+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 846 - Egg Defense

Default Re: Chapter 846 - Egg Defense

This chapter was full of exposition and DFs, my favorite kind.

Poor King Baum... I'll never forget your sacrifice-ju!

So many good looking women from BM's crew! Oda's on a roll now with differing designs for the Charlotte kids, my favs being Praline and Smoothie (and she's got a high bounty to boot!). Does this mean we can say so long to Namiface and Robinface?

All these new DFs are super bizarre, like the power to use the sweetness of cream to burn people, creating a book world, and wringing the blood juice of a person to drink from. So far, the Charlotte family's got the best DF award from me.

Luffy's one tough son of a gun after getting beat like he did and still isn't unconscious. He's not gonna budge from that spot, but Luffy needs assistance from someone to help him out of this jam.

Sanji's plead for the SHs safety will probably be null and void after BM finds out that Brook and Pedro are trying to steal her Poneglyphs. Speaking of which...

BROOK AND PEDRO HYPE NEXT CHAPTER!
    The face of a Straw Hat.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    This chapter was full of exposition and DFs, my favorite kind.

So many good looking women from BM's crew! Oda's on a roll now with differing designs for the Charlotte kids, my favs being Praline and Smoothie (and she's got a high bounty to boot!). Does this mean we can say so long to Namiface and Robinface?

All these new DFs are super bizarre, like the power to use the sweetness of cream to burn people, creating a book world, and wringing the blood juice of a person to drink from. So far, the Charlotte family's got the best DF award from me.
    Unfortunately, I doubt this is the end of Nami and Robin-faces. Despite how alluring Smoothie looks, upon closer inspection, her face gives me Violet vibes. Her hair, clothing, and physique do a great job of drawing attention away from that though.

And you say that about these Devil Fruits now. But once Kaido's crew shows up in full with the Calamities having Power Rangers-style prehistoric animal transformations, everyone will go gaga for them.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Now this was a good chapter, liked it alot.

Brook and Pedro were really cool at the end and the BM's army was pretty awesome. Smoothie too. Can't wait for the next chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Al!naJames View Post
    Wow good job dude I'm impressed. I'm really impressed you were able to draw a full shot of Smoothie from just a few panels in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    I'm confused by Opera's power. What does it do, exactly: shower people with fresh cream ? At first I was expecting a thick paste akin to Trebol's beta-beta or a liquid to drown foes in, yet Luffy seemed to feel a burn so maybe boiling cream ? But then Opera mentions sweetness, which I completely don't get, and afterwards he mentions Luffy will be "charred to a crisp". Either the translation is ambiguous, or I've missed an obvious clue ; either way I am at a loss
    Clearly he's a scalding hot panna cotta man

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    It's the hat. Trust me.
    The moral is to never underestimate the value of a good hat

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Hair View Post
    Wow good job dude I'm impressed. I'm really impressed you were able to draw a full shot of Smoothie from just a few panels in the manga.
    Well, it's just my interpretation, I can be totally off with her middle part.
    Thanks!

It seems a secret message from Oda to Shimabukuro (Toriko's author) is hidden behind the cover page.
    Toriko's final chapter is included in the same issue.

The message is "Thank you Shimabukuro for Toriko!!"
    http://mangastream.com/r/one_piece/846/3811/1

- Striped Pig

It represents "Shima-Boo", known as a nickname for Shimabukuro.
    "Shima" means stripe and "Boo" is an onomatopoeia for pig's cry in Japanese.

39 represents "Thank you".
    3 and 9 are pronounced as San (さん) and Kyu (きゅー) in Japanese.
    3 (さん San) 9(きゅー Kyu)=さんきゅー(Sankyu)
    "Thank you" is written as さんきゅー(サンキュー) in Japanese..

- 5 Birds

They represent "Toriko".
    Bird is called 鳥(Tori) in Japanese.
    5 is pronounced as Go in Japanese.
    Tori 5= Toriko (Torigo)

Quote Originally Posted by Snir View Post
    what's with the cover page? Pen name is Oda?

help sandman...
    The pen name is Oda. When Oda drew this cover page, he asked Toriko's author, "What's your favorite animal?". He answered "I love rabbits."

