+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 330 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 313 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 6596

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I just assumed your phone was doing an autocorrect thing lol
    Gosh, I wish. I'm on my PC. I must be really used to typing 'Horikawa Ryou'...
    She/Her

I thought it was a nickname, like wolfwood calling one piece characters by their horrible subs name, or the guy here that rather use a dated and bad 2000s show character name for All for One, the person.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    One Piece and toppling countries: it always (except drum) falls back to their original rightful and god given ruler, or Iceburg, who is a mayor in a world of Monarchs, somehow.
    East Blue has at least 2 Mayors.

4 actually.

Woop Slap, Genzo, Boodle and that old man who's always expecting Usopp's morning yells.

Continuing one piece politics, I wouldn’t be surprised if each blue was one or two kingdoms each, by the nature of their climate and waters, like if all we saw in east blue was actually Goa, but by the nature of the grand line, where islands have to be isolated and self sufficient, that water 7 is the one republic/city state, rather than being one city out of a kingdom or greater nation, has always struck me as odd.

Someone a long time ago made the point of being like shabody directly under the WG, but the lack of marine base, and the sea train connecting to the other 3 civilian islands felt more important than the fact that is directly connected to the judicial branch of the WG. But now, yeah, is right next to einess loby, I can believe it being directly under the WG.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007785
    Spoiler:
    A rather convoluted way of having Toga vs Ochaco. And Jeanist is alive, guess some hero has a body cloning quirk too.

I really like how close the league members are, well, except for Dabi. Spinner little speech was really nice, how his bandages got on his face made me laugh a lot. Now that Twice, he may be my favorite league members aside from Tomura, I really like how he is clearly unqualified for his actual position that only got because of seniority on the league, it makes me want to root for the guy.

On the other hand, it was nice seeing the girls and the other heroes saving people, though it seemed to me like they were blaming themselves a little too much. I am curious about how the thing with toga will go, since Toga┤s fighting skills are pretty good.

Important to remember that Toga's logic is not normal human logic.

It pisses me off that those league members thinks Toga is messed up because they live in a Hero Society, but instead she would be a messed up girl even in a regular society.

This arc really needs to end soon.
    The structure has been all over the place
    This fight happening now and here doesnt even make much sense not just in terms of when it happens but also the location and it felt unplanned.
    But hey at least Froppy gets her one moment and thats over part of the arc.

Let's see Toga got ahead of a behemoth that digging through a city at 100km/h, find a place to set a trap and them went after Ochaco. So did she learn to teletransport or she is the fastest human alive.

Glad that Best Jeanist is back. Or, at least I'm 99% sure that was him from what we saw and how he talked. Also, from what I saw in the helicopter it looks like he's gonna try to...
    (minor My Hero Vigilantes spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    Use the carbon fiber cables to restrain Gigantomachia similar to how he once used them to try to keep the Sky Egg building from falling.

I do like Spinner and even Mr. Compress stepping up as characters. Spinner will definitely become the heart of the League now that Twice is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    This arc really needs to end soon.
    The structure has been all over the place
    This fight happening now and here doesnt even make much sense not just in terms of when it happens but also the location and it felt unplanned.
    But hey at least Froppy gets her one moment and thats over part of the arc.
    I agree, but it looks like Horikoshi is trying to move all the important characters where they need to be going forward after the arc. Not the cleanest way if that's true but I'm sure it'll be worth it down the road.
    Last edited by Nectar; October 16th, 2020 at 01:53 PM.

NNID: jervinnectar

I'm all for Ochako getting some development outside of Deku...Buuuut. I really wish this was happening some other time. This arc really is going on a bit too long. We've already had several important confrontations.

The structure of the fight is being dragged out, for sure. I feel like the chapter could have easily cut material. We don't NEED to see how Toga and Ochako meet, just cut to them having met and use those pages for discussion.
    She/Her

I'm of the opposite opinion.
    The creepy stalk and the strike is Toga's MO.
    It was also nice to see Spinner giving her his thoughts.

