+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 232 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4640

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Considering how not too easy the training was for Goku & Vegeta who are training whores that'd go about as well trying to teach cat how the bark.
    I guess he'd start off easier with them.

It'd follow the established path of everyone following in Goku's footsteps. After Goku trained with Roshi, Yamcha went to train with him. After Goku trained with Korin, everyone went to climb the tower. After Goku trained with Kami, everyone else trained with Kami. After Goku trained with King Kai, all the dead people went to train with him.

I'm honestly surprised it never happened, especially prior to the Tournament of Power. It's such a simple way to explain how they can, or give them the possibility to, kinda sorta keep up.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    I'm honestly surprised it never happened, especially prior to the Tournament of Power. It's such a simple way to explain how they can, or give them the possibility to, kinda sorta keep up.
    I always thought that the whole reason that Whis trained Goku and Vegeta was to be a challenge for Beerus and to be potential replacements for him. If I am right about that, then I wouldn't expect Whis to spend time training someone who has no chance of meeting either of those criteria.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless_Bum View Post
    I always thought that the whole reason that Whis trained Goku and Vegeta was to be a challenge for Beerus and to be potential replacements for him. If I am right about that, then I wouldn't expect Whis to spend time training someone who has no chance of meeting either of those criteria.
    Sure, but the ToP was the perfect reason to do it. And after, they should be thinking about how there are so many powerful foes there, that it'd be for the best to start getting everyone to a respectable level.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    I guess he'd start off easier with them.

It'd follow the established path of everyone following in Goku's footsteps. After Goku trained with Roshi, Yamcha went to train with him. After Goku trained with Korin, everyone went to climb the tower. After Goku trained with Kami, everyone else trained with Kami. After Goku trained with King Kai, all the dead people went to train with him.
    Well let's keep in mind Goku had far better potential to become stronger because of his saiyan heritage a gap that none of the other characters were ever going to cross.

Plus Goku was doing crazy shit like training at 100x gravity and learning techniques from aliens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Actually a pretty touching trailer.

After taking a look at the staff list for Stampede it becomes clear why the next Dragon Ball project was delayed: nearly all of the main staff from Dragon Ball Super: Broli worked on Stampede. I have to wonder if Toei Animation is still having issues finding animators to work on their projects even with better production schedules. Nevertheless, now that the movie is out it should be time for everyone to get back to working on the next Dragon Ball series. I'm excited to see who sticks around as a main animation supervisor and action animator for this next project. Oonishi Ryou's fight is so insanely well down that I don't want to lose him just yet.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

A new Dragon Ball series should focus on other characters. Goten,Trunks,Caulifla,Pan,Bra,Uub. Focus on the new generation and make interesting stories with them. And of course it should be set after the ending of Z. But sadly this will never gonna happen. They will continue to stay in the 'Super' setting and focus mostly on Goku and Vegeta becoming Super Sayajin Red-Blue-Green at 6th level Mega-Instict.

Well, if you've read the last chapter, at least it seems there's potential for someone else not named Goku or Vegeta to do "something". Not save the day, mind you, but "something".

Spoiler:
    Moro used his third wish to liberate the prisoners of the galactic prison (yeah, kind of a weak wish, for all the mystery it tried to build) and use them as his goons. The thing is, he gives them extra power while he drains his enemies of their own. Neat, I guess. The thing is, they're supposedly going to Earth, and at least Toyotaro is giving some of these goons a distinctive design/skills. Goku and Vegeta are going to train (again), so maybe we can have the secondary cast dealing with the goons while the heroes train, then lose horribly to Moro, and then have Goku defeat him. So, Freeza's Revival arc 2. But hey, it's something!

Buu's back to sleep, though. Sorry.

Spoiler:

Was it ever explained how he made any wishes at all when that first goon killed Moori?
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Buu's back to sleep, though. Sorry.[/SPOILER]
    Oh come on. Seal him up in a magic bottle or split him in half so he's powerless or something, stop going to THAT as your out every time because you're not creative enough to do anything with him.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

As far as the newest chapter goes, yeah, I feel like the Buu thing is really old at this point.

I really liked the Ultra Instinct tease, even if I feel like the manga didn't do as good as a job introducing it as the anime.

I liked the possible promise of all the other characters getting to do something.

I've seen people make a huge deal about Meerus dodging SSJ3 and the Galactic Patrol not doing anything about all the previous threats to Universe 7 because Meerus is apparently *that* powerful.

People seem to be so wierdly nitpicky and selective about power level crap when it comes to this series.

Do you want fights that are more than just about powering up or not? One of the points of Goku's journey was that he would learn to use his strength efficently and smartly.

That was a point throughout Roshi's, Korin's and Popo's training. Don't waste movement (and learn to be patient). I see people complaining about how all the fights are just about powering up, but then when the story actually adheres to the ideas it started with, that's a problem.

I saw the argument that speed and strength always corrolate in this series and I feel like nah?

The Ultra Super Saiyan thing with Trunks in the Cell arc was one of my favorite things because it went back to the principles the series started with. Focusing too much on just becoming stronger made Trunks fail. The Roshi moment in the ToP arc in the manga was a similar moment I actually didn't like - great on principle, but the specific issue I had with it was that it went too far with the idea. Roshi was out of action for too long before it happened for it to feel believable for me, so when it happened it felt really jarring and odd.