Request to Oda: "Please draw rabbits M.S. loves." (M.S. seems like an abbreviation of Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro.)
    It's funny that this request comes from Oda himself.
    Last edited by sandman; November 17th, 2016 at 02:45 PM.

This arc is based on thriller bark

Quote Originally Posted by dan2026 View Post
    The book one seems the most interesting. (bukku bukku no mi?)
    You are able to put people inside some sort of fantasy novel world.
    Or is it an illusion?
    Looks like an illusion because the 2 towers were not part of the book but could reach Luffy easely

Seeing Smoothie wring fluids out of that woman's body reminded me of Tsuru's Wash Wash abilities, and to a lesser extent The Juicer from That's so Raven. That's horrifying.

As everyone mentioned, the Enraged army has some interesting abilities. It was great seeing Nami participate in the fight, though I wish we got to see her giant thunderbolt. I winced when Luffy got Haki-sandwiched by those two family members.

Things are getting tougher and tougher for the gang, I wonder how Pedro and Brook will get through the security.
    Last edited by Salamenace; November 17th, 2016 at 01:36 PM.

In a way her enraged army sorta feels a little weak? Or well maybe not weak, but not as threatening as it should be.

I mean if the Sauronhats, Sunkist, Law, the other guys on the rescue and Jinbei showed up they would've had a fight on their hands.

A fight it's not immediately certain that they could've come out on the winning side of. Even if Juice lady and Cracker was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Al!naJames View Post
    wow dude, good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    if i remember correctly,we saw robin touching one of those,and she wasn't effected,hence that can't be seastone
    Correcto-mundo. I wasn't really paying attention to what I wrote, jajaja.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    1- Its the New World, where DFs are far more common than in Paradise, just as Grand Line in general has far more DFs opposed to Blues that rarely see them. Let remember we saw a lot of them in the fleet that occampanied WB (both in his crew and their allies)

2- Its a yonkou's crew, not just any crew but her children. While we've not seen any in Shanks crew (could be because they were introduced early in storyline and didn't want (or plan on) too many DFs that early. And Whitebeard seemed to have the policy that if a person found a DF its their choice to eat it or sell it. I can picture Big Mom being different than both of them and go out of her way to ensure her children have DFs.
    I was talking about of how random and bizarre they are. The DFs at the beggining were pretty basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrimus View Post
    How many years has it been since the last nakama...?

The last thing they need is another fencer... Jinbei 2020
    As it stands now, he hasn't had some personally dramatic past from which the mugiwaras rescue him. If he does become the next one, it'll be the exception, and he will always be seen as that. Then again I need to read the entire series again; but I certainly remember pretty vividly, still, all the current members' pasts/recruitment.
    Thus concludes my

This outcome was to be expected but unfortunately we didn't get to witness Nami's new weather control.

Brook is ready to risk it all and Chobro is still running around somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luffy and Nami took out almost the entire army.

Luffy isn't unconscious yet so I'll wait to see what he will do.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    In a way her enraged army sorta feels a little weak? Or well maybe not weak, but not as threatening as it should be.

I mean if the Sauronhats, Sunkist, Law, the other guys on the rescue and Jinbei showed up they would've had a fight on their hands.

A fight it's not immediately certain that they could've come out on the winning side of. Even if Juice lady and Cracker was there.
    well,usually a Sweet Commander is supposed to be there with the army,but i suppose because of the security detail for the poneglyph,Smoothie was unable to go.similar case may be for Starchie.
    i doubt anyone could stand on equal standing mano-a-mano against Smoothie and Starchie
    but imo,that Amande is very terrifying.i think she is very strong and dangerous,and could easily take on the likes of law and Jimbei.
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    We just got definitive proof that when Big Mom promises something she upholds it.

They straight out said Pedro got to live and leave because Big Mom gave Pekoms that promise.

Now Roof will absolutely break the terms of that promise, and prehaps Capone will go behind her back. But her word is apparently solid.
    i'm waiting to know what happened to jinbe and the promise she made to let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    i'm waiting to know what happened to jinbe and the promise she made to let him go.
    You don't have to. Pedro is alive, and walking free. Her words worth is established.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information