+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47

Thread: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

Default Re: Talk LGBT Issues And Be F*king Nice About It

I remember hearing about a bissexual youtuber I follow being called a "Fake Gay"

Since the topic (kind of?) came up, I'm kind of curious how people here understand the term Pansexual.

Mostly because it's something I found to be obvious (as I identify as pan), but recently it came to my attention that a lot of people treat it like it's the same thing as bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Since the topic (kind of?) came up, I'm kind of curious how people here understand the term Pansexual.

Mostly because it's something I found to be obvious (as I identify as pan), but recently it came to my attention that a lot of people treat it like it's the same thing as bi.
    I understand it as your more attracted to someone character than gender.

I understand it as attraction to people without regard for sex/gender, as opposed to bi where you're likely mainly attracted to men and women sex-wise.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

I didn't even know there was a thing called pansexual.

But the name sounds like it implies that you'd do anything to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    Humans can be amazingly dumb creatures. There are examples of transphobia among gay people as well, which is equally astounding. So far I've only really encountered with ignorance (when I told one guy that I'm a transman, he legit asked me: "So... you had your dick cut off?").
    There is alot of that "my struggle can't be compared to your struggle" going around. You'd think that opressed groups would feel some sorta kinship but i guess not huh.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I remember hearing about a bissexual youtuber I follow being called a "Fake Gay"
    Damn fake gays ruining the natural order of the pureblooded homosexuals.

I treat them as the same to be honest. I date anyone, etc. I'm bisexual/pansexual myself. It's probably because how I view gender and sex, and I'm not gonna get into that.

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

I recently joined a LGBT+ club at school! I learned that thanks to this club, people can use their preferred name and pronouns on paperwork! Which is pretty sweet! :3

Which means I can have my new name be used than my old one. Both are female names, but I fucked up the first time I changed my name, sooooo this is good for me.

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

After a bit of a complication, I'm happy to say I'm finally feeling good. Not 100%, I still can't strain myself and am afraid to eat beans, but my hormones seem to be behaving.
    The whole procedure (hysto-oopho-salpyngectomy) cost me more than I expected but some financial help from my mother helped greatly. Still, I'm glad to have it behind me. No more visits to the gynecologists~

I'm not sure my current wellbeing is more of a "I've been feeling crappy for months and now I'm feeling less crappy thus having the illusion of feeling better than I've ever felt" or it's a genuine improvement. It seems for the first time in my life, I can relax a little. No school, steady job, good friends and good health. I feel I'm closer to achieving self-realization than I've ever been before.

Which gives me the perfect opportunity to go out and seek a partner. So I went ahead and made my friends shoot some pictures of me (that came out awesomely, kudos to them), and re-registered on multiple dating apps/sites. It's been around 2 months and... sigh, it's tiring, although it doesn't get me down as much as previously. The apps themselves are pretty good, all things considered, especially Gayromeo, no subscription or unlimited version needed. Grindr is less useful, and some of the options I'd like are limited to the paid versions (which I'm unwilling to buy). Okcupid seem to be pretty much dead as far as I noticed, which is a shame, since it seems the highest quality out of every dating app. I'm pondering on getting back on Tinder, but I had the least success with that and without being able to message someone unless matched, it just isn't worth the time in my opinion.

The apps are fine. The people on them, less so. It's one thing to not answer (although I try to be fair and just say no when I don't fancy someone) but why do they keep ghosting me after a week? I try to arrange a meeting as soon as possible to see if there's chemistry, but few are willing to meet up for a coffee or tea. It's frustrating, but I'm able to move on (again and again) and try out other things, like that gay club I'm in that has meetups almost every week.

I still feel I'm miles ahead of my older self when it comes to dating, so I guess it's not all wasted.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information