+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1052

Thread: The New Nintendo Threadô

Default Re: The New Nintendo Threadô

They wont. Kiss good Mario RPG's goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Does that mean we're more likely to get another Paper Mario than we are to get another Mario and Luigi? Because if so I'm fine with that, as long as they return the series to its roots.
    Given the fact that the official stated reason for Paper Mario having been changed is to allow Mario & Luigi to be the one and only Mario RPG series, one might think. However, I strongly suspect that the official stated reason isn't the actual reason. I recall the YouTuber Arlo did some research into the change of Paper Mario some time ago and there were other things he discovered that might be reasons (IIRC a director change was one of them, but it's been a while since I watched that video).

Either way I don't know what this means. Sadly I think it's more likely that Mario & Luigi gets handed off to someone else or Nintendo themselves, or disappears entirely then it is us getting Paper Mario back.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Given the fact that the official stated reason for Paper Mario having been changed is to allow Mario & Luigi to be the one and only Mario RPG series, one might think. However, I strongly suspect that the official stated reason isn't the actual reason. I recall the YouTuber Arlo did some research into the change of Paper Mario some time ago and there were other things he discovered that might be reasons (IIRC a director change was one of them, but it's been a while since I watched that video).

Either way I don't know what this means. Sadly I think it's more likely that Mario & Luigi gets handed off to someone else or Nintendo themselves, or disappears entirely then it is us getting Paper Mario back.
    Oh yeah, Arlo was talking about one dickhead who got put in charge who 'hates stories' for some sick, sociopathic reason and that's why neither of the two most recent games have zero of that and no character personalities.

I unsubscribed to Arlo the other day. The guy doesn't even know how to formulate an opinion anymore. I can't believe Nintendo gives him review copies of games when he apparently doesn't know what a review is. He doesn't even bother putting the puppet in his videos for more than 5 seconds anymore, let alone do 5 minutes' worth of research on the stuff he attempts to discuss.

Man I'd do anything for a Paper Mario game like the first two, or at the very least to have the partners appear in other games, like Kart or Party, really anything would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Oh yeah, Arlo was talking about one dickhead who got put in charge who 'hates stories' for some sick, sociopathic reason and that's why neither of the two most recent games have zero of that and no character personalities.
    I believe the dickhead you two are talking about is actually Miyamoto.

I mean I think Miyamoto dropped the ball hard with his ideas on Star Fox Zero but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a dickhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

If he ruined one of my favorite Nintendo series, I'd call him worse but I don't think that would be fruitful.

There is just so much wrong with little town hero whatever story. Specially after the highly polished Dragon Quest XI.

For starters, the game keeps randomly freezing up for a few seconds.
    Then there is the fact that the battle system seems to be made to have just one correct combination each turn to break all the enemy's cards, and actually do damage, or else their cards carry over and it becomes a snowball of death.
    I've been chasing this fucking sheep for 4 hours. I am at a loss for what to do.
    The plot is meh
    The setting is kind of nice, but with this premise it will lose its magic very soon.
    The field camera is awful
    I think that I'm 2 or 3 battles more with the sheep to fill the skill tree, and I don't feel any more powerful, it just takes longer for it to kill me.
    The menus are navigable just in an weird way, so if you manage to select the left one, and press right, it doesn't go to the one next to it, but the one all the way to the right.
    The main menu has an awful lag, or no feedback from picking any of the options.
    The music transition from end battle to victory fanfare is bad, it stops too suddenly.
    The music is fine, but with an ETERNAL BATTLE WITH HELL SHEEP it lost its charm quickly.

Can I ask for a refund?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Well, managed to beat the sheep by understanding that Guts damage and Body damage aren't the same, guts damage only lowers the guts number, but body damage, damages the guts and if there is no guts, takes a heart. The board was filled with 1-damage chickens.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Well, managed to beat the sheep by understanding that Guts damage and Body damage aren't the same, guts damage only lowers the guts number, but body damage, damages the guts and if there is no guts, takes a heart. The board was filled with 1-damage chickens.
    Would you still not recommend it, then? I had been curious but not sure whether it would really be worth the price, even if it was on sale.

Definitelly not at full price.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The battle system is less stupid once I understand some things, but the visual jumping, bad menus, and by the numbers plot still are there.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The battle system and progression system has it's merits. You unlock points and use them in a skill tree to improve your cards, even if you can't trully ater your deck (only some ideas in the heat of battle). And some quest either recruit or improve villagers.

Battlewise, once you learn how to ignore all of the enemy's cards (izzits and datzits, where an izzit is an unpayed card, only showing up on your "hand" or mind, and datzits being payed cards ready to be played, all enemy cards are datzits) you start squeezing out some victories that should been defeats.

Puzzle battles teach you lessons (like maybe you shouldn't break all enemy's cards if their on-break effect is too strong, or learning new keywords), but then they should have made a different animation for defeating a poor sheep or sparing partner (do not confuse with the hell sheep), as the regular finishing move is too much of an overkill to be "hold down" "disarm" or "shear"

Still too expensive and unpolished for 25$, but it's charming and fun enough. If it was an indy game it would be amazing, out of gamefreak it has too many warts that worry me for pokemon sword and shield.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The quality of Gamefreak's games has really cratered in recent years. I played Giga Wrecker a few months ago and it was the most generic, unpleasant looking metroidvania released in a long time.

Who else remembers Tembo the Badass Elephant?

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Who else remembers Tembo the Badass Elephant?
    Got it on PS4 for $3 during a sale. Solid platformer with a great sense of humor.

Anyone know if Luigi's mansion 3 is any fun or worth playing?

I've been playing it for 5 hours and I'm loving it so far. Have you played the previous games?
    Currently playing Pokťmon Shield&Sword, Switch Friend Code: SW-6524-3266-0517

It combines the wild and varied environments of 2 (the 5 of them) with the proper and fun gameplay of the first one.

Been playing a ton of it. Should have waited for this one instead of trying to curb my over-rpg-end-of-year binge with a not-quite-rpg of dubious merit.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    It combines the wild and varied environments of 2 (the 5 of them) with the proper and fun gameplay of the first one.

Been playing a ton of it. Should have waited for this one instead of trying to curb my over-rpg-end-of-year binge with a not-quite-rpg of dubious merit.
    So it's not full of brief episodic missions that continually pull you out of the mansion whenever you complete an objective, and you just get to continuously explore like in the first one?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information