+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1080

Thread: The New Nintendo Threadô

Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Given it had little to no redeeming qualities?
    Really? I haven't played the game since I was a kid, and I had very bad taste as a kid, so your probably right, but I used to love that game

especially the rap, I loved that

People used to kinda dunk on the game around here particularly for being a collectathon and at the time I didn't really think too much of it.

Then I went and bought a 2nd hand copy and really came out not liking it not so much because of said collectathon elements. A lot of the game just felt awkward to say nothing of tedious i.e. the Bonus games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Time for a bonus game!

Squeak! Squeak! Squeak!

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Time for a bonus game!

Squeak! Squeak! Squeak!
    You haven't experienced true hell until you try to play through the original Donkey Kong on a N64 Controller.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

I liked Donkey Kong 64. :(

DK64 was great as a kid. I got 100% completion (or 102 or whatever) multiple times. Loved the minigames.

DK64 didn't done anything too much different from Banjo-Kazooie and Mario 64, so I don't get the hate.

That's part of what I believe the hate stems from it was like Banjo-Kazooie only not really as fun or immersive.

Can't play certain games because the camera gives me nausea. Notably rare 3d games and katamari damaci.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

DK64 aged worse than the BK games, mostly because of the sheer amount of filler in it. The game is cluttered with character-locked collectibles, tons of barely-used mechanics, backtracking for upgrades/depositing blueprints/finding banana fairies and too many reused minigames. The BK games had some of the same issues, too, but not nearly to the same extent (I have no trouble replaying them about once a year).

I really enjoyed DK64 as a kid, because the worlds are cool, the music is great, platforming with five very different characters is a lot of fun, and I even enjoyed some of the minigames (not you, beaver bother), but it's a slog to go through now.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

I got 101% on DK64 when it came out on Wii U and loved it.

I loved DK64 back when it came out, I couldnt get past the second world on wii u...

Damnit, just heard Cyrus theme from octopath a year later, and damn scholar and imbecile, I love him. Like it’s one of those characters that is just meh but his actual core motivation is so awe inspiring that I can’t but admire someone who lives by those ideals.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Finally starting my playthrough of the Link's Awakening remake.

Am I losing it or is it just totally not obvious at all that you're supposed to light torches with magic dust?

I guess it's not necessarily automatically intuitive, but the witch does tell you to try it in her hut, which has torches.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I guess it's not necessarily automatically intuitive, but the witch does tell you to try it in her hut, which has torches.
    I figured. That's what I get for skimming through the text (total Arin Hanson moment for me right there).

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Is it sad I wanted Goddamn Superhero to be a real game?
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Since the first No More Heroes there have been plenty of fake outs during the trailers and they always manage to one up themselves, with this one going above and beyond with all the licenses and even an incredibly convincing designed logo (that will probably be a minigame of sorts with the Death Drive).

Travis Strikes Again got looked down by many so called fans of the series due to the perspective (the horror!) but it proved to be a well directed spin off that set up the story for 3. Suda is also the writer and 1 of 3 directors unlike NMH2 where he was just a producer of sorts, and the groundwork seems incredibly sincere and well laid out (Henry's plot from TSA in particular looks promising as well as Shinobu and possibly even Bad Girl roles).

As a side note, hopefully NMH3 will retain the character development Travis got from TSA that many are unaware of, where despite his nastiness he is also an incredible nostalgic person and deeply passionate about videogames with some deep thoughts about them.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    With all the new remasters and remakes being made am I the only one hoping Nintendo redoes Donkey Kong country 64?

And they better not take out the song if they do it, I used to be able to recite that perfectly
    The Wii U Virtual Console release doesn't count?

I mean, if they just went ahead and did Donkey Kong Country Returns 3rd Dimension or something clever with its title to denote that it's going to be a return to the non-2D platforming formula, that could be fun. Plus since the first game covered lots of standard areas they could use different dimensions so they weren't limited to just what's on DK Island. If they're not going to give a hefty amount of Super Mario Odyssey DLC they could at least give us something like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information