+ Reply to Thread
Page 218 of 223 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 4446

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Spoiler:
    Yeah, a person would be crazy to attack the number one hero. But, no one thought a villain might go for the family? Come on, Enji. Step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Spoiler:
    I kinda wish they did take the time to speak of Touya just a bit. Because they just acknowledged Shouto's brother is dead. But Deku barely reacts. Especially for being an emotional ball of a character. Bakugo's reaction seems kinda in line with what he's been saying. He doesn't consider Todoroki a friend and he doesn't really give a shit that much about his home life. He looks a bit thoughtful about it. But I really think he doesn't care for the drama. Which ties into his reaction in the previous chapter about hearing more of the family drama lol. I did like that he asked for Fuyumi's recipe.

I think next chapter the kids will react. Endeavour might hesitate too much with another kid possibly dying.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I wish we got more on Toya but Deku knowing he existed is a big step narrative wise, I guess.

NNID: jervinnectar

Vol. 25 Cover

Damn that's cool.

Woah! Was not expecting that. That cover is insane. Especially love the title disintegrating too.
    Can't wait to see a My Hero Vigilantes version at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Araraaa View Post

And so begins the Deus Ex Machina of seven quirks.

So boring.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Lmao poor Bakugo.

Spoiler:
    He's been now forcibly smooshed into hugging almost all the Todoroki's now. And if Dabi is Touya then he's been up close and personal with all the guys.

The art was a bit hard to follow. But I think that might be a scan issue. Some parts were pretty dark.

I like that each of them had something to do and their roles switched up a bit. Bakugo on rescue when that's usually Deku's role. Deku on crowd control aoe when that's normally Todoroki and his ice. And Todoroki on facing the villain when that's typically what Bakugo prefers.

They really do work well as a team.

I'm cracking up. The spoilers threads seemed so sure we were being set up for Endeavour's flashback about Touya. But there was no such internal dialogue lol.

^ Agreed...
    Spoiler:
    I love the roles each of them played in recuse. Sure, they beat Endeavor, but technically it was because he was so worried about his son. And, yeah that Bakugo/Todorokis hug sandwich was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post

So boring.
    Spoiler:
    You know, I don't mind it in this instance. Deku had to train to control it and that same training also helped Shoto and Bakugo so he's not ahead of them in terms of power. And, it wasn't a fancy move either, just grab and lower. It also took training under the Number One Hero so I'll give it a pass.

Yeah I don't think this can be considered a deus ex machina.
    Spoiler:
    If a different unrelated quirk appeared sure. But he's been training for a week solid on something he's had access to for weeks. He still had to think about it. It wasn't quite as automatic as his air pressure attacks, but he used it pretty well.

Spoiler:
    Notice how Bakugo caught his equipment case without even turning, in contrast to Todoroki. Almost as if the trust and understanding between him and Deku has reached a whole new level

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Spoiler:
    Notice how Bakugo caught his equipment case without even turning, in contrast to Todoroki. Almost as if the trust and understanding between him and Deku has reached a whole new level
    Spoiler:
    Right? He's a total gremlin but he's has steady progress in terms of personal growth. He may bitch and moan about teaming up with Deku and Shouto but he knows they're competent. He's fully tsuntsun now.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post

So boring.
    How is it a Deus Ex Machina when he's doing exactly what Endeavor told him to do 4 chapters ago.

Vigilantes 66 is out.
    Spoiler:
    Oh man the Crawler is gonna retire? I really wanted him to pop up in the series somehow.

So I was right. Last chapter had me doubting myself. I like the way they ended accomplishing that goal.

I forgot there was a new Vigilantes chapter!

Okay. There's a lot to breakdown. Re-reading chapter 58, it's stated the Sky Egg incident took place during The Crawler's 1st year as a vigilante. Plus, we had that ominous narration something bad was gonna happen later on. Well, TWO YEARS later it's about to start. We skipped two freaking years after the Aizawa flashback. No wonder Koichi was so confident against those thugs.

So, this is it. We're heading into the end game. I'm really not ready for it to end.

Also, where the hell is Knuckleduster? Did he survive? And, has the Villain Factory finally gotten to making Nomu? I'm NOT ready!

Endy atonement at full speed.
    https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/252/6382/1

Spoiler:
    Maybe people will stop whining a bit about Endeavor and Natsuo. Natsuo didn't forgive him yet. Endeavour didn't expect forgiveness either. He's trying though. It bugs me people are so against Endeavor trying to atone. Wouldn't it be worse if he did nothing at all?

Damn Horikoshi holding off on Touya info and Bakugo hero name lol. I kinda hop Jeanist is alive to hear it...

Spoiler:

So he did have the drug.

