+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 848 - "Goodbye"

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 848 - "Goodbye"

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    And whereas the giant tribes may not be THAT powerful forces on the overall grand scheme, all of them combined together may look very, very different.
    This is precisely why I'm pretty sure that an alliance with the Giants overall would be a pretty big deal to other world powers in the One Piece universe even though most of the Giants we've seen so far are pretty much fodder to Admirals and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Just noticed this.

We can't really be sure BM hates giants as a race. For starters, the question is are giants missing from Totland because BM hates them or is it giants who hate BM for some reason and thus avoid Totland.

Wouldn't she be more like "Fuck giants!" when replying to Judge, and less making excuses and sighing? Not to mention she threw a lot of money at CC so he could make her some giants. It seemed like she cared about the results a lot.

At the moment it feels more like resentment over some kind of a rejection than pure racial hate.
    It could also be insecurity about being a Giant. Like the several theories thrown around by users like Sandman about how Big Mom, in a similar fashion to Sanji, was persecuted by her family/society due to her smaller size or something (thus making a thematic connection between the arc's focus on family between the Charlottes and Vinsmokes). The reason why she may want a family that she can see eye-eye is to help cope with how she actually struggles with, not just the Giant race, but herself as a Giant and would prefer envisioning her identity as something else entirely. I mean, who knows. Maybe the epithet "BIG Mom" is trying to compensate for something. Hell, even Judge's obsession with making genetically perfect children and making Sanji work "thousands of times harder" before finally giving up on him gives me the vibe of him trying to vicariously live through them like an obsessive sports dad and trying to compensate for something himself, especially since his wife got sick and we still barely know anything about her or the Germa's mysterious history of antagonism with the Marines (I detect a second Vinsmoke flashback incoming...).

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

If Big Mom's a giant wouldn't all her children be half-giant? Because most of them seem pretty normal-sized for that being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    If Big Mom's a giant wouldn't all her children be half-giant? Because most of them seem pretty normal-sized for that being the case.
    Looks like we need Maury on this.

I personally think Big Mom's a bit too, well, big to not be a Giantess even compared to Moria. Especially due to her connection to Giants, and the fact that Kaido just happens to be another breed of Giant (which I can see connecting the two somehow as well as Caesar in general). But beyond that. I can't really say.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

The Soul King Returns!!!!!
    Ever since the time skip when brock had ladies fainting I really though it was some kind of King's Disposition Haki, but seeing another use of his ability this way is awesome.

And pudding, yea, she's basically sacrifice herself. Whether at her own hands or suicide by Big Momma it does not matter. She's made up her mind to defy her nevertheless.

"He is now declaring his words to the WORLD!"

I hope there's a very interesting/strong character in that book (like a big teddy bear in the cover?lol) who will be the next nakama (with Jinbe). ^_^

Btw,

Pudding: "We'll just kill ourselves, Romeo and Juliet style."

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Looks like we need Maury on this.

I personally think Big Mom's a bit too, well, big to not be a Giantess even compared to Moria. Especially due to her connection to Giants, and the fact that Kaido just happens to be another breed of Giant (which I can see connecting the two somehow as well as Caesar in general). But beyond that. I can't really say.
    Doesn't seem like the difference in size between her and Moria is that big.

It's not easy to base anything on sizes, considering how little Oda cares for being precise when drawing big humans. And of course, not saying he should waste time calculating heights and ratios between them every time he draws a big person and a normal person in the same panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Doesn't seem like the difference in size between her and Moria is that big.

It's not easy to base anything on sizes, considering how little Oda cares for being precise when drawing big humans. And of course, not saying he should waste time calculating heights and ratios between them every time he draws a big person and a normal person in the same panel.
    Of course, of course. But I've come around to considering her as some type of Giant since even users like Sandman refer to her as such. Even though it could still be a mistake on their part. We really have no real proof as of yet.

Spoiler:

So, BM won't let anything dampen her spirits because she will get Tamatebako, Germa and an awesome cake.

So, Tamatebako is going to blow up into her face, we know she won't get her hands on Germa and I'm starting to question if she will get even a taste of that cake.

Oh she's gonna be pissed.

So, BM won't let anything dampen her spirits because she will get Tamatebako, Germa and an awesome cake.

So, Tamatebako is going to blow up into her face, we know she won't get her hands on Germa and I'm starting to question if she will get even a taste of that cake.

Her illness is going to make her crave wedding cake. Probably cooked by Sanji. Pretty sure about that.

Spoiler:

Yeah, she's going to go absolutely insane. Far moreso than the "Moe, Larry, the cheese!" rampage we saw earlier. It'll take more than food to calm her down this time.

Mama's "illness' is just an overdramatic fit. Like a big baby not getting their toy. How would the alliance happen if it was not something to be treated, just Mama's whim. Moscato's situation has another view considering she would send someone to kill Lola.

Chopper goes to Mom and she says: Ill? i just want cake! Life or treat?" Chopper gets scared, she pulls his soul, gets stopped by X, chaos continues.

Oh, but given that Chopper is actually an animal, they can put his soul back in, this gets him to awaken Haki.

*hail mary thrown*
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Default Re: One Piece Chapter 848 "Goodbye"

Just noticed this.

We can't really be sure BM hates giants as a race. For starters, the question is are giants missing from Totland because BM hates them or is it giants who hate BM for some reason and thus avoid Totland.

