+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 851: Tab End

Default Re: Chapter 851: Goat Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    The other half of the crew got two years in Dressrosa while this part of the crew did nothing.
    This is false. They were in Dressrosa as well & they did play a part.

Quote Originally Posted by RealMazen View Post
    What did Nami and Chopper do?

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

For thirty-one chapters. Chapter 700-730. And in those thirty-one chapters, only Sanji and Brook did much of anything while Nami and Chopper just panicked. We didn't see even a glimpse of them until Chapter 794, and then we had to wait at least ten MORE chapters to see them become recurring characters again.

So I think there's a gap in spotlight ratio between the main cast that should be rebalanced with the Totland arc.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Pudding, Reiju & Sanji
    The forbidden scene in Puddings room she did not plan on anybody seeing, she's having a field day gloating and admitting openly as she believes her memory edits will do the trick to anyone seeing unnecessary bits. Sanji has definitely hit rock bottom. He tried to protect his friends from danger by going along with his family to a wedding he did not want to go to. As with Robin, it fails as Luffy & Crew follows him in spite of the letter. The Vinsmokes make clear to Sanji of how polluted Sanji has and still regards the air around them. Sanji still chooses to believe in the wedding for the safety of his friends by acting cold towards them infront of the Vinsmoke family and retracts to the promises of Big Mom allowing his friends safe exit in exchange of fulfilling this marriage to Pudding. Sanji unwittingly spied in on Pudding's carefree glory moment, the marriage only a tool in a mass murder for Big Mom, and she never planned on allowing Luffy to leave her domain.
    All of it is hitting Sanji. Everything he has tried to prevent by sacrificing himself to solitude in marriage has every time been turned down worse each time during this trip.

How this affects Sanji can go anyway, but he is clearly very unstable and I cant say for certain he will turn against himself and start abusing what he stood for in uncontrolled rage.
    'I could predict the scene where Luffy, Jinbei and Nami happen on Sanji mindlessly wandering and he does no more than just giving a dead look towards them.'

And then there is Pudding herself. If she is indeed trying to manipulate the families against each other and starting a gunfight at the Wedding so to help Sanji escape by recording a memory of Pudding for some part of it, she has severely misplayed on Sanji's dedication to her, as the experience will have guarranted him against her. Assuming that to be the case, I need some enlightment to the point of her gloating to Luffy & Nami, if it had a point to it at all.
    Though I fail to see the practicality of her powers in a fight, comparing her to Violet is comparing omnipotency to outright mind control. She can manipulate a persons memories and if given enough effort, she could essentially rewrite a person. She could very well edit someone's memories if she can subdue them to a point, which we have not seen her have any capacity to. She could rewrite Luffy and Nami while they were imprisoned, but Sanji who walked away with the revelation then?
    I should not read too deep into her intentions and loyalties, but she is proving herself worthy of a Sanji Slap.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Ah, that was a good Christmas, sup peeps.

First of all, pudding is being overly forced here. As if we are suppose to feel for sanji's arranged marriage when Pudding and sanji has not even invested anything. They just meet, say a few nice things to each other and we are suppose to see that as Sanji's sunshine amongst his evil family? Nope, not buying this cheesy scenery. Also the over extension by Oda to try and make pudding out to be so evil, wow, "lulz don't get blood all over the place when i kill you cuzz mamamz is gonna destroy the entire hall," lulz as if you gonna kill anybody and lulz like reiju is gonna give a pancake flip when she is dead, Oda. Stop.

Oh, wow, and the cliche brook lines about luffy pursuing his wants at all costs and sanji sacrificing himself for the sake of others, ALL THE WHILE WHAT APPEARS TO BE AN OFF-PANEL BATTLE WITH BIG MOM....a low tier SH vs AN EMPEROR...YEAH ONE OF THE FOUR MOST POWERFUL PIRATES IN THE WORLD. WITH HER CLOUDS OUT! Oda you make your top characters so gritty and powerful, I'm hyped.

