+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 237 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 4721

Thread: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Broly but this time it's not Broly

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion Kai: Last Time, on Dragonball Discussion Z

In the end, Universe 2 truly was disappointing on all fronts, yeesh.

I really enjoy this week episode. Ribrianne and 18's battle was just really fun. I like that they give both 18 and Ribrianne some character development during their battle. Ribrianne in my opinion is just a fun character and she had some great moments in the tournament.

I was a little worried 18 would get eliminated for killing Ribrianne
    good to know that attack on titan rules were in effect and she missed the core

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

also if we don't get a miniarc of Krillin, 18, Marron, 17, and 17's family just having a nice vacation, then it's time to riot

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Toei are truly the King of fake hype, U2 ended up being the biggest disappointment of the ToP

Its clear that Toriyama without his editors is plain bad, at least give him one of Odas old editors..
    "IF YOUíRE A MAN YOU DONíT CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOUíRE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

some of them at least got to do stuff
    UNLIKE MAGETTA -sob-

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Fun episode. Ribrianne was a fun character, and I'm glad we got to see what she could do. Meanwhile, 18 and Krillin are adorable.

However, Dr, Gero...18's ankle seems like a design flaw. I mean, did he leave that part normal or what? I'm left to wonder.

It also seems like U2's last fighters just kind of stood around while their best warriors got eliminated. Like, if you wanted to fight Goku, it would have been a better idea to start before you were the last hope.

About the preview:
    Spoiler:
    It sounds like multiple universes are getting eliminated next week. Gee, I wonder which one's that'll be?
    17 and 18 were only altered at a cellular level not including their self-destruct bomb, otherwise they are normal.

My biggest takeaway from this episode is that the 'Power of Love' isn't the same as regular ki much like how some of Universe 9's warriors had their own unique undetectable ki.

Pretty good episode, the whole futile love shit made Ribrianne really unlikable to me after the scene with Krillin, but she redeemed herself at the end, I guess in her universe they can't understand actual love, love in there is some kind of bland, futile, japanese idol crap.

The fight itself was pretty cool, I though 17 would end up losing helping his sister beat her, but that ended up not being the case. I'm guessing 17 and 18 are pretty much done at this point, I'm expecting them not to do much else, and eventually get eliminated by Jiren cleaning house or someone else.

As for next week, I think Universe 6, 2 or both are probably going to get erased, I can also see Piccolo being gone next week helping Gohan get rid of the namekians.

Edit: oh and I hope next week Vegeta gets rid of mega man and goes back to Toppo.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerucho View Post
    Its clear that Toriyama without his editors is plain bad, at least give him one of Odas old editors..
    Lol. Toriyama has almost nothing to do with any of this. The pacing and comedy have none of his touches and entirely feel like all the anime filler ever. He's providing a couple character designs and a super loose outline. He probably hasn't had anything to do with the actual scripting or pacing this entire arc. Made even more clear by how much the manga and anime are varying.

Notice how a year ago they heavily advertised the fact that he designed some of the gods of destruction, but have made no fuss whatsoever about him doing anything with any of the participants, and basically none of them have any of his quirkiness or sense of design. They haven't even advertised that "Toriyama designed ultra instinct!" the way they did with SSG.

Toriyama is only slightly more involved with this than he was with GT. And that mostly stems back to how much he worked on the Battle of Gods movie... and *that* had his fingerprints and style all over it. Basically everything in Super since? Not so much.

Great episode, glad to see us having other characters win fights.

But it is clear to me that this is going to end with Jiren just one shotting all of Uni 7 but Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

I don't think I mentioned this, but the Krillin having no nose callback was very fun.

I'm usually not that big of a fan of characters like 17 - he's along the lines of the archetype that Law is, but 17 is genuinely "nice". He doesn't wierd attitude stuff that tends to be prevalent with that archetype. He still has those typical one-liners, but he's more laid back than smug and I think that's what makes him more likeable.

Praise the heavens, Ribrianne is out. Her gimmick was done and even though her portrayal this episode was ok, her elimination was long overdue.

Also, that preview brings back a whole lot of bad nostalgia for Piccolo's sacrifice against Nappa.

So do we have any major fighters left outside of universe 11? Judging by next week i'm guessing Universe 6 and 2 will both be erased and Picollo might fall. But that just leaves Universe 3, 4, 7 and 11 and I can't think of anyone in the first two universes who have chance to match up with anyone from Universe 7 or 11. They've been 'hyping' up that scientist guy from Universe 3 and universe 4 has the two fighters who are hidden which will probably lead to some shenanigans. But Goku will fight Jiren, Frieza will probably fight Toppo and Dyspo will fight Gohan? Just my guess.

Yeah, the wildcards from U4 are the only ones who might put the tournament in an akward spot. I don't like seeing U6 erased.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

17 and 18 have had plenty of time now if you look at it all together, so they are one possibility to go out next.

Piccolo didn't have much build-up pre-tournament so next episode might be his time to shine and he's the other most likely possibility to go out.

So it's Vegeta, Gohan and Freeza that still need their individual fights/episodes. So Toppo vs. Vegeta, Freeza vs. Robots/Bugs and Gohan vs. Dyspo is my guess.

Finale is obviously Goku vs. Jiren/some Goku fusion vs. Jiren. I feel like all this could be taken care of within the next 10 episodes, not straight into March, though.

It was so stupid that 18 had a balet/scary movie injury.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

If the next episode goes how I think it will, Gohan will be 2-1 with destroying universes vs. Goku

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Vegeta trying to achieve Ultra Instinct only to get wailed on was the most obvious, expected, teed-up joke ever, and it was still the funniest thing ever.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Vegeta trying to achieve Ultra Instinct only to get wailed on was the most obvious, expected, teed-up joke ever, and it was still the funniest thing ever.
    Vegeta becoming aware that he can only catch up to Goku by getting the shit beaten out of him is possibly the most meta thing in super so far

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Really surprised (happily surprised) #18 wasn't eliminated after she got rid of Ribrianne.

Also, Ribrianne... I like the concept behind her but I wholeheartedly hate the execution. The first episode with the trio transforming, then repeating the sequence and all that was really fun, but if she was going to keep appearing I wish they would have toned down the "magical girl fighting for love" parody and develop her outside of that, because the joke got old really fast and having her saying "love" every three words got annoying. So needless to say this episode really got on my nerves with the dialogues being basically "blah blah love blah love love love blah blah love blah love love love love love love love".

Although I absolutely loved the end with Ribrianne becoming the giant monster boss and the hero making her way all the way up to finally destroy it with her friends (well, just 17 in this case) making cameos to aid her in the way up. Felt like the final scene of some movie and it was just on point!
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 26th, 2017 at 11:34 AM.

I liked the chill camaraderie 18 and 17 have with each other, even to this day - she gets injured and they're still making small talk. can Piccolo have a cool moment against the Namekians please?

Too bad for Ribrianne; she was shooting so many hearts I kept thinking of Boa Hancock's devil fruit. Rabu rabu.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information