+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2075

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary, new One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

  1. #1021

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    Starter Set Vol.2 will include: Sunny-Go, Sabo, Aokiji, Sengoku, Fujitora, Garp, Going Merry.
    Will we have going merry card 11 and sunny go card 12?

  2. #1022

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Huh interesting they're debuting those two

    If it does some people may take it as a death knell to any new crew mate but I doubt it
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  3. #1023

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Ouch, that's going to be really lame if Merry and Sunny are 11 and 12

  4. #1024

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    I can't help but feel like Merry and Sunny's card will be handled differently. I don't think they'll get a number or maybe they'll share the #13 spot. At the very least Merry and Sunny should share a spot.

    1. We don't have a 2.9 fruit user. None of the existing Strawhats show any interest in acquiring a DF with those parameters. Also having established main characters get a DF after 10 to 20+ years seems unlikely. The only existing Strawhat that doesn't have a DF that hasn't explicitly shot down the idea is Zoro and there's no way Oda is going to give him one.

    2. Luffy said that he wanted at least 10 nakama, so we're due for at least 1 more after Jinbe. So at the very least Merry and Sunny would have to share a number.

    3. Have we even gotten multiple variations of a numbered card in the very same pack? Makes me think Merry and Sunny will be handled differently. 000A and 000B or something like that.

    4. The name of the crew is Mugiwara no Ichimi which could be double entendre for "Strawhat of 1.3". The 13 slots in the databook was an immediate reflag for me. I think the crew will eventually be 13 Strawhats or 12 + the ship. The ship's dock numbers literally give the appearance of a giant #13. Having 12 crew members is also a really nice number, potentially having a Chinese zodiac sign for everyone, maybe even split the crew into half DF users and half nonDF users.

    We'll just have to wait until the databook update drops in March so who knows. I do think the Vivre Card databook will be of lasting authority in these nakama discussions. The databook was conceived as being future proof so I don't think they're going to come out with a Vivre Card 2 databook with revised numbers rather than just continuing to release expansion packs.

  5. #1025
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Quote Originally Posted by fapfapfap View Post
    4. The name of the crew is Mugiwara no Ichimi which could be double entendre for "Strawhat of 1.3". The 13 slots in the databook was an immediate reflag for me. I think the crew will eventually be 13 Strawhats or 12 + the ship. The ship's dock numbers literally give the appearance of a giant #13. Having 12 crew members is also a really nice number, potentially having a Chinese zodiac sign for everyone, maybe even split the crew into half DF users and half nonDF users.
    it is 13 counting 'former' member Vivi.
    I think the only option they could share would be 12, leaving 11 for a last(yet to be introduced) Nakama. it would make sense to me if the relevant SH's get numbers from 1 to 11, then Sunny/Merry share 12, and former member vivi covers the thirteenth position, nicely fitting to both Luffy's words in chapter one, and to that thing about 'mugiwara no ichimi' being thirteen in total with Vivi and the ship.

  6. #1026

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    it is 13 counting 'former' member Vivi.
    I think the only option they could share would be 12, leaving 11 for a last(yet to be introduced) Nakama. it would make sense to me if the relevant SH's get numbers from 1 to 11, then Sunny/Merry share 12, and former member vivi covers the thirteenth position, nicely fitting to both Luffy's words in chapter one, and to that thing about 'mugiwara no ichimi' being thirteen in total with Vivi and the ship.
    I don't really see Sunny being 11 or 12. Only 13 would have made sense to me.


    I actually made this graphic about a year ago so its been interesting to see the Vivre Card databook unfold.

    Sunny having a giant #13 on it only made sense if it.
    A. Sunny was the literal 13th Strawhat, which instead appears to be Vivi according to this databook.

    or

    B. The giant #13 on the Sunny would be symbolic of the total number of future Strawhats (well 12 members + Vivi).

    Given that A doesn't appear to be the case now that Vivi occupies #13 as a former SH in the databook, I think B is the case. It'd also be really weird and awkward for the Sunny to have a giant #13 on it but actually be Strawhat #11 or #12.

    So.... I think we just have to wait and see. As it is, I don't really see Sunny occupying #11 or #12.

  7. #1027
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    That would kill Luffy's sentence; 'I need ten people' tho.

    but yeah, the answer's coming in march, that thing about Sunny's 13 seemed nice to me, but with Vivi stuck at 13, that's just not the case anymore.

  8. #1028
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    I am not sure that the cards and their numbers are actually going to say anything meaningful about the crew. Is Vivre Card really going to reveal someone joining the crew before the manga does? Especially since it isn't written directly by Oda. So even if all of these numbers are filled, I don't think that excludes the possibility of a tenth crewmate. Now, if there is someone yet to join, the obsessive part of me would like if 11 was never used and both of the ships had 12, just so nothing becomes out of date...but either way, it won't matter to me in the long run.

    Though it's not like I see a crewmate after Jinbe as a guaranteed thing. Vivi did mention the possibility of rejoining the crew if they crossed paths again.



    Spoiler:

  9. #1029
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I am not sure that the cards and their numbers are actually going to say anything meaningful about the crew. Is Vivre Card really going to reveal someone joining the crew before the manga does?.
    If say someone from Wano were to join, then it won't be spoiled, the Wano Kuni pack could come as far as December 2019, by then there could be someone well written for the job, and would come even further if it gets divided into two packs, and given the massive amount of characters from Wano, that's likely the case.

