+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 223 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 4453

Thread: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Default Re: My Hero Academia II - Bhyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Spoiler:
    oh you mean people didn't think this was gonna happen? I thought from the start that OfA passed on the quirks of the previous users too but they were all plain enough that they just made you Superman.

if they're actually different then that's neat. I wanna know what Nana could do. Especially if it winds up being an aspect of Shigaraki's Breakdown
    Spoiler:
    That would be kinda awesome. Deku landing Grand mama's breakdown punch on his face.

Spoiler:

Thinking about it, Multi-quirk Deku had to happen. All Might barely beat AFO in their off-screen fight and again skated by in the Kamino fight. If Shiggy gonna get a bunch of OP quirks (or fight High End Nomus) Deku's screwed without an edge. We don't even know how much stronger a 100% Deku will be compared to All Might prime. If All Might=8 people and Deku=9, how much more power is that? 12 or 13%? I should go back to sleep.

Yeah, and I also want to know what Nana's quirk is. Since Hori skipped her, I doubt it's something violent. Maybe a defensive quirk. Either way, can't wait to see her and Deku interact.

NNID: jervinnectar

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Spoiler:

Thinking about it, Multi-quirk Deku had to happen. All Might barely beat AFO in their off-screen fight and again skated by in the Kamino fight. If Shiggy gonna get a bunch of OP quirks (or fight High End Nomus) Deku's screwed without an edge. We don't even know how much stronger a 100% Deku will be compared to All Might prime. If All Might=8 people and Deku=9, how much more power is that? 12 or 13%? I should go back to sleep.

Yeah, and I also want to know what Nana's quirk is. Since Hori skipped her, I doubt it's something violent. Maybe a defensive quirk. Either way, can't wait to see her and Deku interact.
    Spoiler:
    Given how buff she was, I wonder if super strength was Nana's quirk and All Might, assuming he ever could access the other quirks in the first place, fell into the same trap Deku did and assumed that because Nana used One For All a certain way, he had to do it the same.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Spoiler:
    I don't think this has came as much of a surprise, it's been set up that something like this would happen. Doesn't mean it's necessarily a good development though. I really liked the fact that a main conflict of the series was gonna be All for One vs One for All​,​ it's thematically satisfying to me personally. Now, I don't really know what to feel about it all.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oga Simpson View Post
    Spoiler:
    I don't think this has came as much of a surprise, it's been set up that something like this would happen. Doesn't mean it's necessarily a good development though. I really liked the fact that a main conflict of the series was gonna be All for One vs One for All​,​ it's thematically satisfying to me personally. Now, I don't really know what to feel about it all.
    Spoiler:
    The theme should still be intact. Thinking about it, this reveal doesn't really change OFA all that much. This quirk is about building up its power and passing it onto another; it simply includes quirks as well as raw strength into its inheritance.

Spoiler:
    I just wish this started happening more towards his 3rd year. Or late second. Mostly because he only recently became able to fight without hurting himself. Now he's got more unknowns to deal with. But it kinda feels like Horikoshi isn't going for a 20 year story. So building up isn't going to be slow.

But I guess having him have the handicap of trying to be more careful would keep him from sorta completely outclassing everyone completely.

Also I wonder if he'll start hanging around Monoma more since he's someone readily available that can talk to about operating more than one quirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And All Might still beat the all powerful Sylar twice. So it didn't have to happen. Now it will be easier but it was not a necessity.

I think it is more interesting to see Deku use a simple ability and his wits to overcome bad odds rather than be as broken as his adversary.

Seeing All Might face Sylar in Kamino wouldn't be as tense and engaging if he wasn't so limited I think.

Spoiler:
    Well this is definitely a fresh take on a main hero.

My interest in MHA suddenly dropped. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Spoiler:
    Quirk Bullets being a thing could be a way for Deku to be the underdog in a final fight
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I really want Monoma to "copycat" Deku and freak out when he realizes how crazy this quirk is. He can copy one quirk at a time, but what would he do if he got so many at once? Can he do any better than Deku?

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Spoiler:
    Quirk Bullets being a thing could be a way for Deku to be the underdog in a final fight
    Spoiler:
    I wonder what would happen if you shoot Sylar with it? Would he lose only his original quirk, all of it? Would his DNA has mutated too much to be affected?

I would ask why they don't just use it on him but since it an actual society rather than vigilantism and how intrensic quirk are to humans there's good reason not to.

Spoiler:
    Maybe I am being too pessimistic but in recent years there's been a few series that took a real turn for the worse and just never recovered. Toriko and Beelzebub spring to mind. I don't think that's gonna happen with MHA but I can't help but have that same sinking feeling
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

Spoiler:
    On to something less pessimistic. I just remembered that regardless of whichever class Shinso joins he probably has to go with Bakugo and Todoroki for the next hero provisional test. But I wonder if the officials would allow for him to go along for the supplemental classes to further ramp him up. That would probably be a fun little arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Spoiler:
    On to something less pessimistic. I just remembered that regardless of whichever class Shinso joins he probably has to go with Bakugo and Todoroki for the next hero provisional test. But I wonder if the officials would allow for him to go along for the supplemental classes to further ramp him up. That would probably be a fun little arc.
    Spoiler:
    He didn't participate the first exam. You had to have pass the first half to be eligible if I remember.

