+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 85 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 85 Predictions/Discussion

I like to imagine she just sat there and ate some cake while popping out ten kids. Like pouring jelly beans out of a jar.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

It depends on how old her youngest child is - if it's, say, Anana, the older kids would be closer to their 50's and their designs wouldn't be too out there.
    She's been giving birth to children for 42 years, therefore no child can be older than 42.

This means her *eldest*, Perospero or Compote, cannot be older than 42.

Sandman, OH GEEZ! That's a REALLY important difference!!!!

*She's been giving birth to children about *every year* for 42 years.*

This makes it possible to figure out a pretty decent approximation for most of them! Pretty AWESOME hint by Oda there that SHOULD have been included somewhere in the main story long ago so we could have been having fun placing them up until now.

Teach wasn't so different from his current look when he was sixteen.
    This isn't problematic because Teach doesn't actually *look* that old nor is he really that old. It's within the realm of believablity. With some of the family designs though, they've got some *serious* aging lines, even if we just accept that, in particular, Brulee should look hideous.
    Last edited by Greg; April 28th, 2017 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Question: If Doflamingo took off his glasses, how would he look like?
    Oda: Another glasses appear under the glasses instantly. (Oda draws the pic. lol)
    Hmmmm so there IS a reason for why Oda hasn't shown Doflamingo's eyes.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So, wait, she started giving birth at 68 and has done so for 42 years?

She's 68 now, and gave birth every year for 42 years, or so i understand from Greg, and Sandman's post.

She had her first kid at 26 (give or take birthdays derp derp)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    math
    No, it means there's 42 years between the first child and the last child. You have to add the age of the youngest child to Compote/Perospero to get his/her age.

Quote Originally Posted by AlM View Post
    No, it means there's 42 years between the first child and the last child. You have to add the age of the youngest child to Compote/Perospero to get his/her age.
    *Japanese* Read the accurate translation of Sandman's translation. She's 68 and she's been giving birth to a child about ****every year**** for 42 years.

Her oldest child cannot be older than 42 years. So Greg is right about this being odd.

*Japanese* Read the accurate translation of Sandman's statement. She's 68 and she's been giving birth to a child ****every year**** for 42 years.
    Okay, that makes more sense. But damn lady it's not a clown car! (Justajokepleasedonthurtmemods)

I did. Still doesn't mean she started giving birth 42 years ago. It means she gaves birth every years for 42 years. No mention of when were those 42 years.

I did. Still doesn't mean she started giving birth 42 years ago. It means she gaves birth every years for 42 years. No mention of when were those 42 years.
    Why on *earth* would Oda make the statement *that* convoluted?

"She gave birth about every year for 42 years."

.................................................. ................................................

but she might have had some before

Do we have faceshots of Opera's bros? I imagine at least two of them are the Cream Punch guys.

Heck, for sake of argument let's say AIM's suggestion is on the mark though. Oda has done stranger things.

Let's say she was uh, fairly progressive and had Perospero or Compote at 18.

That would make one of them.....50?

Compote? Okay fine, that's acceptable! Perospero? That's *still* a hard sell!

This also means *at oldest* Brulee would.... I dunno, something like 42??? Brulee.... at oldest....42....?
    Last edited by Greg; April 28th, 2017 at 07:34 PM.

I don't know why you want to believe that. He's explaining how it has been possible for her to have so many childrens. Hence why it's so specific and why he mentions the 10 childs at once. Anana could well be the youngest child, we haven't seen any newborn in the manga and menopause should be a thing.

Sorry din't see your last post. Yup, Perospero looks way older. But hey, Brulée is the 7th daughter and look older than Lilin.

But hey, Brulée is the 7th daughter and look older than Lilin.
    That's kinda my point.

I'm not shocked that it doesn't make much sense. I'm shocked that it *easily could have* made perfect sense and yet it doesn't. If Mom was *freaking old*, a GREAT deal of this should have made perfect sense but WHEW, so much of it seems way off now. Like her lack of major wrinkles etc. could have been explained away by her weight. That always seemed logical but now...

I find it hard to believe Oda wouldn't have planned out her continuity before the arc. Impossible even.

But this is...yeesh ^_^;

Ugh...why am I getting the feeling that my Pudding theory may be a pipe dream? Stuff like this is what makes me doubt the complexity of New World developments.

BM also had really weird looking husbands, if Pound is any indication. Possibly from other races, too. Brulee might be part tree person for all we know. Smoothie might be part Long Leg.

I think the real explanation is just that "they are who they are" because Oda likes to use wacky designs from time to time, but you never know when weird design quirk #43435 will end up having a story behind it in this series.

Yes, no idea why she's not 10-15 years older. It would feel more natural. He must have his reasons. It might appear clear with her inevitable flashback.

Yeah, sure, I get that. I mean, we're supposed to accept that Brulee is the *ugly witch* who wants to look pretty. So there's leeway there.

But...it *still* could have made sense without even needing such an explanation.

Not to mention the Perospero issue which is true regardless.

Well.
    maybe brulees fruit has something to do with her looks like with alvida?
    key word snow white.

other options are: big mom gave birth to her firstborn (perospero) when she was 15/16, that would make him 52/53.
    Then came Compote and her unmentioned 6 twins, and tada. brulee came when mom was 17, which would make brulee about 51.
    (would still be weird because compote and mom look younger then her but well. some people age different )

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information