+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1071

Thread: Dr. Stone

"Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Default Re: Dr. Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Huh? Did the season end? I thought it was an ongoing series.

Season ends with ep. 24. And I will miss it. The manga is there, but still..
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Ibara's cunning might make him the best villain of the series.

The latest chapter of the spin-off manga is the best so far, even though it's weird Rei doesn't know the average life expectancy of humans. But, yeah, it's for dramatic effect I guess.

NNID: jervinnectar

Didn’t Ibara just petrify everyone? How many of his kingdom were still in the boat/safe?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I think most of the natives are on the boat. He ordered them off the island chapters ago.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Random thought about petrification and the current situation:

Chrome, Kinro, Nikki and possibly other unseen characters held hands to form a chain, so I guess either they are expecting to be depetrified in a single go with the reverse chain reaction or they wanted to show Senku the chain reaction travelling through them to help him connect the dots. The second thing could only happen if the chain reaction moves faster than the beam. Also Chrome left his arm pointing up and there's the posibility of him holding an objec in that hand, so there's the posiblity of something something lighning -> reverting back. Senku got revived by depleting an unknown element in his stone body + nitric acid, but it took him 3700 years and that something should be refilled if he's turned back to stone. Burning himnelf with nitric acid in anticipation shouldn't work (he's supposed to be out of nital).

I don't know how knowing that the speed was constant helps, or how it fit the original beam. The original beam seemed to travel along the earth's surface at an extremely fast constant speed instead of growing radially at a constant speed. If it had been radial, then it would have covered the ISS and also from Japan's perspective it would have suddenly appeared from under the floor instead of getting a glimpse from the horizon before getting hit.

Senku originaly thought of nital because it was related to nitric acid and mentioned something about it acting over the carbon bonds before Taiju interrupting him. He never tried any other etching agent that could work on a similar principle.
    I hate quacks.

J Box isn't doing this anymore, so official release only now.

I really liked this chapter! Every single one of Senku's allies being petrified, and just following Ibara until he finds the portable lab, makes for a really powerful and high-stakes chapter atmosphere and little dialogue. Maybe one of my favorite chapters in the whole series.
    Last edited by Jabberwok; February 2nd, 2020 at 10:59 AM.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

I like how they gave him the clue. This was a good chapter indeed.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

It was the opposite for me. Other than giving an explanation for Soyuz's memory (that felt totally unneded), nothing happened. We'll have to wait longer to know how Senku protected himself from the beam. That mystery overshadows any interest that "how will Senku defeat Ibara?" could generate. Also the petrified guys all seem to be cheering instead of doing anything meaningful, unless X5520 (the numbers they make with their hands, the furthest one can't be seen properly) is a secret message in goroawase.
    I hate quacks.

So after finishing the anime and catching up with the manga, I must say this series is really great.

Welp, the spin-off is finished and despite not caring in the beginning, I ended up liking it. Will be interesting to see how Rei and the space station fits into the main series, if at all.

Ibara L, then lets get down to the mystery of who created this thing

This current arc has been rather fantastic, love how it wrapped up

Great ending to the fight. They may have to free Ibara to learn where he got the device.

That Ibara was a crafty motherfreaker.

I am curious where that device came from. I can only assume it's been passed down? I don't think.ypu could trigger it by accident since it's so specific in how it works.

Overly Cautios Old Man: 0

Smooth Shiny Monkey: 1

Soooo... time travel? Evil twin? Parallel universe?

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information