+ Reply to Thread
Page 369 of 376 FirstFirst ... 269 319 359 367 368 369 370 371 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,380 of 7518

Thread: My Hero Academia II - A true Hero

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - A true Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But who decides whether she's right or wrong? Some supreme planetary collective consciousness?

For her ability to even work like that, it would have to be connected to something like a gigantic database with a supreme AI capable of making split second decisions in multiple different environments all across the world.
    Maybe it's based more on her perception vs the targets perception (if they're sentient).

So when facing a sentient being it becomes a calculation.
    Star faces a rubber pirate. She perceives him to be Monkey D. Luffy. He perceives himself to be Monkey D. Luffy. When they touch there's a mental match and her abilities activate.
    If the rubber pirate is a fake however, say someone like Demaro Black, then there's no match and it fails.

It opens up for some cool downsides of an otherwise powerful ability. For example what if she meets someone who's been brainwashed to think they're someone else?

As for non-sentient beings, it could again be something like "Does my perception of what I'm touching match it's actual structure?". In that case she might be like Momo where she has to learn the composition of everything around her.

But the simpler answer is probably just that everything has an innate name and her quirk allows her to connect to that.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But who decides whether she's right or wrong? Some supreme planetary collective consciousness?
    Wathever she touched isnt what she pictured. I imagine if you mention water you are thinking about something with the properties of water and trying to affect that. If the properties she imagine/associate with was she is trying to affect doesnt match the reality of what she touch it fails.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Wathever she touched isnt what she pictured. I imagine if you mention water you are thinking about something with the properties of water and trying to affect that. If the properties she imagine/associate with was she is trying to affect doesnt match the reality of what she touch it fails.
    But who is watching it and deciding whether what she touched corresponds to what she pictured or not? Water is a simple enough example, but here we have a person that is Shigaraki, but also isn't quite Shigaraki, and in order for all this to make sense, there would have to exist a collective world consciousness that decides how Star's ability will behave at any given moment.
    Of course, I may be jumping to conclusions, depending on what actually happens next, but I think the best thing that could happen to this manga is that Star dies and takes the ability with her.
    While possibly throwing a wrench in AFO's plans by giving Shigi some kind of a lasting handicap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I agree with Razh. From a meta perspective the quirk obviously needs some kind of restriction to it. But in-universe, for the type of ability it is, which is literally reality warping, it's pretty silly that it has those kind of rules/limitations to begin with.

I mean makes sense to me you have to know what properties you want to change. Otherwise why is the naming or touching even a thing.

It's true that it is dumb. An insane person could delude themselves into thinking that they are All Might but would that circumvent the ability? I mean the person really believes it so i guess naming them by their real name would not work.

As stated so far the quirk has two rules: 1) you can only have two active rules; 2) you must touch something and named it to apply a rule to it.
    But what exactly - in itself - avoids the loop: I touch myself stating my name a add a new rule upon me: I can create an infinity number of rules following the constrictions of the quirk.
    Would that work? Would it count as one slot?

New Vigilantes out

Spoiler:
    I love this cast.

Great chapter indeed.

Very happy it was both Soga and Koichi saving Knuckleduster. And Mr. Offense VS Mr. Defense comes to a fitting conclusion with No. 6 blowing himself up, but I doubt he's dead. And that explosion was bound to catch the heroes attention. AFO will have to get Kurogiri to warp No. 6 away.

NNID: jervinnectar

typical american hero
    Spoiler:
    Nuking away its problems.

I really like her quirk though.

Its incredibly unique.

But lol yeah, giant ethereal lady being more ineffective than nukes is absolutely hilarious
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Holy shit I was actually on the right track with her quirk being perception-based and differing between sentient/non-sentient targets.

Really nice chapter, still wish we'd keep to the kids and teachers but at least Stripes is delivering some quality muscles.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

I continue to love Hori's constant shoutouts to Star Wars.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Saw the new MHA movies. It's fine, but probably the weakest of the movies so far.

Spoiler:
    The movie mainly focuses on Deku and the one-off movie character (even becoming kind of a road movie at one point) and the two kind of develop a serious bromance. Like, I wouldn't surprised if people wrote a good number of fanfics after this.

Naturally, Bakugo and Todoroki get a decent amount of screen time and their own dedicated fights, but not much beyond that. The rest of Class A make appearances, but they don't really do anything. Just there for eye candy. I mean, I know Baku and Todo are the safe bet and these movies need to make money, but would it kill them to just take a chance on some of the less popular characters and give them some fights?

The villains are okay. They're basically the Meta Liberation Army except with kind of the opposite philosophy (the even have a manifesto like the MLA). The main villain does have a cool design, but there isn't too much to his character. And it really felt like they were building up the arrow girl for a big fight, but then they just kill her off half way. Instead Baku and Todo just fight two random ass villains.

One thing I'll say though is that this movie definitely feels fast. It's a pretty standard 1 hour 45 minutes runtime, but it feels more like a 45 minute TV special. So if you're not super into it, at least it'll go by quickly.

So yeah, it's a nice enough time for MHA fans. But if you're not super interested, then I'd say you can safely skip it and just watch on DVD/streaming if you want.

So with whats happening with Shigaraki and with us being shown what happened to Nagant I assume there is no traitor in UA?

I mean perhaps one of characters was given quirk as a child by AFO and his counciousness just keeps second passęnger AFO that is mentally Linked to real AFO?

Does that make any sense?

World Heroes Mission may have been better than the entirety of season 5. Surprisingly fun movie; perhaps my favorite of the bunch.

Saw World Heroes Mission and man. That was not a fun time

Spoiler:
    I think a lot of my issues are the same as Nobodyman's. As soon as I saw that 90% of the cast were gonna be basically cameos I just lost interest. Although I think if I liked Bakugo, Deku and Todoroki I'd have ate this one up like Ice Cream. But they're not and I was pretty annoyed that the movie poster promised the likes of FatGum and the Dragon Hero only to not even do anything with them. Considering the first movie focused on about 10 kids while the second movie focused on everyone, I was expecting this to be reigned in and focus on a select amount of characters. Especially when some of these sorely need some screentime.

I was bored through a lot of the movie, especially the first hour or so which actually I felt dragged on. I went for the toilet what I thought was mid-way through the movie but still dragged on for a good half hour before starting to wrap things up. Although I did get to see the musical piece which IMO was the highlight of the movie.

Arrow Girl was probably the highlight. Although I was kinda amused that Deku said she looked like a villain when she dressed pretty much like the heroes did. Reminds me of the whole Piccolo thing. I think I would have had more investment in the villains if they went more into the whole 'We don't have quirks' thing. I mean. They had scientists developing anti-quirk stuff. We know there's anti-quirk stuff in the manga. So why did all of the fights include people who have quirks?

Also the Stealth Suit thing really felt like it was just there to sell merch. I was expecting there to be a whole big thing as to why they're using it and how they need this to take on the villains but nope. You get 10 minutes at the start and that's it.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Commander Agpar?

Really?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information