+ Reply to Thread
Page 919 of 932 FirstFirst ... 419 819 869 909 917 918 919 920 921 929 ... LastLast
Results 18,361 to 18,380 of 18634

Thread: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics thread: No Nazis Allowed

Bill Taylor is willing to testify publicly in impeachment probe

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/polit...cly/index.html

The top US diplomat in Ukraine, Bill Taylor, is willing to return to Capitol Hill to testify publicly, according to a source familiar with his thinking, making him a potential key early witness for Democrats as they shift their impeachment inquiry into a public phase.

There has not been a request yet made for Taylor to testify publicly, according to the source. But Democrats privately say that Taylor would be a logical choice for one of the first witnesses when the House begins public impeachment hearings. He meticulously documented how he believed the White House had linked Ukraine's announcing an investigation that could help the President politically with unfreezing of US security aide and a one-on-one meeting between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Donald Trump changes his residence to Florida, which makes way too much sense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/31/u...residence.html

He was Florida Man all along.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

So here's a funny Trump thing, The idiot misspelled "Republican" as "Rupublican" in a tweet, and now RuPaul and all her bitches are milking it for all it's worth:
    https://www.comicsands.com/rupublica...fSrwQUTR3cH7FE

Cause dude, I would TOTALLY join the RuPublican party.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

And Governor Andrew Cuomo had the perfect response:
    https://secondnexus.com/news/andrew-...CGjh83GPLmZRAw

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    So here's a funny Trump thing, The idiot misspelled "Republican" as "Rupublican" in a tweet, and now RuPaul and all her bitches are milking it for all it's worth:
    https://www.comicsands.com/rupublica...fSrwQUTR3cH7FE

Cause dude, I would TOTALLY join the RuPublican party.
    You mean the RuPaulblican party.

Well, New York hates him, so...

Also, tax schemes.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Actually, the weirdest part of it is that he would choose to live in a state with more Hispanic people in it.

Actually, the weirdest part of it is that he would choose to live in a state with more Hispanic people in it.
    He's never leaving his estate, and the only hispanics he sees will be working for him, what does he care?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Florida has a homestead law where you can't lose your primary residence when declaring bankruptcy and speculation is that our Great Dealmaker Businessman President is going to take advantage of that as the walls close in.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Beto's ending his primary bid (which went to weird devil-may-care places at the end), and Harris is scaling back her campaign in New Hampshire.

Also, turns out that not only was Tim Ryan running in the primary, he quit today.

Beto should’ve listened to me and my services are available to all other candidates

Everyone but Biden, Warren and maybe Bernie should drop out of the primary race.

I say maybe for Bernie solely because of that heart attack he had.

But nobody outside of those 3 has a chance anymore at this point so continuing the Clown Car approach to this is just divisive and stupid. It's exactly what got us Trump in the first place.

There were too many options and the reasonable people were spread too thin across them so the most hateful shitlords were able to rally behind the worst candidate and win with a plurality.

Not a single Democrat is as bad as Trump no matter what anyone tries to tell you, but this is still not exactly a good thing because it's going to further the bitter tribalism that is what is currently crippling the Left.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Isn't a bit early to start droppoing? You can probably still built a certain level of presence for a future run.

Being that it's november and the general is literally next november? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Isn't a bit early to start droppoing? You can probably still built a certain level of presence for a future run.
    I mean, I suppose that's true.

No matter who wins the primary, Trump is winning the general so I guess it makes sense to be thinking more towards the 2024 election than the current one.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

That's a much more depressing thought that what I was going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I mean, I suppose that's true.

No matter who wins the primary, Trump is winning the general so I guess it makes sense to be thinking more towards the 2024 election than the current one.
    Just to dispel the doomsaying, I feel I should offer a reminder that Trump is historically unpopular to the point that there is ever increasing desire for his impeachment, however successful it ends up being, and that as recently as a month ago is trailing behind generic Democrats by 11 points, and Fox News poll from two months ago showed Trump losing to every Democratic frontrunner including Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Kamala Harris.

Trump can win, yes, but it is by no means a lock.
    Last edited by sgamer82; November 3rd, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Just to dispel the doomsaying, I feel I should offer a reminder that Trump is historically unpopular to the point that there is ever increasing desire for his impeachment, however successful it ends up being, and that as recently as a month ago is trailing behind generic Democrats by 11 points, and Fox News poll from two months ago showed Trump losing to every Democratic frontrunner including Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Kamala Harris.

Trump can win, yes, but it is by no means a lock.
    And everything said Hillary should've won as well. There really is a portion of the country that supports trumpy but aren't vocal about it.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    And everything said Hillary should've won as well. There really is a portion of the country that supports trumpy but aren't vocal about it.
    Not quite true. Trump still had a 30% chance of victory in that election, if I'm remembering correctly. So while the odds favored Clinton, Trump still had a legitimate chance that ended up being the case. Chances that were helped along by things like Comey's last minute announcements about But Her Emails.

Waldorf:

The polls said Hillary wold sweep Trump too and that didn't happen.

The problem has been and remains that there is a very loyal chunk of the Right that LOVES him and thinks he can do no wrong, an even bigger chunk of the Right who knows he's crap but supports him because he's not a Democrat through sheer party loyalty and that coalition is strong.

Meanwhile the Left can't stop infighting. They are excellent and sticking to coalitions and we aren't. The Left is too fractured and unwilling to compromise.

When one of the frontrunners wins, the supporters of the losers will start shouting about the problematic issues of the one who did win. If that winner isn't Bernie there will be calls about "Corrupt DNC cheated Bernie!" which will further divide. The media loves a horse race since it gets them good ratings, so they'll jump onto this and amplify those voices and pretty soon the overarching narrate will once again be:

"Both sides just as bad! Nobody to vote for! Giant Meteor 2020!!"

This'll scare off anyone who might have voted for the democrat into either not voting or writing in someone else.

But the Republicans who again have PLENTY of people who are willing to vote for a shitty candidate as long as they have an (R) next to their name will vote Trump to own the Libs.

I'm extremely depressed about this and would love to be proven wrong, but that's just how it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information