But considering how fast the author go sometimes... who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Spoiler:
    He didn't participate the first exam. You had to have pass the first half to be eligible if I remember.

But considering how fast the author go sometimes... who knows?
    Wait. My original comment didn't need to be spoilered lol. It's not even about the current chapter lol.

What I mean is would they give special permission? It seemed like the extra training for the provisional license was unusual in the first place. But since the villains are ramping up the heroes want more active duty folks to even it out. Also I thought they said the test is held a couple times a year. Todoroki and Bakugo missed their shot so they are preparing for the next round. So he could still at least take that test. I was more wondering if he'd be permitted to do the extra training with them.

Spoiler:
    Yes because that time naruto went all Jesus with his infinite chakra nine tails was generously accepted by everyone despite it being set up since chapter 1.
    Then again what do I know.
    Of course Deku will overcome this situation with hard work and treat each and every power he inherited with respect and dignity.
    It's not like everyone else took an entire lifetime to do one but it'll be fine because it was a power to be passed on, inherited will! and hinted at the start, no plot holes!
    No way is he some kind of chosen one, pfft and of course his body will be a wreck.
    A wreck as in Don't you remember all the tense chapters where he overstrain himself for cliffhangers but ended up with no serious consequences?
    Guess not! Of course that won't keep happening again, silly, which reasonable author would keep pulling the same thing? Haha!
    Oh but that poor soul, those scars on his arms and the emotional pain on people close to him is that damaging and traumatic effects to his character that I almost forgot his dream is to become the greatest hero. Huh.

And of course he will need the same effort as everyone else to master those powers, he's no chosen one so obviously he's gonna spend six lifetimes to do it but hey that's impossible so maybe tap on that stored power plotline?
    No way will that feel cheap! Deku is such an underdog and remember its inherited, that bald dude basically told him he can do it without using six lifetimes! Just what every ordinary citizen in BhA can achieve if they put in effort, great lesson.

Surely those six powers will be treated with the same amount of creativity and growth as Deku's original power!
    Hey remember that time he turned his punches into kicks after punching in percentages for several arcs? What a smart use of super strength amiright.

It's all fine because it was set up and had plot lines to support it. I'm effing hilarious to address the problem.
    But hey, since there's positivity why am I wet blanket. Wait and hope as they say.

Spoiler:
    I don't believe Hori had this planned out since the beginning. If he did, then why would he reveal it now? Why not during, say, the fight with Muscular, a fight where Deku won because he pushed his emotions to their limits, which his how his new quirks are (seemingly) going to activate? Or how about after the All-Might vs. AfO arc, which was clearly written as a turning point in the story, and where the legacy of OfA was more thematically relevant?

Instead, Deku suddenly has a weird dream one night after an unrelated arc about Endeavor, and we get more context for it during a school activity. Feels a lot more random and sudden.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Yes because that time naruto went all Jesus with his infinite chakra nine tails was generously accepted by everyone despite it being set up since chapter 1.
    Then again what do I know.
    Of course Deku will overcome this situation with hard work and treat each and every power he inherited with respect and dignity.
    It's not like everyone else took an entire lifetime to do one but it'll be fine because it was a power to be passed on, inherited will! and hinted at the start, no plot holes!
    No way is he some kind of chosen one, pfft and of course his body will be a wreck.
    A wreck as in Don't you remember all the tense chapters where he overstrain himself for cliffhangers but ended up with no serious consequences?
    Guess not! Of course that won't keep happening again, silly, which reasonable author would keep pulling the same thing? Haha!
    Oh but that poor soul, those scars on his arms and the emotional pain on people close to him is that damaging and traumatic effects to his character that I almost forgot his dream is to become the greatest hero. Huh.

And of course he will need the same effort as everyone else to master those powers, he's no chosen one so obviously he's gonna spend six lifetimes to do it but hey that's impossible so maybe tap on that stored power plotline?
    No way will that feel cheap! Deku is such an underdog and remember its inherited, that bald dude basically told him he can do it without using six lifetimes! Just what every ordinary citizen in BhA can achieve if they put in effort, great lesson.

Surely those six powers will be treated with the same amount of creativity and growth as Deku's original power!
    Hey remember that time he turned his punches into kicks after punching in percentages for several arcs? What a smart use of super strength amiright.

It's all fine because it was set up and had plot lines to support it. I'm effing hilarious to address the problem.
    But hey, since there's positivity why am I wet blanket. Wait and hope as they say.
    Spoiler:
    I really don't get the problem though. OFA being a heavily nerfed AFO makes the rules more consistent if anything.

AFO can take in and give out powers, so it's only fair OFA does the same to an extent. They're sister Quirks.

Spoiler:

This also ties into the origin story of the quirk.
    The original holder was given the ability to stockpile power.
    This merged with his latent ability to pass on quirks.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that every user's natural quirk also merged in the same way.
    Think of the quirk's progression like a cartoon snowball rolling down a hill, picking up people as it goes.
    Those heads sticking up out of the rolling snowball are the natural quirks being picked up along the way as OFA passes on.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I don't like this development at all.

Even if we see some arcs with Deku struggling to master all quirks, it can only lead to a point where the MC of this manga will massively overpower every other heroes (the gap between All Might and Endeavor will be nothing next to that) which feels unnecessary because the original quirk was already enough to make him the future strongest but also because the villain's development will have to be ridiculous for that kind of power to be necessary.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information