Wouldn't she be more like "Fuck giants!" when replying to Judge, and less making excuses and sighing? Not to mention she threw a lot of money at CC so he could make her some giants. It seemed like she cared about the results a lot.

At the moment it feels more like resentment over some kind of a rejection than pure racial hate.
    Regardless, she still put a Longlimb in her private collection as well as a few rare human species, so there's that too.

If that theory that Smoothie is a Longlimb ends up being true, I wonder if the one in the book is her father.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Regardless, she still put a Longlimb in her private collection as well as a few rare human species, so there's that too.
    Oh I'm not disputing she's fucked up.

At first I wondered why a leader of such a diverse kingdom would keep some specimens captive. Wouldn't it make more sense if they could roam free around Totland for every Totlandian and visitor to see and marvel. Then it dawned on me. They probably wanted to leave. And nobody says no to Big Mom.

Then there's that prison shelf in the library. Luffy and Nami are on a page 55 of a book that probably has around 100 pages, since they seem to be around the middle. Each 2 pages contain one cell. And there are at least 2 other books on that shelf, maybe even more. That means BM has couple of hundred prisoners (of course, not all of the cells need to be filled). Are they criminals or simply people who don't want to live in Totland?

Seems to me that Totland is far from a peachy place as it seems to be on the surface. Reminds me of that witch from Hansel and Gretel (we call them Ivica and Marica). Her house was made of chocolate and cookies from the outside, but on the inside she was eating children.

At first I wondered why a leader of such a diverse kingdom would keep some specimens captive. Wouldn't it make more sense if they could roam free around Totland for every Totlandian and visitor to see and marvel. Then it dawned on me. They probably wanted to leave. And nobody says no to Big Mom.
    I totally don't get what you're saying. You know, I'm actually a resident of Totland and coincidentally these days I decided to leave this place. And no one showed even the slightest hostility towards my decision. They even drop all my late fees if I only finally bring back my books to the library. Well, let's go then... to the library...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    I totally don't get what you're saying. You know, I'm actually a resident of Totland and coincidentally these days I decided to leave this place. And no one showed even the slightest hostility towards my decision. They even drop all my late fees if I only finally bring back my books to the library. Well, let's go then... to the library...
    Lmao

Big Mom, why does everyone who wants to leave just vanishes after going to the library?

You probably just missed them!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Lmao

Big Mom, why does everyone who wants to leave just vanishes after going to the library?

You probably just missed them!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I really, REALLY don't want Big Mom to pull a Sugar. Especially since she is all about deals, respecting selfish desires, wanting "equal" exchanges, and honoring her word

Also, I don't think it's as simple as that due to how the creatures in her books are VERY rare. Not even major races or anything but mostly one of a kind, special hybrids, are isolated in one spot. Seeing as how I don't see these races even wanting to integrate themselves into Totland or wanting to, I think there's more to it.

Of course, there could be plenty of prisoners like Luffy and Nami... Seriously, Oda, don't cheapen why Big Mom is such an unique and cool antagonist.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by allbluebro View Post
    Mum's hat? The fact that it's alive? We've know that for a very long time.
    Huh? I forgot to elaborate. I meant the amazing and unknown way for Mum to grasp any knowledge or information surrounding her. You see that signal and for previous chapter, we know it isn't a Mushi. So it must be something related to an ability to the whole Homie community.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

"Sanji vs his father" on the cover page; is it official? Or was it added on MS?

Excellent chapter. I loved Brook's scene.
    Will Pudding's sacrifice finally make Sanji realize that he's dealing with psychos?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    "Sanji vs his father" on the cover page; is it official? Or was it added on MS?
    It's advertising Volume 83, which is when that fight happened.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Hidden:
    What has Capone done besides attempting to kill Pekoms... twice? An action condoned by the other members of the Big Mom Pirates, mind you. You just can't compare that to Big Mom actively racketeering and destroying entire kingdoms. That's really weak for a supposed major villain.

Also, what is the basis for her changing her personality just like that? What would Luffy need to do for that to happen? If we're gonna go that route, then I could apply the same logic for Capone, especially with him showing more care to his family in a single scene than Big Mom has ever did in the entire arc. There's a reason Chiffon and Praline are switching sides and being more supportive of their new family than their mother.

No offense to those who support Big Mom as an ally... it could happen in a far-off future with the right circumstances, but I just find ridiculous the notion that Big Mom is being built up as a victim in this arc, when the entire reason this plot is happening is because of her and she's by far the most oppressive element in it. She started this shit. If it weren't for her, Judge wouldn't go after Sanji, Capone wouldn't go after Sanji, Luffy wouldn't go after Sanji... and she's doing it just to acquire more power. Having Judge or Capone become the actual villains when everything they've been doing so far has been under the influence of Big Mom would feel like a big cop out, in my opinion.

Oh, and let's not forget the kind of people that Luffy opposes the most and ends up fighting anyway. Those who restrict the freedom of his friends. Guess what Big Mom has been doing this entire arc to Sanji, Jinbe, Pudding... I'm actually fully expecting Pudding to be the catalyst to give Luffy resolve to put her at the top of his list.

I do feel that she needs to pay, regardless of whether she changes in the end. She's responsible for most of the shit that's been happening. Sorry if this comes as too harsh.
    You believe that Luffy will defeat Big Mama this arc or just a scuffle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information