+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Chapter 860: The Party Begins At 10

Default Re: Chapter 860: The Party Begins At 10

lol honestly I wouldn't mind if all of this was a dream :) too bad with all this world building it can't be a dream. Unless we are talking singularity here

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    To be honest, I'm kind of surprised morticians are able to find any work in this series outside of flashbacks with dead mentors taking place over a decade ago.
    You are forgetting the great power of off-screen my friend. Which is a shame considering Blackbeard is one of his most fervent believer(the faith). It's not simply a coiencidence that he is in the new world. It is because 2 years ago business started to go back in the grandline as if a mysterious had invade it and protected the dead. Thankfully despite alarming rate at which it was progressing it never crossed to the new world and has stayed stagnant for the past 2 years. Sadly there's rumors that the curse have once started moving some weeks ago and is now disrupting business even in the New world. Some fanatics believe that Joker, king of the underworld, was protecting the new world and the reason of the recent spread is due to his fall.

Discovered Stowaway juiceduphody3315's Avatar

Going to be interesting how everything turns out considering all the factors at play for the tea party. Dogtooth has a pretty cool design. Kinda disappointed though with plot convience of him and how its been given too us. We get the plan that has too happen within 5 seconds, just to be introduced the next chapter a character that can see into the future. Not only that but a whole yonkou crew, the underworld and other guests too deal with. I wonder if one of the germa brothers will fight Dogtooth or someone from the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceduphody3315 View Post
    Going to be interesting how everything turns out considering all the factors at play for the tea party. Dogtooth has a pretty cool design. Kinda disappointed though with plot convience of him and how its been given too us. We get the plan that has too happen within 5 seconds, just to be introduced the next chapter a character that can see into the future. Not only that but a whole yonkou crew, the underworld and other guests too deal with. I wonder if one of the germa brothers will fight Dogtooth or someone from the alliance.
    As has been pointed out before, katakuri was first mentioned like 17 chapters ago. Jinbe told us Big Mom's cream of the crop soldiers would be there. First Cracker was introduced, then Smoothie with a higher bounty, so it was reasonable to expect the last one to be the strongest of all. What 99% of OP fans mistake as "plot convenience" and a lot of that shit is simply the symptom of reading this series on a weekly to weekly basis. I understand it's a bit of a shock to see a character that can see seconds into the future when we were just told we only have a five second gap, but maybe reserve judgment until after the tea party. I mean, capone already KNEW who katakuri was AND his power, you don't think he factored that into his "perfect plan"? I mean, you're telling Luffy you only have a 5 second gap and you know there's a sweet commander who has this ability, you'd definitely take it into consideration. Or at least, I trust Oda enough to handle all this superbly.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainYama View Post
    As has been pointed out before, katakuri was first mentioned like 17 chapters ago. Jinbe told us Big Mom's cream of the crop soldiers would be there. First Cracker was introduced, then Smoothie with a higher bounty, so it was reasonable to expect the last one to be the strongest of all. What 99% of OP fans mistake as "plot convenience" and a lot of that shit is simply the symptom of reading this series on a weekly to weekly basis. I understand it's a bit of a shock to see a character that can see seconds into the future when we were just told we only have a five second gap, but maybe reserve judgment until after the tea party. I mean, capone already KNEW who katakuri was AND his power, you don't think he factored that into his "perfect plan"? I mean, you're telling Luffy you only have a 5 second gap and you know there's a sweet commander who has this ability, you'd definitely take it into consideration. Or at least, I trust Oda enough to handle all this superbly.
    If it was a factor, then he should've mentioned it during the plan session though. I'm sure that Oda has a way to circumvent Katrakuri's foresight, but despite how much the character was built up, the power itself is VERY oddly convenient. Even Pudding's was to a less notable degree.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Potato's ability seems highly appropriate for a commander of his position. However, it seems that there will be so many different scenarios coming about that he might see several and cannot pin point which threat to tackle.

I still feel Reiju might do something that will make Luffy's entrance be delayed, like objecting to the marriage.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Luffy and Sanji proved with Satori, a long time ago in Skypea, that it doesn't matter if you know what's going to happen if you can't avoid it.
    (for anyone who doesn't recall that particular scene, Satori was dodging every atack using mantra until Luffy was able to wrap himself around him and let Sanji kick his teeth in)

My guess to how the plan will go/be portrayed is a mix betwen that scene and the Quimera Palace invasion from Hunter X Hunter. Adding tons of sillyness and humour as usual.
    I'll bet now that Katakuri will make that classic One Piece surprised face, with the eyes stretching out of their sockets.

Katakuri reminds me a bit of Fist of the North Star

I still can't see how Katakuri is anyone else except Guts.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Guts is obvious haha he was the first that popped into my mind too, but he's been mentioned quite a few times. I have to get back into Berserk too, been a while since I've read it.

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

So... What the cliffhanger going to be come chapter 861, since obviously, Oda is going to take a break after it?

We going to see a familiar face at the wedding? Some epic world building stuff?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the ceremony start right at the end of the chapter. As in everybody waiting for the bride to walk down the aisle. Depends on the pacing.

Spoiler:

Why doee it say of the three sweet commanders? I thought there were four.
    Cracker, the one urogue defeated, him and smoothie.

Quote Originally Posted by cchevaughn2 View Post
    Why doee it say of the three sweet commanders? I thought there were four.
    Cracker, the one urogue defeated, him and smoothie.
    There used to be four. Now there's only three. But Snack, the one taken down by Urouge, is excluded in present time for some reason. Every Sweet General title card says "One of the Three Sweet Commanders" instead of four.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Okay, this week's translation differences! Lots of double-panels in this one made it quicker to go through than some of the previous weeks

I just want to say, that I am very glad, that you write the differences in green, so that it is easier to find the post

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information