+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 223 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4453

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Spoiler:
    Hot take: this is what a perfect transition chapter looks like. Reminders of previous subplots, vaguely ominous discussions, heartwarming togetherness moments, and packed to the gills with hilarious tidbits

Did anyone notice that each Santa hat ends in something that reflects the wearer? Deku's and Bakugo's both reflect their hair, but Ochako has a ringed planet, Momo has a book, Sato has a candy and so on!

Also, that gift exchange is absolutely hilarious! Mineta gets Aoyama's picture of himself, Eri gets Tokoyami's buster sword, Iida gets Momo's platter of gold bars, and I think Kaminati got his own basketball? Lots of fun to be had.

Anyways, here's a theory: Bakugo turns down Endeavor to work with Hawks instead. He still wants to forge his own path and Hawks is plenty famous enough to appeal to Bakugo, but it's Hawks' involvement with the heroes and the incident with Best Jeanist that makes this scenario juicy. What happens when Bakugo finds out his current mentor "killed" his last one? Feels like a great chance for Bakugo to declare a proper hero name for Jeanist.
    Spoiler:
    There were definitely some cute tidbits. Also seeing gifts and trying to figure who got who's. I can't figure who would gift a basketball. But it was so ordinary I think it may have been from Ojiro lol. Bakugo wound up with a pair of glasses. I can't decide if that was from Iida or someone hoping he would receive it.

I kinda hope Bakugo goes with Mirko, similar is agility and personality. I could also see Horikoshi putting Deku with her. As he's at least able to deal with her personality type. She's top 5 but I don't know if Horikoshi would add one of the more popular students to Hawks when Tokoyami is already there. And possibly taking away some stand alone time from him.

You're right though. This was a good transitioning chapter. It didn't feel too bloated but it also gave inklings to future development. Like what ever the principal was going to talk with Aizawa about. A different program of some sort.

----------

Lol. I don't know how someone would make it through a series if they disliked the main characters and or important side characters.

Spoiler:
    Yeah I doubt Hawks is going to be taking any interns this time. Specially since this is coming from the Public Safety Commission. That'd be an extremely absurd move on their part.

I wouldn't take Deku and Bakugo with Endeavor for granted just yet either, though.

Spoiler:
    Anybody else notice that Ochako got Deku's present? How cute! (can't tell if Deku got her's, he got some kind of mochi snack) The bars of gold could only come from Momo, but who would give the basketball?

This was a very nice fluff chapter after all those weeks of dark.
    Last edited by Satsuki; September 6th, 2019 at 12:10 PM.

You know what? Forget the history of One-For-All, or the various backstories of any of these characters--I have questions!

Spoiler:
    I want to know who gave out what gift for this Christmas party. Sure, I can guess forever, but I fear I'll never really know! Who'd give out a basketball? Was that dumbbell from Kirashima or Seto? Did someone give out two buster swords, or did Tokoyami give it away to her later? There's so much to unpack here! I am...not completely joking I want to know these things.

I hope they take up Todoroki on his offer. I can easily see Bakugou saying no, but these two might relate to each other more than they know. Then again, for that reason I could also see it not happening--it's too perfect. So in that sense it's a good cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Spoiler:
    Did someone give out two buster swords, or did Tokoyami give it away to her later?
    Spoiler:
    Tokoyami can be seen carrying the sword towards the circle, ready to be randomly grabbed by the person who chose the right stretch of tape.
    Eri picked the tape connected to the sword, so it's hers. Tokoyami likely brought that in from his established collection of edgy items.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    You know what? Forget the history of One-For-All, or the various backstories of any of these characters--I have questions!

Spoiler:
    I want to know who gave out what gift for this Christmas party. Sure, I can guess forever, but I fear I'll never really know! Who'd give out a basketball? Was that dumbbell from Kirashima or Seto? Did someone give out two buster swords, or did Tokoyami give it away to her later? There's so much to unpack here! I am...not completely joking I want to know these things.

I hope they take up Todoroki on his offer. I can easily see Bakugou saying no, but these two might relate to each other more than they know. Then again, for that reason I could also see it not happening--it's too perfect. So in that sense it's a good cliffhanger.
    They might tell us in a side piece in the next volume.

I just noticed someone tied the tape to Bakugou leg so he would pick his present as he walked away.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; September 6th, 2019 at 06:50 PM.

About Denki's basketball, it's actually his. He ended up with his own present.

LOL. No wonder he's so sad.

The glasses might have been intended for Hagakure. She likes cute things and fashion accessories but, more importantly, they would help the other students know where her face is when they were talking to her.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I absolutely love how these last few chapters have pointed out how bad Bakugo is at being a super hero outside of fighting

also I wonder if Endevor will notice the similarity between Deku's power and all might? I mean the others haven't seemed to pick up on it but Endevor has watched All might for a long time and if they become his interns he'll have to work super closely with them, it would make sense for him to notice right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    The glasses might have been intended for Hagakure. She likes cute things and fashion accessories but, more importantly, they would help the other students know where her face is when they were talking to her.
    I think the glasses were most likely from Iida. Because he has so many at hand to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I absolutely love how these last few chapters have pointed out how bad Bakugo is at being a super hero outside of fighting

also I wonder if Endevor will notice the similarity between Deku's power and all might? I mean the others haven't seemed to pick up on it but Endevor has watched All might for a long time and if they become his interns he'll have to work super closely with them, it would make sense for him to notice right?
    I want Endeavor to ask if he's All Might's illegitimate son like Todoroki.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    also I wonder if Endevor will notice the similarity between Deku's power and all might?
    Hidden:

He's noticed in a certain way, but it remains to be seen how much similarity he's actually conscious of.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

This is the first chapter in a long, long time that made me smile.

The shonen jump app had a couple pages put of order lol.

I hope Horikoshi adds in a page for the next volume where he tells us what everyone gave and what everyone received.

If the Public Safety Commission knows Deika City's report was fake and the Meta Liberation Army from Hawks, they should be trying to find every hero secretly working for the PLF. Probably one more reason they aren't tipping their hand by giving away many details.

NNID: jervinnectar

The new color spread.

Spoiler:
    It looks like an album cover. I really want to know what inspired it. It's packed with so much stuff lol.

Interesting chapter. I almost feel bad for Endeavor dealing with his snarky son and now dealing with Bakugo just being a mini version of himself as well as Deku being a mini All Might. He's in for at least a 3 pronged karma attack.

I'm glad All Might was at least the one to finally mention the similarities between him and Endeavor. Unfortunately he's probably not thinking that as an insult since he doesn't know how bad Shouto had it.

Oh and something finally got confirmed that had been bugging me since the beginning.

Spoiler:
    Bakugo's gauntlets are collapsible. I had initially just figured Horikoshi would gloss over how they fit in his case forever. I gotta remember he does minor details pretty well without being overly obvious.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Baroness; September 12th, 2019 at 11:32 AM.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Spoiler:
    I can't believe I'm saying this but new Endeavor owns.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information