  10. #1030

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    If say someone from Wano were to join, then it won't be spoiled, the Wano Kuni pack could come as far as December 2019, by then there could be someone well written for the job, and would come even further if it gets divided into two packs, and given the massive amount of characters from Wano, that's likely the case.
    Considering the Whole Cake Island packs will be out in August and there won't be any other arcs left untouched by that point, I doubt the Wano set will be that far off. Wano also isn't that bloated with new characters yet, though it is early days. Most of the hype behind it is the number of established characters returning to fight, so I doubt we'll have Dressrosa or Whole Cake levels of new cast members.

  11. #1031
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    XereX

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Considering the Whole Cake Island packs will be out in August and there won't be any other arcs left untouched by that point, I doubt the Wano set will be that far off. Wano also isn't that bloated with new characters yet, though it is early days. Most of the hype behind it is the number of established characters returning to fight, so I doubt we'll have Dressrosa or Whole Cake levels of new cast members.
    But we don't know the bulk forces of Kaido yet.
    add Kawamatsu, Denjiro, BoneSpitter, Witching-Hour Boy, Oden Sukiyaki, Lady Toki, Hiyori, characters who've not been properly introduced yet.
    along with Kiku, ShutenMaru, Batman, Gazelleman, Kyioshiro, Komurasaki, Holdem, Yokozuna, Topo Gigio face, King, Queen.

    Oden, Orochi and Kaido himself, it's gon be loaded.

  12. #1032
    Arf. (ᵔᴥᵔ) FelRes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    So many characters in Wano, new and returning. Fun idea: "Whoever gets the most mvp points gets the 11 and 12 cards!" Suddenly everyone from Kiku and Kinemon to Moriah and Perona to Katacutie and Pudding are trying to go in on Kaido
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

  13. #1033

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    I'm going to come out of left-field here and bring up a possibility that no one is considering. What if Sunny's card is 0325?

    3= San, 2=Ni, 5=Go i.e. Sunny-Go

  14. #1034

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    They're not going to make one based on a pun when every number from 14 onward follows the appearance order pattern. That's what birthdays are for.

  15. #1035

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    But we don't know the bulk forces of Kaido yet.
    add Kawamatsu, Denjiro, BoneSpitter, Witching-Hour Boy, Oden Sukiyaki, Lady Toki, Hiyori, characters who've not been properly introduced yet.
    along with Kiku, ShutenMaru, Batman, Gazelleman, Kyioshiro, Komurasaki, Holdem, Yokozuna, Topo Gigio face, King, Queen.

    Oden, Orochi and Kaido himself, it's gon be loaded.
    Fairly busy, sure, but not like 80something Big Mom kids huge. I can easily see a lot of the new smile users so far, like Batman and Gazelleman, being regulated to EX-status, and it would be foolish to assume the importance of characters who've only been namedropped offhand, like Witching-Hour Boy. Wano has had a fairly reasonable number of new characters for a new One Piece arc so far, which is still a lot, but I'm gonna maintain until contradicted by the actual series that the bulk of the action will come from returning characters. We seem to have names for all the most important Wano royalty and vassals already, it shouldn't take more than a few more Beast Pirates execs and EX-Character fodder to round that crew out, and then Oda can just let the returning established characters be the thing that raises the stakes and expands the scope of things.

  16. #1036

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    From the 20th anniversary thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by EMUNOPLA View Post
    Vivre Card pack#5 will tell information about :


    - All baroque works members real names


    - The name of Crocodile's ship


    - *" Never Told " information about Princess Shirahoshi


    - The name of Sun Pirates ship*


    - Size and Height for some huge characters like surume


    PIC :

    https://twitter.com/EMUNOPLA/status/...409699328?s=19

  17. #1037

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    - All baroque works members real names
    THIS!!! Never thought this was coming, but definitely something I wanted. Hope we can get the names of Treból/Diamante/Pica later, but I assume it's too early for Jack/Queen/King.

  18. #1038
    Discovered Stowaway Moriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    I was hoping they might reveal their real names, but I wonder if they'll do it for members who end up being EX characters such as Mr. 7, Miss Father's Day, and possibly Mr. 9 and Miss Monday (assuming they're not part of the second folder's starter pack).

  19. #1039

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Mr. 5: 10,000,000
    Miss Valentine: 7.5,000,000
    Bentham(Mr. 2): 32,000,000
    Miss Merry Christmas: 14,000,000
    Mr. 4: 3.2,000,000
    Miss DoubleFinger: 35,000,000
    Daz Bones(Mr. 1): 75,000,000

  20. #1040

    Default Re: New One Piece Databook on sale 4th September

    Some Baroque Works bounties.

    - Mr. 5: 10,000,000 Berries.
    - Miss Valentine: 7,500,000 Berries.
    - Mr. 4: 32,00,000 Berries.
    - Miss Merry Christmas: 14,000,000 Berries.
    - Mr. 2: 32,000,000 Berries.
    - Miss Doublefinger: 35,000,000 Berries.
    - Mr. 1: 75,000,000 Berries.

    - Neptune has 70 years.
    - Otohime died at 36 years.
    Last edited by redon; January 3rd, 2019 at 07:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts