+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are you thankful for?

Lump of Dirt

Default What are you thankful for?

I feel like this be a nice positive thread where you post what you are thankful for in life.

Anyways, for me I am thankful for the fact that I live in a city where I have good resources to help me with my mental illness. Therapist, Group therapy, CRR, etc.

Another thing I am thankful for living is in an era where we have advanced medicine that can help us out better. Like for me, it is anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medicines. Plus, with my removal of my wisdom teeth today, I'm thankful that anti-pain medicines exist as well! ^^

Lump of Dirt

Default Re: What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for the fact that I don't live with my mom anymore. It was a terrible place to live, basically a living hell to me.

(Hopefully, more people will post in this thread besides me ^^)

I am thankful that I don't work in retail anymore and likely won't have to ever again.

I'm am thankful that I am managing to move on with my life and overcome the grief that I was fighting since last year, now I can see a bright future ahead, I just need to keep fighting.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I am thankful for my family and loved ones.
    Everything's Eventual...

I'm thankful that my depression seems to have finally ended.

I'm thankful for the existence of cats. They're wonderful animals.

I'm thankful for having a roof above my head, warmth in the winter and a fridge full of food.

I'm also thankful for having experienced halloween in the US. People celebrate it to a much larger extent (I finally understand where all the halloween hype comes from) and I miss it.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

I am thankful for coffee, the only drug I consume on a daily basis in copious quantities.

I am also thankful for antihistamines, which have finally provided me with a cure for my dust allergy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I celebrated my aunt's birthday with her last week. She has had health issues this year, needed surgery during the summer. She's doing well for now though, got lots of attention from relatives and her facebook friends on her birthday. Made her all chipper. I'm thankful she could experience that.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. Jun Fukuda

I'm thankful for Arby's advertisement team. Has anyone else seen their One Piece themed ads on facebook? It literally inspired me to go to Arbys, and I never eat there. I wonder if they just make a ton of different themed advertisements, then use facebook's algorithms (no idea what I'm talking about) to see what people look up and stuff and show those people specific ads.

I am thankful that my family is alive and well
    Spoiler:

By fire be purged

I am thankful that my people are healthy and have the motivation to achieve all what they wish

I'm extremely grateful for my strange ass ability to fall asleep in strange situations and day times if I want to and that I'm able to get a night full of comfortable, natural (!) sleep every night. I have family members and even relatively young friends who have enormous problems with falling asleep and rely on extremely strong sleeping pills to function and this scares me because sleep should come as the easiest thing in the world. But something about our lifestyles seems to mess things up pretty badly in this regard and it worries me. I react very sensitively to lack of sleep (I immediately get symptoms of a cold after only one all nighter) so I'm grateful my body takes every invitation to sleep. I really consider a good night's rest the best remedy.

On the down side of this though I really have the physical urge to take a nap during work after lunch break but it's not common and everyone would start judging me. They have forgotten the bliss of a good nap when your belly is full. You sleep like a baby...
    Last edited by minus.; November 7th, 2017 at 01:55 AM.
    Things I think are cool!

I'm thankful for having good, clean and tasty drinking water right out of the tap.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

I'm thankful for the may mangakas, animators, and game developers that have provided me with many great mangas to read, animes to watch, and video games to play
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

I can finally post on this thread.

I'm thankful to finally have my own apartment in Paris. And that I don't live in a 15 square meters anymore !! (new apartment being 3 to 4 times bigger)
    I feel like I'm living in a castle. That's great. Really great

I'm thankful that I have been making friends in real life, and for having financial assistance for college, which gives me access to getting the degree I always wanted.

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

I'm thankful for being still alive during these tough days.
    Last edited by Scretch; August 7th, 2019 at 07:24 AM.

"Those questions better be worth it, or else your descendants will regret it"

Quote Originally Posted by Scretch View Post
    I'm thankful for being still alive during these though days.
    Same. I am thankful that I survived my most recent suicide attempt.

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Same. I am thankful that I survived my most recent suicide attempt.
    Woah, I hope you are doing well after that horrible experience.

"Those questions better be worth it, or else your descendants will regret it"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information