Meerus was at least introduced to be competent to begin with. Meerus was established to be in charge of several sectors of the universe, so my guess is that he just never was in charge dealing with Earth/the sectors that had the big conflicts of the series happen and was much weaker back then. I feel like it's even entirely possible he's an antagonist in disguise. The story at least frames him as mysterious and shows it to be a little odd he's so competent because Goku specifically notices it. It's not about how strong Meerus is, but what skills he has - for all we know, he even could be out after 1 punch.

I liked this month's chapter if only for looping back to the idea of pure strength not mattering and in my eyes setting it up much better than the Roshi stuff in the manga's ToP arc. I feel like it's one of those chapters that'll make the story better if it delivers well enough by the end - setting up a whole bunch of plot points that need to satisfyingly come ahead.

I really feel like a lot of people who claim they understand the series really don't, though.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; August 27th, 2019 at 11:12 PM.

There's pure strength not mattering, sure.

But from Raditz onward well... Raditz the entire thing was so fast he could attack from the front and hit them behind, and Goku and Piccollo had to take off their weighted clothes and trick adn hold him down to actually hit him.

And then the power creep just escalated from there. But Roshi, who was outclassed and retired waaaay back in the day... for him to have been secretly practicing to be good enough to even *see* characters that were moving fast, or be able to tank even a single hit from planet busting power scales is just... whut. That's the reason they left Yamcha out of the tourney, he's outclassed now.

Much as it sucks that Tien got completely hosed without contributing anything, that's kind of what should have happened to basically all the human competitors in the first 20 seconds of that tourney. Skill is great but when you can't even see your opponents let alone react in time to block them, that should just be an overwhelming advantage you just cant overcome.

If any of the humans had just learned freaking kaio-ken back in the day it'd be easier to buy into. "Okay, he just multipied his power by twenty for a second, at a risk." You could even eventually have had somethig like Tien making his own variant of it (like he said he was going to) and eventually get something new out of it. Kiaoken x100? Or focused just into the power of a beam? Or multiform without weaknesses? SOMETHING.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Yeah, I said that's basically why I didn't like Roshi's moment - the story just went too far with it, even if I liked the principle of it, I thought it was too much of a stretch to feel natural.

But I'm fine with Meerus because he was established to actually be stronger/more competent than that to begin with and I feel like there are implied logical explanations as to why he didn't interfere with any of the important plot stuff.

I feel like it's fine if the character has some distance in terms of strength. Kind of like how base form Goku had a pretty easy fight with SSJ2 Caulifla and Kale in the anime because they weren't martial artists.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; August 28th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.

Roshi being wanked to these levels isn't ok for many reasons. My biggest gripe is that he passed the baton as early as the King Piccolo saga to the point where he refused to participate in the last tournament because his students were already ahead of him...and he was totally happy with that. As a teacher, it was his mission. But of course, in terms of power levels it's also terribly unbalanced and poorly thought out. Basically him bitchslapping Tien in the anime and going as far as teasing not-Frieza (seriously, forgot that pricks name) into going mano a mano with him in the manga is...wrong, specially considering, as Robby mentioned, that as early as Raditz, Roshi was insanely out of his league, no martial arts training being enough to bridge the power/strength/speed gap. Raditz.

Now, the stuff with Meerus I don't mind, honestly. I like that he's a capable fighter through technique, finesse and the use of gadgets, not through a massive power level. The way he outmaneuvered Moro was great in terms of Choreography, and having more of that is always cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    A new Dragon Ball series should focus on other characters. Goten,Trunks,Caulifla,Pan,Bra,Uub
    Sounds like something that could go on a channel aimed at preschoolers.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Whatever comes next I just want them to freaking age up Trunk and Goten. I get not putting them at GT age, but Trunks is like 14 now, they should be Teen Gohan physique by now, not... still 8 year olds. Trunks is the same age his alternate reality self was in the History of Trunks.

Heck, even Goku's growth spurt happened when he was between 15 and 18. Those kids are due.

Sounds like something that could go on a channel aimed at preschoolers.
    Are you for real?? Doing "Super Sayajin 8 version Green Mega-Instict" would be something 'aimed at preschoolers'. Enjoy watching always the same thing,over and over.

Are you for real?? Doing "Super Sayajin 8 version Green Mega-Instict" would be something 'aimed at preschoolers'. Enjoy watching always the same thing,over and over.
    Well Super is doing really well and the new Broly movie is held in much better regard than any of the original 3 Broly movies that Toei turned out. In addition to FighterZ being really popular. So I like to think that most of the fanbase couldn't care less about being given more and more of the same in certain respects.

But snark aside outside of Gohan, Uub, (Future) Trunks, & I guess Pan no one really cares about the other 2nd generation characters.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; August 29th, 2019 at 07:37 AM.

Well Super is doing really well and the new Broly movie is held in much better regard than any of the original 3 Broly movies that Toei turned out. In addition to FighterZ being really popular. So I like to think that most of the fanbase couldn't care less about being given more and more of the same in certain respects.

But snark aside outside of Gohan, Uub, (Future) Trunks, & I guess Pan no one really cares about the other 2nd generation characters.
    So why you said 'aimed at preschoolers'? There was no reason to say that.
    I stand by what i said. The only way to do something original with Dragon Ball is to develop the characters of the new generation and set the story after the Z ending

So why you said 'aimed at preschoolers'? There was no reason to say that.
    I stand by what i said. The only way to do something original with Dragon Ball is to develop the characters of the new generation and set the story after the Z ending
    It's called GT.

No one liked it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information