+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 329 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,200 of 6577

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

There better be a good explanation to that reveal and late arrival other than as an attempt to shock the reader.

I'm fine with Best Jeanist showing up out of the blue, and with other characters jumping in, because every single one has been shown/foreshadowed en route. If he'd shown up with absolutely no indication? Sure, that'd be wild and dumb. But we knew a plane was inbound with an injured character that was almost certainly Jeanist so it's no major surprise, and he's got thematic reasons to be here. I have no problem with it.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Well there's one problem, where the hell did Hawks get a body double? Do the HC has a soldier with a quirk akin to Twice or Skeptic? Or did they provided a random hobo tobe masked as Jeanist?

Good chapter, the fact that BJ is alive may hurt Dabi“s video a little, but considering that Endy will most likely accept the consequences of his actions, I can“t see him denying anything in a future press conference. Feeling pretty bad for the Todoroki“s family though, Endy deserves this, but they are in the middle of the crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    as much as I like some depth into Dabi, that was really an attempt at a retcon towards Endeavour's character and trying to paint him in a better light.
    It's really fine if he was a full time jerk father and going the vegeta route is better than creating flashbacks that mess with character consistency.
    I might be a little too vocal but I do enjoy Endeavour as a character.
    I mean, abusers getting worse over time is a thing. It seems that Endeavor got more abusive down the line, the change must have happened between him finding out that Toya wasn“t suited to be a hero and Shoto developing his quirk.

So far the Todoroki story is like this:
    Spoiler:
    -Endy realizes he can“t surpass All Might
    -Endy uses his money to buy the approval of Rei“s family (wich is pretty damn creepy, so early Endeavor wasn“t a saint)
    -Toya is born with a stronger fire quirk.
    -Natsuo and Fuyumi are born.
    -Shoto is born.
    -Toya drawnback is revealed and Shoto“s quirk appears.
    -Endy ignores Toya, also abuses Shoto and Rei.
    -Rei snaps because of the abuse and is sent to the clinic.
    -Toya kills himself in that mountain and Rei“s state worsens.
    -Endy stays a piece of shit until All Might“s retirement.

The middle part may be missing some details that have yet to be shown (if Endy tried to force Toya to train after discovering his drawback or the order of some of the parts), but as long as Hori doesn“t try to make light of that abuse, then what we see in this chapter is fine, so at least for now I wouldn“t call it a retcon.

I like how Touya blowing himself up shows that yes, Dabi has always been a fuckup.

I agree that nothing has been retconned about Endy.
    Clearly he started out pretty reasonably at first, but descended further into angry obsession the longer he had to wait for what he wanted.
    That's realistic tbh.

Also, I might just take you up on that "compilation of people arriving to this battle" challenge after this arc is done.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Well there's one problem, where the hell did Hawks get a body double? Do the HC has a soldier with a quirk akin to Twice or Skeptic? Or did they provided a random hobo tobe masked as Jeanist?
    I'm think it's bit too early to call this a problem as most of the details of what actually happened have been left in the dark with the sole purpose of having the surprise reveal this very chapter. If how they managed to trick the villains never get's addressed I would very much agree with you. But calling it a problem at this very moment is just being negative for the sake of it as it should be clear that from now on the details of what actually happened are about to be revealed.

I love Dabi so much now. Not only Endeavor but throwing Hawks under the bus too was brillant (I forgot Dabi had something in his possession during the Dabi VS Hawks fight). But, yeah, Best Jeanist being alive will throw a monkey wrench into Dabi cred but not enough undo this big reveal. Still Best Jeanist becoming the next #1 hero seems even more likely now.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    my god this is turning into bleach level of hey im here no im here wait hes here and there he comes
    someone should do a compilation of people arriving at this very spot dramatically in this arc
    as much as I like some depth into Dabi, that was really an attempt at a retcon towards Endeavour's character and trying to paint him in a better light.
    It's really fine if he was a full time jerk father and going the vegeta route is better than creating flashbacks that mess with character consistency.
    I might be a little too vocal but I do enjoy Endeavour as a character.
    Like others said, it's way more hurtful if Endeavor eventually became a 100% asshole. Let's not sugar coat it though, he wanted kids solely to beat All Might from the beginning, but at least while he thought his dream was coming true he was somewhat decent towards his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    That brief comment from Compress...Is he related to someone special too? Maybe if Dabi is taken into custody we'll be able to get more info on Compress. I can't recall if Dabi was the only member the Heroes couldn't find background info on.
    I caught that comment too. Mr. Compress could be talking about Re-Destro, but I don't think that's the case. He's gonna get his own big reveal one day and Hori's probably just planting seeds for that.

Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    There better be a good explanation to that reveal and late arrival other than as an attempt to shock the reader.
    We never actually saw Hawks attack Best Jeanist. My guess is Hawks told BJ about being a double agent and got BJ to go into hiding. The Hero Safety Commission probably helped Hawks acquire a look-alike body which isn't hard to do since BJ keeps his face hidden all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Someone with a look alike quirk most likely. Btw, I love how I was wrong about Dabi having amnesia and you about Best Jeanist being dead getting revealed in the same arc mere chapters apart. lol

NNID: jervinnectar

Ok a look a like quirk works, but I assume I burned alive 30+ people Toya Dabi Todoroki would know a corpse by looking at it, even if was Jeanist. So the Hero Commission just took a dead hobo out the morgue for the infiltration?

Cool Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Don't be ridiculous, PH. It was a dead villain hobo, duh!

Ok now I want all the skeletons of the HC exposed, the child soldier program, the villain hobo body duos, the manipulation of the JP Ranking (really Crust and Wash on it?), etc

If wash has half of the control on the bubbles that Hawks has on His feathers, I’d think he (she?) got in by merit alone.

The flashback is being nice with endeavor. I hope they are keeping the “I’m a monster” flashback for the press conference.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The dead double has to fool the whole liberation front, if Dabi cared about the infiltration. So yeah, dead blonde hobo.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I am saddened and appalled by the lack of respect being shown towards hobos! They are people too and their corpse should not be used as a prop to fool a villainous organization.

The Hero Commission are the real villains. They ordered the Police not to give Gentle black tea.

I feel like ultimately it is a matter of perspective.
    Abusers do get worse over time but I would assume that if Dabi was that important to Endeavour, he would have had a moment and maybe stop being a dick.
    It was his abuse that set his wife onto a mental faculty and he beat the shit out of Todoroki.
    Also, abuse isn't just a physical thing, even if he didn't beat up Dabi, his favourism and possibly ignoring young Dabi could be so mentally abusive that it led him to kill himself.
    It is difficult to empathize or relate to the feelings he shown in this chapter when you actually look at the bullshit that he put them through.
    If he really did place importance in Dabi like this chapter shows, it would take that loss to be the actual trigger for his character development and not because he achieved "his" goal and now "feels empty/what's the purpose of "my" life".
    He's was an ego maniac and him denying it or any pretense of the writing trying to deny that sets me off.
    It's fine if he's slowly becoming a less of a douche now but come on, the first few pages and his words where he goes I searched for you for days and the expressions on his face seems to be an attempt to pretend that he wasn't.

It is not exactly retcon but Horikoshi had every intention to make Endeavour more popular and paint him in a better light but that was never his intention during the sports tournament arc.
    He was written as a complete douche.
    Edit: I'm not finding fault in Horikoshi for what, not planning 4 years ahead but the redemption should always just go forward instead of trying to readjust his previous characterization.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; November 16th, 2020 at 07:06 AM.

But the Endeavour we saw (the monster / ultimate douche) in the sports festival came chronologically after the one we saw in the most recent flashback.
    So nothing has been readjusted if we assume that he got worse between the two flashbacks.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

That's kind of my point when I meant from different perspectives.
    Like I feel like losing his son would have made him kinder towards his family, especially considering how her mother was breaking but it seems like this was the reverse so I do agree that this is a situation where abusers do get worse over time.
    It didn't take the loss of Dabi to make him a better person but the unintentional obtainment of his goal and his own search for meaning that did.

It's this disconnect where his abusive attitude towards his children have lead to one of his son's death but he didn't find it in him to change afterwards that bothers me.
    This chapter shows that he had elements of a caring father and has the ability to be introspective but those aspects was nowhere to be shown until the narrative decides to redeem him.
    Like I think really my whole issue is how it wouldn't feel so off to me if Dabi had more of a spotlight or talked more about in the family or that it was mentioned that he was essentially a centrepiece to the family breaking apart.
    I mean maybe it was mentioned and I missed it but at least it would make more sense to me

Maybe. But he supposedly lost a son due his kid's quirk going out of control. Maybe it flipped a switch in him. That Shoto HAD to perfect both his sides to not die in such a horrible way.

Keep in mind this flashback was from Endeavors perspective. The juicy stuff will be revealed in the full flashback from Toyas POV.

On Best Jeanist, it is entirely likely that Dabi looked in the body bag, saw a clearly alive Best Jeanist with fake blood on him, and then figured "eh, he's dead".

Dabi is a fuckup, learning that he blew himself up only adds to this.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information