Jinbei is a wimp....Nami is a wuss crying like that, as if she was really going to die, who is gonna feel for her? Luffy's retarded as usual, still beating the drum that luffy will do anything to save his nakama, even rip his arms off then die in the process and then can't save anybody.
    I somehow knew something was missing. Long time no see, Screwtape. I missed your nonsense rants.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by lokilasher View Post
    Super late to the party, but man that was a good chapter. Especially Brook standing up against Big Mom like that. I'm also really not liking Pudding's actions, it felt so typical Villain it was cringe-worthy. Especially making fun of Sanji, god reading that felt so forced. Like " Hahahaha Hey and Sanji, looked like this * beatup face * when he asked me to marry him! Why would anyone marry that loser?! He's pathetic and ugly!! Can you imagine if he was listening to this right now!!?! Hurr durr" I didn't mind the set up for revealing Pudding's evil side, but man the execution was sloppy as hell Oda. Also Jinbei!! can't wait to get his side of the story when we come back from break.
    I think it's fine. She reminds me of Doflamingo jerk-ness, yet instead hiding it under the surface of a polite and caring nature. Doffy can directly manipulate you with his strings, Pudding would manipulate you with her acting. It makes sense that with her true nature, she'd get tired of acting unnatural. Maybe it could have been done differently though, I agree. For example, instead of having her shoot Reiju and fix her memories, instead reveal her true nature in a conversation with mama. The problem with that is it ruins the surprise for us though.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    So, what are the chances are that Carrott is actually a good artist to her not being good at all?
    I think she is at a really high level of drawing. I would put her next to Robin, but I think Robins drawing skills will still be a little better.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Danger View Post
    anybody notice Luffy's missing arm here ?

http://img.mangastream.com/cdn/manga/51/3913/01_02.jpg
    He is just getting a load of nami's ayss with his other arm.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    I think she is at a really high level of drawing. I would put her next to Robin, but I think Robins drawing skills will still be a little better.
    But the real question is if she can draw than Usopp. It turns out that he doesn't just have a good eye for sniping.

Spoiler:

And in an SBS that asked Oda about what jobs the Straw Hats would have in real life, the answer included Usopp being graphic designer. That's a pretty cool connection. He's also one of the few people on the ship who could cook decent meals besides Sanji. He deserves more credit lol.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Well stephen might use Cigawet. ;) hahahaha but yeah probably will be something instead of moist
    Bahahaha!
    This just made my whole day. Thank you

big mom spread with zeus and Prometheus, brook's young lady line, opera and luffy got mad at nami, sanji's tear, pudding being a pure female dog, and of course, jinbe.

so many great things in this chapter.

---

btw when will we get the next scan? this one is very early right?

It was a great chapter. Sanji's tears caught me off guard and I almost teared up myself. Brooke is stll cool. I'm not really impressed with Jimbei. He is back... I can't care too much. But that doesn't mean I hate him or his entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I’m not sure if we need to speculate that much. It is not even sure if we will see her using her ability again.
    For the moment it looks like a plot device used by Oda to make Sanji discover the truth in a believable way
    If Pudding never uses the ability again, then this whole scene will seem even more forced than it already is. The DF usage being a chekhovs gun would still make the current scene completely utilitarian, but it'd make it feel like it had more of a point.

Cigawet?

*flashbacks to The Boondocks*

I was going for "A Damp Cigarette" for the Viz title, but I'm content with either one.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfunk View Post
    What did Nami and Chopper do?
    As shown in their flashback on Zou, Nami was the reason they were able to escape from the BM pirates during that time. Chopper got his big moment on Zou. He's the one that saved the lives of the minks. As far as WCI goes, Nami has been a very essential character thus far. Chopper will be a huge key in getting Sanji back, & brook will play huge role in getting the ponegyphs.
    So I think there's a gap in spotlight ratio between the main cast that should be rebalanced with the Totland arc.
    Aside from Luffy, the Dressrosa team didn't even get as much spotlight as people assume. The side characters from Dressrosa & Law were the ones who received most of the attention. Franky , Zoro, Usopp & Robin were off-panel a good chunk of the time. They got their moments, but that's really it.
    Last edited by RealMazen; December 30th, 2016 at 06:44 AM.