If him and the kids reconcile? Fine. But I will deeply hate if there is any reconciliation with the mom.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Spoiler:
    I loved this chapter. I was feeling mixed on the last chapter because while I liked the choreography and different roles each of the students performed, I feel like the kids could have advanced their powers in a more interesting and thought-provoking way like Deku's previous power-ups requiring him to change his mindset instead instead of only training off-panel. And I felt like Ending could have been focused on more to get more insight into how Endeavor treated the villains he captured and how he's technically the only Pro-Hero we've seen technically kill someone with High-End (which I hope isn't forgotten when it's inevitably revealed they used to be humans and probably even mostly kids).

But this chapter pulled me back in. It dodged the pitfall I was scared of being that Natsuo would start forgiving Endeavor by being saved. Instead we got Endeavor being okay with not being forgiven but still wanting to atone, which is the only sensible way to write a domestic abuser redemption arc. Endeavor's dream being an admirable one instead of a nightmare was clever.

But more than that, I didn't expect Horikoshi to be thoughtful enough to have Endeavor praise Natsuo as still being a kind person in spite of not forgiving Endeavor, and focusing on how Natsuo feels pressured about not being able to forgive like his siblings. That helps show how you can not forgive while still being a selfless person, and helps fight against the stigma that you can only be a healthy person if you forgive everyone. It dodges something a bunch of other series do where they try to advocate forgiveness in a pretentious way that demonizes whoever doesn't forgive abuse as awful people. I think the only other series I've seen do that is Avatar: The Last Airbender with Katara and her mother's killer.

This chapter even helped me realize that Ending was a foil to help show the difference between past Endeavor and current Endeavor. His life was ruined and he got so caught up in despair and self-pity that he needed to ruin Endeavor's life while getting killed by Endeavor in turn to feel validated. But because Endeavor has been changing and the kids stop him as an indirect result of Endeavor helping others, Ending is robbed of getting that type of pathetic satisfaction anymore.

In a way, Ending is a representation of the people who only want Endeavor to relapse and end up miserable by stubbornly believing he shouldn't change. Along with embodying the kinds of trauma survivors who have so little self-worth left that they use their trauma as an excuse to become awful people by lashing out against the world to feel powerful (basically like a school shooter). Which in turn can be interpreted as a foil to Natsuo, emphasizing how he still chooses to be a compassionate person in spite of not forgiving Endeavor.

Good God, this My Hero Academia chapter was the best one I've read in a long while. It helped remind me of what drew to this series in the first place in spite of the bumps the past couple years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Spoiler:
    Maybe people will stop whining a bit about Endeavor and Natsuo. Natsuo didn't forgive him yet. Endeavour didn't expect forgiveness either. He's trying though. It bugs me people are so against Endeavor trying to atone. Wouldn't it be worse if he did nothing at all?

Damn Horikoshi holding off on Touya info and Bakugo hero name lol. I kinda hop Jeanist is alive to hear it...
    Spoiler:
    I don't know how Horikoshi can top the masterpiece that was Ground Zero, but here's hoping he puts more thought into Bakugo's hero name than most of the female students lol.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Spoiler:

So he did have the drug.

If him and the kids reconcile? Fine. But I will deeply hate if there is any reconciliation with the mom.
    Spoiler:
    I would be strongly surprised if they don't go the whole "I forgive you, but for my own sake as a way to heal from my trauma and not give you power over me through hatred" kind of route. They keep hinting at something like that with moments like the dinner argument where they allude to Mama Todoroki forgiving Endeavor. Which is alright.

But I'll give Horikoshi bonus points if he also adds something tense to their inevitable interaction, like Mama Todoroki saying that she's grateful for the new house but will never like or put up with Endeavor again for the sake of her and the kids, and literally tells him to leave the premises. Which would show that she has become more independent and confident, and can do the one thing she wish she could have done in he first place to protect her family.

I think Horikoshi's only weak point with the Endeavor redemption arc is with the women, because we haven't gotten any showings of them actively resenting Endeavor or processing their trauma in present time. Only quiet ambiguous moments, flashback vignettes, and throwaway quote blurbs. So instead of looking compassionate and powerful they look like all-forgiving robotic saints, which is boring and honestly makes me dislike Fuyumi a little for looking selfish/inconsiderate even though I get what Horikoshi is trying to do by having her prioritize a healthy family over one split by resentment. And considering that they're both women, I argue it even feels a little sexist since compassion/forgiveness is often viewed as a default feminine trait.

I'm satisfied as long as Horikoshi sticks to that dream of not letting Endeavor live in that house he's promising to build, Natsuo putting up with not never getting along with Endeavor, and Endeavor's marriage still staying split. Last thing we need is another Coco-esque toxic marriage reconciliation...

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information