+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece "Episode of Skypiea", new TV Special (25th August 2018)

Default Re: One Piece "Episode of Skypiea", new TV Special (25th August 2018)

East Blue wasnt very good? You mean too fast pace or what? For me East Blue was very good, pace was okay for me,animation very nice, 0 cesorship besides zeff eating own leg but they will never show this.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Yes. They skipped out way too much. The Nami stuff especially was too short to tell the story well (though finally having the Bellmere death scene done right was nice), and it didn't even have the walk to Arlong Park.

Weird to retell that story again after Episode of Nami anyway.

It'll be nice to see the reanimated stuff, since Skypiea has barely gotten any reanimated flashbacks. But just like all of the other recap specials, this one will probably be a mess pacing wise.

Skypiea itself has 66 chapters, and then there's 20 more if Jaya is included at all (and with the Noland stuff, I bet some of it will be.) Based on the Nami special, I'm guessing the Noland flashback will remain mostly faithful, and Luffy vs. Enel will probably get a good chunk. The rest will more than likely be a mess of cut scenes, though.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Yeah, I can't imagine it without Jaya. From Luffy meeting Conis through to the Trials will be where everything is barebones.

No Usopp impression of Sanji I bet. :/

Episode of East Blue was trying stay true to manga so that's why there was no walk to arlong park because this is anime filler.

Was it? Haven't watched it since it aired, but I was pretty sure there was plenty of manga stuff that was skipped, like the adoption flashback.

Ofc there was so much skipped stuff because there is no way you can do 40 ep in 2 h, the only thing i want from this special is that they will do few scenes from jaya at the start, like luffy 1 shot bellamy, scene in the bar + bb speech.

So if you're making something that intrinsically is going to be missing a lot of stuff anyway you should worry more about how coherent it is and less about what is anime-only and what is not.

Cramming eighty-six chapters into a 105 minute special isn't going to work, so expect the special to feel like a recap episode with really disjointed scene transitions unless it's framed like a discussion between two characters ala Sword Art Online: Extra Edition.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Cramming eighty-six chapters into a 105 minute special isn't going to work, so expect the special to feel like a recap episode with really disjointed scene transitions unless it's framed like a discussion between two characters ala Sword Art Online: Extra Edition.
    I don't see how this special is bad.

As an overview for casual anime fans it's perfect, newer fans probably haven't watched all the previous episodes, a throwback for old anime fans too with updated animation and bonus content. It's not like everything in the arc was memorable or vital so they might pull it off. Skypeia is nothing like the cramming with Episode of Merry.

I'm think those are Isoichi designs.
    Last edited by YoungWhite; May 19th, 2018 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    I don't see how this special is bad.

As an overview for casual anime fans it's perfect, newer fans probably haven't watched all the previous episodes, a throwback for old anime fans too with updated animation and bonus content. It's not like everything in the arc was memorable or vital so they might pull it off. Skypeia is nothing like the cramming with Episode of Merry.
    They barely were able to pull it off with the 27 chapter Arlong Arc, though.

AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    They barely were able to pull it off with the 27 chapter Arlong Arc, though.
    Now you're just over-exaggerating, Episode of Nami was perfect.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Oh man I really hope we get a remix of Hikari E as the opening, that would be the icing on the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Now you're just over-exaggerating, Episode of Nami was perfect.
    That's why I said "barely".

Episode of Nami was pretty good, but was rushed in quite a few spots. And now they're going to be handling another arc that's 3x the length. I really don't think these are suitable replacements for new fans at all.

AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    That's why I said "barely".

Episode of Nami was pretty good, but was rushed in quite a few spots. And now they're going to be handling another arc that's 3x the length. I really don't think these are suitable replacements for new fans at all.
    Fair enough, well hopefully this one is good! Can look forward to new animation, maybe some bgm.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

As long as Enel's lightning is yellow (along with his entire colour scheme, jesus, anime team, get a clue) and the following scenes are in this, I'll be satisfied:
    - Luffy's impression of Zoro and Sanji;
    - Luffy and Chopper pick up sticks and promptly get lost (as well as Zoro, of course);
    - Luffy, Usopp and Sanji fall from a waterfall and are scared to death;
    - Everyone is mourning Pagaya, including Pagaya;
    Last edited by Chrior; May 18th, 2018 at 03:50 PM.

https://one-piece.com/news/detail/20180519_7229 Official Key Visual from the website is now out.

Preview will be released after the upcoming screening of Film Gold (Which is tomorrow!)

3 months before airtime... good schedule.

Hoping someone can translate the rest of the info, I'm not sure I want to rely on google translate for this.

It's easy to have a few priority cuts finished before the special is finished in full.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    As long as Enel's lightning is yellow (along with his entire colour scheme, jesus, anime team, get a clue) and the following scenes are in this, I'll be satisfied:
    - Luffy's impression of Zoro and Sanji;
    - Luffy and Chopper pick up sticks and promptly get lost (as well as Zoro, of course);
    - Luffy, Usopp and Sanji fall from a waterfall and are scared to death;
    - Everyone is mourning Pagaya, including Pagaya;
    We can see blue-white lightning on the poster (I'm #TeamBlue anyway so no skin off my nose).
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information