As shown in their flashback on Zou, Nami was the reason they were able to escape from the BM pirates during that time. Chopper got his big moment on Zou. He's the one that saved the lives of the minks. Aside from Luffy, the Dressrosa team didn't even get as much spotlight as people assume. The side characters from Dressrosa & Law were the ones who received most of the attention. Franky , Zoro, Usopp & Robin were off-panel a good chunk of the time. They got their moments, but that's really it.
    But they still got notable screen time. Zoro had his fight with Pica, Franky fought Señor Pink, Robin helped out Bartolomeo/Cavendish and Rebecca/Kyros, and Usopp had memorable encounters with Trebol and Sugar (not to mention learning Haki). Yes, they weren't getting constant main attention for over seventy chapters. But... That's dozens of chapters of scenes and story importance that they had regardless. Just because the Dressrosa supporting cast and Law got a lot of attention doesn't mean the Straw Hats that stayed there didn't.

Also, we only got a few pages of Chopper saving the Minks. Basically a quick montage without any elaborated focus, immersion, tension, or character development. It was cool to see, but that doesn't make up for not being in Dressrosa alone quantitatively (and I even debate it on a qualitative level for the reasons I just said). And the Curly Hats fighting Big Mom's ship was less than one chapter in content.

Spoiler:

They left when the real action begun, that is obviously why Oda is now focusing on them.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Ah, that was a good Christmas, sup peeps.

First of all, pudding is being overly forced here. As if we are suppose to feel for sanji's arranged marriage when Pudding and sanji has not even invested anything. They just meet, say a few nice things to each other and we are suppose to see that as Sanji's sunshine amongst his evil family? Nope, not buying this cheesy scenery. Also the over extension by Oda to try and make pudding out to be so evil, wow, "lulz don't get blood all over the place when i kill you cuzz mamamz is gonna destroy the entire hall," lulz as if you gonna kill anybody and lulz like reiju is gonna give a pancake flip when she is dead, Oda. Stop.

Oh, wow, and the cliche brook lines about luffy pursuing his wants at all costs and sanji sacrificing himself for the sake of others, ALL THE WHILE WHAT APPEARS TO BE AN OFF-PANEL BATTLE WITH BIG MOM....a low tier SH vs AN EMPEROR...YEAH ONE OF THE FOUR MOST POWERFUL PIRATES IN THE WORLD. WITH HER CLOUDS OUT! Oda you make your top characters so gritty and powerful, I'm hyped.

Jinbei is a wimp....Nami is a wuss crying like that, as if she was really going to die, who is gonna feel for her? Luffy's retarded as usual, still beating the drum that luffy will do anything to save his nakama, even rip his arms off then die in the process and then can't save anybody.
    Lol, sorry, but you seem to be trying really hard hereThat's some overly forced trolling on your part. I hate to tell you this, but I think Pudding is a little bit better at being a convincing troll than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Yes you're correct, seeing Sanji cry is heartbreaking. But the question I can't get out of my head is what is making Sanji cry exactly?

1) Lifelong dream of eternal bliss with a beautiful girl shattered
    2) Dissing his crew in favor of a hot girl and getting his heart broken
    3) Fear of getting himself, family and crew killed the following day
    4) Mockery of his chivalry
    5) Getting played by a Yonkou

What exactly is the purpose of his tears, ffs he met the girl 48hours ago.
    It's a compounding effect. The guy has sacrificed his freedom for his father figure. His only conciliation was that noone would die and he would have one person who was on his side.

At once both of the crutches he was holding himself up with were taken away from him. Of course his first reaction is going to be despair.

Where does "Goat Overlord" come from? I don't think there was a goat overlord in the chapter.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

you have to re-read last week's chapter to fully get why sanji cried, i guess

in 850, he calls pudding his "only ray of light remaining." meaning that his only hope for living is with her

of course he sees her real intent, so sanji tries to light his cigarette to calm himself down

but it's raining, and he can't even get a light for that.

he's got no hope left (in his own mind--no crew, no family, and everyone important to him will die) so it pushes him over the edge to tears

on a side note, i am actually confident that the combined forces of luffy, jimbei, brook, sanji, chopper, and nami might be able to take the big mom pirates down this arc

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information