+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 850: Ray of Hope

Default Re: Chapter 850: Ray of Hope

While i didn't really think that Pudding was evil I really like this side of her. She went from one of the nicest characters to one of the scariest/sadistic. The only thing is for some reason I don't know why BM would do this to the Vinsmokes when she basically gets the clone formula with the marriage anyway. But whatevs.

As for Sanji as opposed to most people I'm liking Sanji more and more this arc. While he may not be making the best decisions its cool too see him truly defeated. At this point I think he has 4 options.

1: Confront Pudding and save Reiju: I don't really think this is likely just because not only does it make Sanji give his trump card away (knowing the plan but they don't know that he knows) but also because I think it is unlikely that he actually attacks Reiju... tho I think that this is the closest he has gotten to breaking his code and if he did I wound't be all that surprised but I don't think he will. The thing that hints at his tho is Reiju stumbling through the halls with a bloody leg. Idk if this chapter was essentially a flashback or whatever but I don't see rejig escaping while Pudding is there. So maybe Sanji steps in and saves reiju when Pudding leaves or something.

2: Save Luffy and Nami: Now that Sanji knows whats going down he might try and go save Luffy and Nami. I for some reason doubt this just because Zeff is still on the table to be killed.

3: Warn the Vinsmokes: I think this would a be a really cool way to go because then it could set up the Vinsmokes allying with the SH. Now I don't think that Sanji really cares about his family besides maybe REiju a little but having the Vinsmoes on his back would help the Sh to escape so if he saw past his hatred and allied with them I think that would be the 'smartest' thing he could do to get out of the situation. Ntm this would get the threat to Zeff off his back. As for the becoming a grand fleet member I think it would be be interesting to have judge eventually sacrifice/protect himself to help Sanji escape with the his friends. Then that would lead to the other Vinsmokes seeing their fathers love for him and then join the the SH. Maybe all the Vinsmokes pull a bon clay Idk but I think that would be a great way to go with the story. How likely it is? not very but just a fun thought.

4: Chopper finds Sanji: Chopper finds Sanji and then they hatch a plan to save everyone. As for that plan idk what it would be.

I once was 100% solid on Bm not going down. I thought it would be too soon not enough allies. While I'm still not sold on it I think that this makes it a lot more likely because of the potential ally with the Vimsmokes and bege. Not to mention Jinebi is somewhere and Ceaser's storyline has yet to yield fruit

also the obligatory "i told you so" for pudding being evil, i saw it back when she led them to that dangerous forest in an attempt to trap them in it and her unusually kind and bland characterization. honestly if she didn't turn out evil i would've been pretty desapointed because she would've been the most boring one piece character. so kudos to oda lol.

One oink, one squeal Double-Dudes's Avatar

Ooo I love this. Feels like it's been forever since Oda did this kind of "flip our exceptations upside down mid-arc"-thing. Most of the New World has been fairly straightforward, the bad guys that were introduced were the bad guys. This feels like Water 7 all over.

Quote Originally Posted by HacheBe View Post
    While i didn't really think that Pudding was evil I really like this side of her. She went from one of the nicest characters to one of the scariest/sadistic. The only thing is for some reason I don't know why BM would do this to the Vinsmokes when she basically gets the clone formula with the marriage anyway. But whatevs.

As for Sanji as opposed to most people I'm liking Sanji more and more this arc. While he may not be making the best decisions its cool too see him truly defeated. At this point I think he has 4 options.

1: Confront Pudding and save Reiju: I don't really think this is likely just because not only does it make Sanji give his trump card away (knowing the plan but they don't know that he knows) but also because I think it is unlikely that he actually attacks Reiju... tho I think that this is the closest he has gotten to breaking his code and if he did I wound't be all that surprised but I don't think he will. The thing that hints at his tho is Reiju stumbling through the halls with a bloody leg. Idk if this chapter was essentially a flashback or whatever but I don't see rejig escaping while Pudding is there. So maybe Sanji steps in and saves reiju when Pudding leaves or something.

2: Save Luffy and Nami: Now that Sanji knows whats going down he might try and go save Luffy and Nami. I for some reason doubt this just because Zeff is still on the table to be killed.

3: Warn the Vinsmokes: I think this would a be a really cool way to go because then it could set up the Vinsmokes allying with the SH. Now I don't think that Sanji really cares about his family besides maybe REiju a little but having the Vinsmoes on his back would help the Sh to escape so if he saw past his hatred and allied with them I think that would be the 'smartest' thing he could do to get out of the situation. Ntm this would get the threat to Zeff off his back. As for the becoming a grand fleet member I think it would be be interesting to have judge eventually sacrifice/protect himself to help Sanji escape with the his friends. Then that would lead to the other Vinsmokes seeing their fathers love for him and then join the the SH. Maybe all the Vinsmokes pull a bon clay Idk but I think that would be a great way to go with the story. How likely it is? not very but just a fun thought.

4: Chopper finds Sanji: Chopper finds Sanji and then they hatch a plan to save everyone. As for that plan idk what it would be.

I once was 100% solid on Bm not going down. I thought it would be too soon not enough allies. While I'm still not sold on it I think that this makes it a lot more likely because of the potential ally with the Vimsmokes and bege. Not to mention Jinebi is somewhere and Ceaser's storyline has yet to yield fruit

I seriously think that Sanji will go and tell the Vinsmokes but they will not believe him. I think they will just say that he is trying to get out of the marriage bla bla bla. At that point of despair out comes chopper from a mirror!!! lets see :D

Extra terrible Mangastream swearing than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Extra terrible Mangastream swearing than usual.
    Agreed. It was "fucking" unecessary.

So many pages already.

Well, didnt expect Puddin' to be this corrupt. There was always the possibility she was hiding her true self, though. Oda made it seem like she was a nice person every step of the way.

I like how it turned out it was BM who was planning a betrayal after all. So much for being an honorable pirate.

Wonder if her own devious nature turns against her by the end of this arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I think anyone who believes this sudden turn with Pudding is a plot hole or doesn't make sense is fooling themselves.

Every single enemy in One Piece has underestimated Luffy. If every antagonist (maybe barring some Crocodile moments) took Luffy seriously at the start then Luffy would have died looong ago. Big Mom and her crew are one of the strongest in the world, and have literally nothing to fear from letting Luffy sail into their territory. Big Mom even says it herself, she was curious when Luffy showed up without his full crew. Combine that with the fact that she literally has eyes everywhere, why would it matter if Luffy came to WCI? He's got a 500m bounty, his crew is inexperienced, and she has an entire army at her disposal on top of her own powers.

Now we as readers know this is not the case, and Luffy will obviously beat all odds, but think of it from Big Mom's perspective. Now factoring in Pudding, now we know she's been fucking with them from the beginning. Considering that the overall theme of Big Mom's crew seems to be insanity, it's very much in Pudding and her mother's nature to fuck with things for pleasure, not because it's logical to do so.

Now let's look at Pudding and all the red flags Oda has put down.

1) Pudding never got an Oda-Box.
    2) Pudding gave a very shady retelling of her first meeting with Sanji that was half-assed. Shit like "oh his black legs" and "oh his heart eyes" while the meeting itself was entirely silhouetted for us, the readers.
    3) We knew all along Pudding was the three-eyed girl. The scene we first see her in is with Big Mom eating people (homies, likely) as they scream out and she closes her eyes like "bitch, really?". Given this, it was strange how she suddenly got super afraid of Luffy being a "scaredy pirate" and threatening them with a knife when her mom is a fucking Empress of the ocean.
    4) Pudding gives them a map that will magically get them to WCI. Now this works a lot better than Big Mom saying "sure come on in, I wanna see what you're made of" because it's more organic. Luffy and co. feel like they have a shot at getting into WCI and they go for it, as opposed to being threatened right from the start. Again, Big Mom and Pudding send them to the seducing woods where all sorts of fuckery happens. An "inescapable" maze where Big Mom can watch them get worn out while tormenting them at the same time with Brulee's annoying powers.
    5) Pudding doesn't show up at the coast. We're given a scene of her saying "there's something I have to do", but nowhere is this indicated that this is meeting up with the Strawhats.
    6) Pudding acts "different" when her hair is down. Notice that she says only her "family" know about her true personality. In all the scenes you see her in, she's around other people including her attendant in the chapter where she's on the balcony. Now I'm not sure if this is a mistranslation (someone here mentioned this), but I'd be surprised if it's actually only Big Mom that knows as opposed to the family. This would explain why she puts up a front in front of Opera in these latest chapters. Why does she hide it? Who knows. Doubt she could function well in society being all kinds of fucked up otherwise.
    7) Pudding had a third eye she was hiding all along. Throwing herself at Sanji's feet as this genuine, caring person while hiding shit from him is fishy.

It's like this, if I'm playing with my food I can eat it whenever I want. It's not going anywhere, and it's either going to be on my plate or in my belly when I so choose to eat it. I can fuck around with my mash potatoes all day long before I eventually eat them. Same principle. Luffy poses no threat to Big Mom and she could have taken him out any time. Is that a plot hole? No. Big Mom, and apparently Pudding, enjoy messing around.

