+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Funimation Film Gold Discussion

Default Re: Funimation Film Gold Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    You're RomeIsHome25 aren't you? Dude, seriously? Did people not chew you out enough already? This limited release did great and for some reason you can't understand that. One Piece is liked in the US, quit acting like its hated. It was a success for FUNi, anybody can tell you that. It was their 6th highest grossing release and not everything needs to make a million dollars to be successful. If the series wasn't successful over here, they would have dropped it by now but they didn't so please just stop
    How did it do great?

Because it came in sixth for FUNi? That doesn't mean anything. Most of those releases hardly make a dime, placing sixth on such a list is such a non-factor. THATS YOU forming up your own opinion that it did good because you wanted it to, but when you compare it to the actual list you SHOULD compare it to - the overall anime movie list, you see how short it actually fell. You have movies that aired in less than 100 theaters and less days, and they STILL beat OP. How is that preforming good? At best it preformed mediocre.

Anyone with no sense of how this works (you) can tell me that. Doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

I never said it's hated either. Don't put words in my mouth. I just said people don't care about it as much as other similar series. Toonami canceling it in a block that doesn't even demand GREAT ratings should be proof enough, but continue being in denial and ignore that tidbit if it makes you feel better.

OP will always have a fanbase. That's why the DVDs and simulcast are still going. But that's honestly as far as it can go here, because it's obvious it doesn't preform up to snuff in more mainstream outlets, even when it's given all the chances to.

And yes you are overall optimistic. The proof is where? The only proof I see is that FILM GOLD didn't perform all that hot and got beat by even more limited releases, coupled with Toonami dropping it. Yeah, such a wildly successful success this is. You have no basis and see some numbers and head-canon it as being 'good'. You have no clue, so stop acting like you do.

For instance, I'd like to see some proof of your claim that "people in the anime industry consider the theater release successful". Go on. Show me the proof someone in the industry said that. I'm waiting. You can't say stuff like that and provide no proof - something you ALWAYS do.
    Last edited by ProjectRevolt; April 24th, 2017 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectRevolt View Post
    How did it do great?

Because it came in sixth for FUNi? That doesn't mean anything. Most of those releases hardly make a dime, placing sixth on such a list is such a non-factor. THATS YOU forming up your own opinion that it did good because you wanted it to, but when you compare it to the actual list you SHOULD compare it to - the overall anime movie list, you see how short it actually fell. You have movies that aired in less than 100 theaters and less days, and they STILL beat OP. How is that preforming good? At best it preformed mediocre.

Anyone with no sense of how this works (you) can tell me that. Doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

I never said it's hated either. Don't put words in my mouth. I just said people don't care about it as much as other similar series. Toonami canceling it in a block that doesn't even demand GREAT ratings should be proof enough, but continue being in denial and ignore that tidbit if it makes you feel better.

OP will always have a fanbase. That's why the DVDs and simulcast are still going. But that's honestly as far as it can go here, because it's obvious it doesn't preform up to snuff in more mainstream outlets, even when it's given all the chances to.
    Sure, ignore the people in the industry who know there stuff. It made money for FUNi, even their lowest grossing releases did. You only listen to your own words and insult those who disagree with you. When someone who is affiliated with the One Piece Podcast who is also affiliated with the anime industry itself said it did well, then I'm pretty sure it did well. You have made countless accounts spewing the same shit for a long time now and people are sick of it. You can have expectations, but you have too high of expectations
    Last edited by TheGreatCaptainUsopp; April 24th, 2017 at 10:19 AM.

As far as I'm concerned, you're NO ONE in the industry, so why should I believe follow your overly and denial-ridden optimistic views? Because you have the box-office numbers everyone else has access to and somehow believe it did well, when it's obvious you can't read the significance of box-office numbers and performance worth a damn?

Once someone who knows how this works, provides some solid proof and good insight on how this may have done well in the grand scheme of things shows up and talks - I'm all ears. But as far as you? As always, you're full of optimistic hot-air.

Really don't care if you're sick of it, either. You guys are the same people who swore it was doing well on Toonami and look at it now.

"Oh, but it's because it was airing at 2:30am why it failed!"

Well genius, why do ya think it ended up in that timeslot to begin with. Use your head, y'all.
    Last edited by ProjectRevolt; April 24th, 2017 at 10:33 AM.

The thing about the Hulu situation, it's not just One Piece. It's pretty much every thing Toei Animation have up on Hulu that includes Fist of the North Star, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT, and Toriko are leaving .

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    The thing about the Hulu situation, it's not just One Piece. It's pretty much every thing Toei Animation have up on Hulu that includes Fist of the North Star, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT, and Toriko are leaving .
    I realize that, but it's still a blow to OP because that's another mainstream outlet that won't carry it anymore. At least DBZ still has tv.

Even something like Fairy Tail, which hasn't been on TV, has mainstream presence due to being on both Netflix and HULU... but what does OP have now where casuals can easily be aware of it? The anime streaming sites (Crunchyroll and FUNiNOW) are niche so those don't really count... but that's all it has now. >_>

As far as I'm concerned, you're NO ONE in the industry, so why should I believe follow your overly and denial-ridden optimistic views? Because you have the box-office numbers everyone else has access to and somehow believe it did well, when it's obvious you can't read the significance of box-office numbers and performance worth a damn?

Once someone who knows how this works, provides some solid proof and good insight on how this may have done well in the grand scheme of things shows up and talks - I'm all ears. But as far as you? As always, you're full of optimistic hot-air.

Really don't care if you're sick of it, either. You guys are the same people who swore it was doing well on Toonami and look at it now.

"Oh, but it's because it was airing at 2:30am why it failed!"

Well genius, why do ya think it ended up in that timeslot to begin with. Use your head, y'all.
    I'm convinced that you're not even reading my posts anymore. Also, it stayed on Toonami despite its ratings so that's why we saw it as doing well. I'm not part of the industry, never said I was, but the One Piece Podcast affiliations that I mentioned are and I'll trust them rather than you. Call me optimistic, but I'm aware of how it works and can see that it did well. I'm not even going to bother with you anymore

I'm convinced that you're not even reading my posts anymore. Also, it stayed on Toonami despite its ratings so that's why we saw it as doing well. I'm not part of the industry, never said I was, but the One Piece Podcast affiliations that I mentioned are and I'll trust them rather than you. Call me optimistic, but I'm aware of how it works and can see that it did well. I'm not even going to bother with you anymore
    You're not aware of anything other than your own desires, and with that we leave this topic alone until someone educated on these things actually steps up.

You are taking this way too seriously.

So what if One Piece is not mainstream here in the states, How does that affect your life in any way shape of form?

Quote Originally Posted by MugiwaraPirate View Post
    You are taking this way too seriously.

So what if One Piece is not mainstream here in the states, How does that affect your life in any way shape of form?
    It doesn't. I've already came to terms with OP's ceiling of success here in the U.S.

So when I comment on how I personally think it's disappointing, and other people get all 'up in arms' with 'how wrong and pessimistic' I am, when... I'm only looking at the facts and logical conclusions... then arguments like this happen.

All I said was Film Gold didn't preform all that well and that even more limited releases beat it, and this guy got all hot under the collar because he felt it did and started mentioning non-sensical things like "ITS FUNIS 6th HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE, GUYZ!" So, I have to show him why I feel he's wrong with some common sense he's clearly lacking.

But as for the situation. It is what it is. I'm not in denial. I've accepted OP's hum-hum status here and recognize it as so.

It doesn't. I've already came to terms with OP's ceiling of success here in the U.S.

So when I comment on how I personally think it's disappointing, and other people get all 'up in arms' with 'how wrong and pessimistic' I am, when... I'm only looking at the facts and logical conclusions... then arguments like this happen.

All I said was Film Gold didn't preform all that well and that even more limited releases beat it, and this guy got all hot under the collar because he felt it did and started mentioning non-sensical things like "ITS FUNIS 6th HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE, GUYZ!" So, I have to show him why I feel he's wrong with some common sense he's clearly lacking.

But as for the situation. It is what it is. I'm not in denial. I've accepted OP's hum-hum status here and recognize it as so.
    Film Gold did well with it's level of popularity in the US

Are we done now?

One Piece has done well enough in the US for them to dub over 500 episodes, even after bad reception from 4Kids.

What's this guys problem lol?

Exactly what Im tying to say, it's done "well enough" to sustain itself.

It has never done "great" here.

That's all I'm trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    One Piece has done well enough in the US for them to dub over 500 episodes, even after bad reception from 4Kids.

What's this guys problem lol?
    Because good enough just isn't good enough for him

Film Gold did well with it's level of popularity in the US

Are we done now?
    Like I said, I'm not sure about that given that there are many anime movies with farrrrr fewer showings that still beat Film Gold. This is where you use common-sense - doesn't that feel disappointing to you? Look at the list again. Pay attention to more than just the box-office total.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

We are talking about the best selling manga in existence. I think yearning that it could be something more isn't outta the question.

But regardless of how you guys are judging me right now, rest assured I really don't care as much as it may seem.

I just don't like people making something look better than it actually did.

Just consider this - Toonami isn't as strict with expecting good ratings as other networks... and One Piece still failed in it. This is where common sense comes to play again. Use it. USE IT.

Like I said, I'm not sure about that given that there are many anime movies with farrrrr fewer showings that still beat Film Gold. This is where you use common-sense - doesn't that feel disappointing to you? Look at the list again. Pay attention to more than just the box-office total.
    I didn't expect it to make a ton but would I like it to? Yes, but the fandom and popularity is in a weird place for it but it did well enough for where it is now

That's just it, where's your logic that it did well?

My logic is other smaller releases beat OP which had a decent limited release, which means it didn't do all that well considering that - more money spent for a lesser payoff - never a good thing.

Your logic is it did well because... it placed 6th on FUNis movie list? Lmao.

Being FUNimation's sixth highest grossing film is pretty good, especially when looking at what the top 5 consists of. Another thing to look at on top of that is the fact that the sales numbers for the physical release probably aren't going to be significantly different than they would be if the film hadn't gotten a theatrical release, of course this is just speculative on my part. Sure it's no Dragon Ball Z film, but I'd certainly say it was a success, and am sure we can look forward to seeing future One Piece films on the big screen here.

Quote Originally Posted by dpstatic View Post
    Being FUNimation's sixth highest grossing film is pretty good, especially when looking at what the top 5 consists of. Another thing to look at on top of that is the fact that the sales numbers for the physical release probably aren't going to be significantly different than they would be if the film hadn't gotten a theatrical release, of course this is just speculative on my part. Sure it's no Dragon Ball Z film, but I'd certainly say it was a success, and am sure we can look forward to seeing future One Piece films on the big screen here.
    This is exactly where I'm coming from

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

I honestly feel, with having almost 400 screens, it should have beat a few of these other limited releases and had gotten at least in the 20th place mark.

It shouldnt be losing to movies with less than 100 screens.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

I honestly feel, with having almost 400 screens, it should have beat a few of these other limited releases and had gotten at least in the 20th place mark.

It shouldnt be losing to movies with less than 100 screens.
    It was successful but not as much as it could have been

There

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information