This was perfectly in line with what I've come to expect, and it was a neat build up.
    Any quicker and I'd have gotten whiplash. MUCH better than them meeting up for no reason.
    That's the kind of thing that usually makes fans complain due to contrivance.
    At least SEEING Toga spot her prey and make her move is a LOT better than suddenly being right next to her out of nowhere.
    (Like Deku & Mirio just happening to bump into Chisaki & Eri in the street)

As it was, it felt just right.
    It's not like the manga ends next chapter. Where's the rush?
    Nothing wrong (in my opinion) with the way this chapter played out to get their confrontation going,
    in fact it sets it up perfectly for things to already be underway when we next see them.

Everything in this chapter was also here for a reason, especially on a character level.
    Ochako wants to save people, and thus was determined to save disguised Toga's fake husband.
    Toga's deception of Ochako has enraged her because she's TRYING to save lives right now, and the longer she's distracted, the more lives are being lost.
    That's why she's brushing off Toga and telling her to GTFO and let her do her job, or she'll stop her.
    This all felt really fitting and good.

I just don't get how, what felt like a natural build up and HERE WE GO moment to me, could feel dragged to someone else.
    But whatever, I don't need to get it. I'm enjoying it, and that's all that matters I guess.
    Last edited by MDL; October 17th, 2020 at 07:35 AM.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I don't see as much as dragged as more as I'm dying to get to the next arc and all it's delicious consequences set up from this arc. I'm guessing another reason this arc feels dragged (even thought it's really good) is all the breaks that's taken place since it started.

NNID: jervinnectar

I know we aree supposee to feel charmed by their villain comradery, but i'm all out of fucks to give about their comradery since they just decimated an entire town full of innocent people

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    I know we aree supposee to feel charmed by their villain comradery, but i'm all out of fucks to give about their comradery since they just decimated an entire town full of innocent people
    I feel the same. I think the lack of a solid endgoal makes their motivations almost insufferable.

For instance, one of the best, the Phantom troupe only massacre as revenge or when there's a purpose.
    Zabuza and Haku had a real sympathetic reason for being the bad guys and Akatsuki had psychos but the top brass inherently believe their kills is an ends justify the means kind of thing.
    There's some rules to psychos that I find it increasingly hard to see it the LoV... they just...kill? Maybe it'll get fleshed out next arc or something.

I feel like their goal is akin to what Joker is to Batman but in this case LoA to what All might built.
    I don't think anyone is supposed to find a group of jokers sympathetic.

You know, it's really difficult to try to obtain sympathy for a bunch of terrorists.
    I can't think of any villainous groups that are terrorists for the pure sake of destruction in this genre that I could ever sympathize or empathize with.
    There's the Joker movie but I don't think that's a right comparison in this case or ever because we are also talking about comradery (and a very different set of circumstances).

I feel like instead of using the "good guy tropes" to show comradery, pushing the villainous and the insane side of them further would have been better.

At this point it seems the league┤s goal is help Shiggy destroy society and remake it as they see fit, more or less. As for the particular reasons:
    -Spinner went from admiring Stain to admiring Tomura, mostly because he is drawn to the determination more than the ideals themselves, considering that he described himself as empty.
    -Toga wants to be free to love in her weird way.
    -Dabi wants to take Stain┤s ideals to a new level (real heroes don┤t exist), motivated most likely by his relationship to Endeavor and the fact that he knows about Hawks real name suggests that he may be related to the child soldier program too.
    -Twice simply wanted to feel accepted and useful.
    -Mr Compress is a blank space, so I don┤t know what he wants (maybe they expelled him from the magician┤s union for cheating with his quirk)

I personally like the league relationship because so many villains usually only care about themselves or will kill their subordinates if they fail, the league not being like that is fresh to me. They accept each other, but at the same time they reinforce both their best and worst traits. It is also a way to compare AFO and Tomura, the first had believers that saw him as a messiah, the second has comrades that fight by his side.

In that way, they remind me of the Don Quixote┤s family in One Piece, with Doflamingo being a monster to others, but forgiving with his crewmates.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinyDogma View Post
    In that way, they remind me of the Don Quixote┤s family in One Piece, with Doflamingo being a monster to others, but forgiving with his crewmates.
    Considering that the Donquixote family and their established togetherness was one of my absolute favourite aspects of Dressrosa, I think you nailed the LoV appeal for me.

Every single time I see the league members have genuine moments with each other without any manipulation, just honest-to-goodness "found family" dynamics...
    I can't help but feel charmed, regardless of what they're doing wrong.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information