+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 237 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 4721

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz
    What I mean by my comment is that having many writers on a series could cause problems and I think that's the one problem DBS *specifically* has. Too many cooks *can* spoil the broth. The ToP arc has 4 different consistently contributing writers on it (Toshio, Tomioka, Yamaguchi, Fukushima) and three additional writers that have only written a few episodes within the arc (Hisao, Yamashita, King Ryuu). It's incredibly scattered and add to that, these characters aren't ones they created. The original author can generally understand how his or her story and characters work the best, so there's another additional roadblock there.

It's not always guaranteed, but I think since Super has good writers, I think it really could benefit from cutting down the amount of writers, along with improving all the stuff you mentioned.

In terms of anime-only stuff, it's actually very common that there is only one writer behind it all. Madoka Magica, Psycho Pass, Evangelion and Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress have one voice and only one or two writers with some lone contributors there, not 7 different ones. Projects with many writers are either episodic (Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy) or absolute messes (Digimon 02). Having limited writers often does guarantee a unified vision of how the story plays out. Whether it's a good or bad unified vision is another thing and to be fair DBS kinda went to an episodic route with the ToP, which accomodates to many writers, but it's this and the other stuff you listed that causes stuff like the whole stamina recovery plot problem or the characters going full power for the 10th time.

I like Super, but I think it still needs to be improved in terms of the story quite a bit. I think it basically needs a continuation at this point because of all the dangling plot threads for it and it actually has a lot of potential, too. There is so much you can do with all the elements introduced here.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; March 8th, 2018 at 07:33 AM.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Super needs to be a 26 episodes at most seasonal thing. Tell well paced and written stories with good animation, instead of stretching out subpar plot like an old chewing gum. Or if it has to be long, do what madhouse did for hxh and spend the god damn money. It is dragon ball after all, money is there.

None of this will ever happen for the franchise as a tv show though. Just look at the lazy Kai work instead of a proper remake.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Spoilers!

Spoiler:
    130 is Goku vs. Jiren. 131 Goku is eliminated and Freeza attacks Jiren. No details on whether he catches him off-guard or anything like that.

I like it. Again, leaves room for more later down the line. Would be even better if Goku falls out of UI, showing that he still has to learn how to actually use it properly.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; March 8th, 2018 at 10:12 AM.

Spoiler:
    People wanted something different and a bit unexpected and that's what they're getting. Personally I was ok with Jiren straight up losing to Goku here. Hopefully Gokus UI was wavering when he was hit by the blast, otherwise I just don't see Jiren getting his ass handed to him as things looked then just one shotting Goku out

Spoiler:
    This is either going to elevate Super to GOAT status or be a raging dumpster fire, and the two aren't mutually exclusive!
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

How do you do spoilers? lol

Spoiler:

SPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIILEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    --Man, is F seriously going to get to beat a big bad? And
    even freaking Vegeta has never gotten to do that! This
    could be the very best thing ever.

Last edited by Purple Hermit; March 8th, 2018 at 08:51 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

Spoiler:
    Type [SPOLER] and [/SPOLER]. In advanced mode you can just click on the stop sign as well.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    Spoilers!

Spoiler:
    130 is Goku vs. Jiren. 131 Goku is eliminated and Freeza attacks Jiren. No details on whether he catches him off-guard or anything like that.

I like it. Again, leaves room for more later down the line. Would be even better if Goku falls out of UI, showing that he still has to learn how to actually use it properly.
    Hidden:

Spoiler:
    If Freeza wins, gets the SDB wish and we end on a cliffhanger of him getting away, I'll finally get an avatar.

Spoiler:
    If Freeza wins, gets the SDB wish and we end on a cliffhanger of him getting away, I'll finally get an avatar.
    Spoiler:

F: "I wish for ....."
    Oolong: "the 12 universe's most comfortable pair of underwear!"

lol ... nah he's freiza he's a nice guy and wouldn't wish for anything bad, he'll wish back all the other universes instead

Spoiler:

New interesting interview material courtesy of Herms86 at Twitter:

Spoiler:

Kudos to TOEI and the Freeza giving Goku energy scene

I like that Caulifla was added by Toriyama. Kale doesn't work as well alone and Caulifla is the far better character.

Also Freeza giving Goku energy is a good addition because Goku getting up after that without any assistance would be much worse.

Some interview stuff translated by Herms: https://twitter.com/herms98/status/9...992587776?s=21

So, Toriyama did design Caulifla, like I thought.

Super late edit: lol, I just realized there was a whole page I missed xD
    Last edited by MarcelloF; March 9th, 2018 at 09:30 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

So we can blame the bore that is Jiren all on Toriyama. So much for him always having fun and creative ideas.

Spoiler:
    What I understand is that either Toei found out people aren't liking Goku and wants to end things up with a character they know people wouldn't stop love ooooooor they actually think Jiren is The Hype...Which he isn't.

Really? The fight junkie fanbase does not adore Jiren? I mean just look at his powerlevel, it's over 9000 times 9000!!!
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

So if it wasn't for Toei boner on Broly we would never got female super sayians that aren't video games OC's.
    This is probably the nicest thing Broly did to the franchise.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

For some reason the idea of Toriyama being behind Tenshinhan getting eliminated three times over gives me life.

And yeah, good on Toei for finally squeezing some female Super Saiyans out of Toriyama, even if they had to resort to Broly to do it.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information