD collection and have decided to use the feed scanner at this quality to make real backups of the albums, music + scans, so .cbr has become a convenient format for me to gather images into one file and still have them be viewable without extracting them.

I’m glad these are helpful! To perhaps save some time for all involved, I've uploaded a copy of my slightly reduced quality/cropped collection (no info missing, of course) here: https://mega.nz/#!V8QyVCQR!-T_B__x80..._mvduGiDSG1e6k

Weixiaobao, perhaps this will be perfect for what you need… my steps for this image collection were to remove the scans of the jackets (cards only), crop images to a uniform 2700x3850 (removing outer edges with any empty space), then save the cropped images as .jpgs with a quality setting of 50. I have found this to be a surprisingly impressive setting for reducing size while still keeping detail quality, and the result is a complete (for now) Vivre Card collection that is under 900 MB. Since there is no separation by pack, files are in order of the card number(s) they show, and I have removed the "F" or "B" for front/back in favor of "-01" or "-02" to allow more numbers for characters with multiple cards.

I'll check back when I return home from work this evening, have a great day everyone!
    Last edited by The AniMan; July 15th, 2019 at 06:49 AM. Reason: wording

HI've uploaded a copy of my slightly reduced quality/cropped collection (no info missing, of course) here: https://mega.nz/#!V8QyVCQR!-T_B__x80..._mvduGiDSG1e6k

Weixiaobao, perhaps this will be perfect for what you need… my steps for this image collection were to remove the scans of the jackets (cards only), crop images to a uniform 2700x3850 (removing outer edges with any empty space), then save the cropped images as .jpgs with a quality setting of 50. I have found this to be a surprisingly impressive setting for reducing size while still keeping detail quality, and the result is a complete (for now) Vivre Card collection that is under 900 MB. Since there is no separation by pack, files are in order of the card number(s) they show, and I have removed the "F" or "B" for front/back in favor of "-01" or "-02" to allow more numbers for characters with multiple cards.

I'll check back when I return home from work this evening, have a great day everyone!
    Thank bud, I would love to have the full quality ones too :)
    I just love seeing all the characters in their supposed color scheme and in nice drawing (anime cough cough).
    Still that they chose some designs over another. Nekomamushi look cooler with both arms.

Edit: Wow, the crop was a very neat idea. Everything look amazing. Digital is cool. Easier to preserve, look up, arrange. :)
    Last edited by weixiaobao; July 15th, 2019 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    Thanks so much!!!

Amazing job and quality
    That means a lot, Redon! You're one of the people/sources I think of when there is sharing of new One Piece items, I'm glad these are good for you as well. Very happy to give a little something back, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    Thank bud, I would love to have the full quality ones too :)
    I just love seeing all the characters in their supposed color scheme and in nice drawing (anime cough cough).
    Still that they chose some designs over another. Nekomamushi look cooler with both arms.

Edit: Wow, the crop was a very neat idea. Everything look amazing. Digital is cool. Easier to preserve, look up, arrange. :)
    You're welcome, of course! I will work on uploading the full quality originals and will post links when I finish so it will be easier to have one post with everything. I will miss new packs after August, but am glad I will not be behind in scanning these! If you would be willing to wait a few more weeks for the originals, it might be best to post all the links after I scan the last two packs... for now.

I decided to crop because it looks better to me when a set of images are the same size, it feels more professional without the empty edges too. I don't want to harm the artwork of course, but it's VERY minimal at the edges and makes the collection look much better in the end (I think). And yes, I am a little jealous of everyone with cards in your binders, I returned mine straight to the packs after scanning each time. I know myself, if they were not sealed away I would find a way to have an accident and damage them. Better to scan and enjoy on my tablet/computer, haha!

Haha, I inadvertently made this a file format discussion too!

I prefer digital manga, so when I purchase new volumes I work with them to make a .cbr copy for my own collection of files, which is the best way for me to read instead of using different apps for different publishers/languages, etc. Thanks to the threads I've followed on AP, I now buy OP in English (print/digital) and both digital versions in Japanese (monochrome/color), so it's very nice to have them all in "the same spot." I also have a large CD collection and have decided to use the feed scanner at this quality to make real backups of the albums, music + scans, so .cbr has become a convenient format for me to gather images into one file and still have them be viewable without extracting them.

I’m glad these are helpful! To perhaps save some time for all involved, I've uploaded a copy of my slightly reduced quality/cropped collection (no info missing, of course) here: https://mega.nz/#!V8QyVCQR!-T_B__x80..._mvduGiDSG1e6k

thank you for sharing all the good stuff

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Jack being a full fishman is kinda (-_____-),
    Jack being 8 yrs old when Kaidou killed Oden is (-___________-)
    But I guess this explains why King and Queen mock and scold him. They're probably older.

Carrot being the traitor would be dope though.
    She looked unscathed when the 2nd SH-Group arrived at Zou.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

I'm not sure if this scan from last Jump is related with Vivre Card lol

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    I'm not sure if this scan from last Jump is related with Vivre Card lol

https://images2.imgbox.com/39/93/fS6zXiwB_o.png
    Seems to be a real contest happening in Japan, from information from both the Volumes and the Vivre Cards being put to the test. Interested about the details, as I can't seem to find a date or location listed there

Lol no, it’s about the contest to determine who’s the One Piece Knowledge King

Thanks for doing the write up Artur!

I was surprised by the older info I'd forgotten. Thinks like Moria's zombies being called "marios" (that wasn't anywhere in the official translation, was it?) and the KumaA, KumaB and KumaC theory for Perona's bears, which I don't think has been properly reflected in any translation to date. None of that's new info, but it had totally slipped my mind until now.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh, the info on Oars is interesting. I'm surprised to learn he was born after the Void Century, when I would previously have guessed he was alive during it. I feel like the info here is both evidence for and against the idea of him creating Wano. Obviously, with its varied climates and rivers between provinces, Wano feels like a land cobbled together from smaller islands, but at the same time, 500 years feels waaaaay to young for it. Time will tell, I suppose. None of the info we have on Ryuma says how long ago he's meant to have died, right?
    Thank you! There is no information on Ryuma's card about when he died, though Gyukimaru claimed it as centuries ago if I recall (which is what most of us had assumed). Though I assume you were referring to a hard number, so I hope we get that at some point, or at least a general century. Full on noland-like Ryuma flashback would be super sweet too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information