It's a great turn of events! Gotta love the evil Pudding.

Hidden:

What's with Pudding's blob thing?

The presence of her third eye definitely seems too ominous for anything else to be true other than the fact that she's evil. To the point where I think I'm going to have dreams of being spoken to by her, up close, and have all my feelings be betrayed.

But here's the infamous page people keep remembering:

Maybe people will have better thoughts about it, if it's right here in the thread (which I haven't fully read). To me, after looking at it harder, could be just a reflection of Pudding's. However, also Big Mom's words make it seem like she is mind-controlling Pudding, and mention of being like a doll. Maybe she has a programmable third eye. She's worried about Lola being killed, but it's not like she's evil only by being controlled by BM; she would have a sense of care for other family; also, just because her third eye is covered up, doesn't mean that it can't be gesturing the same expressions of her other two eyes. The entire page seems dedicated to throwing off the reader (but doesn't mean it's dubious in-realm, as looking back through it shows), which is especially needed for the part where she talks to Luffy/Nami; otherwise it'd be way more obvious that she's evil, rather than having the full impact during this one chapter. The whole point of it being an act is to throw off people that she despises, and everything left after that is a character flaw of obeying a master/her mother, rather than having actual feelings for Sanji or whoever else (and Sanji can't use the excuse of being able to see through a woman's emotions/tears, because he's never met one with 3 eyes before. Unless he somehow makes her fall for him anyway, because of Reasons: "A man... forgives a woman's lies!"). I can't say much about Reiju, unless I make another post after reading into all of that topic.

Though at the same time, there are "small" details with her sitting in the chair, and having a super small drawing of a black blur, being the blob thing, both of which astute readers could pick up on. Anyway, it's really hard to tell because Pudding lacks any real expressions in this panel.
    Last edited by Audity; December 22nd, 2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Thus concludes my

I think the fact that Opera is just watching without any reaction to Luffy cursing Pudding for having tricked them can be a proof that Pudding is not acting on being evil, all the Big Mom pirates knew everything from the start. So Big Mom is really planning to annihilate the Vinsmoke. But then, Pudding may be secretely wishing her freedom in her own twisted way and planning something with Chiffon and Capone, that would explain that flashback of Lola.

A single BENTO will make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like others have said, I'm hoping that Oda sticks to Pudding's evil characterization and that she gets a satisfyingly painful comeuppance for her vile behavior...

...but let's be real. It's Oda, so you'll never see a pretty woman get beaten to a pulp unless it's for drama.

Quote Originally Posted by HacheBe View Post
    I just think of Whitebeard they won't have a chance.

All they'll have a chance at is at escaping.

I don't think she is as evil as she is pictured right now. She has absolutely no reason to tell Reiju anything about the plan, except if she wants the plan to fail. She is sick of being Big Moms doll and wants to be free, that's why she remembered Lola and thats her chance. She also had no reason to tell Luffy anything, but she did it to provoke him, because she knew that if Sanjis life is in danger Luffy will do everything to save him. Now Luffy is trying to break out, before that he was just sitting there and doing nothing.
    The last page of the previous chapter, where Reiju is seen, happend after this chapter. Pudding let her go, so now Rejiu can warn her family and the war between Big Mom and Vinsmokes can start.
    While Big Mom and Vinsmokes are fighting, Bege will take the chance and do whatever he planned. The Strawhats can escape with Pudding, Jinbe and I hope with Pekoms, but that's unlikely.

I just can't see any other reason why she'd tell anything to anyone or why she' would cry. Perhaps this just because my mind is simple and isn't twisted as Odas.
    Personally, I don't care whether Pudding is evil or not, I like her as a character either way.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

What if, and this is a big what if, Brule mirror world has a mirror connection to where Zeff is? This would ease Sanji and leave him only with the handcuffs issue...

Quote Originally Posted by jiraya_san View Post
    What if, and this is a big what if, Brule mirror world has a mirror connection to where Zeff is? This would ease Sanji and leave him only with the handcuffs issue...
    Its stated in the chapter it only extends to all the mirrors on WCI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraudo Sutoraifu View Post
    *snip*
    Ha, yeah, I definitely remember some user mentioning how vague and generic Pudding's recounting of her meeting with Sanji was, as if she was just blindly reading off a checklist. The pieces definitely come together.

Check out my channel!!
    "Yeah I'm Awesome like that!!!"

The more each chapter passes by, the more worried I get that Luffy's missing tooth is going to be a permanent thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information