Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 APCT Semifinal and Final Round Discussion Thread - Current Character Chaos

Default Re: 2016 APCT Semifinal and Final Round Discussion Thread - Current Character Chaos

Sanji deserves to win.

Default Re: 2016 APCT Semifinal and Final Round Discussion Thread - Current Character Chaos

I dunno, all he's really done this year is get beaten up by his dad.

Sanji is too busy being the damsel in distress to win the tournament.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Carrot didn't do better this year as well.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

I don't even like Sanji much, but I feel compelled to vote for him because I don't want a new character winning like in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    I dunno, all he's really done this year is get beaten up by his dad.
    I'm sure oda said it's the year of sanji because we will find out the mystery of his birth, not because he will shine combat wise. the combat year of sanji could be 2017.

And we didn't see the final of the battle, but based on sanji's small wounds, it wasn't much of a beating.

Default Re: FINAL MATCH! Vinsmoke Sanji vs. Carrot!

Geez, I hope Sanji gets >150 votes and Carrot >100 votes, just to make it a little more significant. Speaking of:

Yeah tournament participation has been on the decline. I joined in the final days of 09's tournament, and the threads had a LOT more pages and campaigns. This year some matches have barely cracked 1 page.

We also finally had our 0-vote winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    We also finally had our 0-vote winner.
    I'd call that and Nami losing by one vote to be some of the highlights.

The highlight was Weatheria Wizards beating the shit out of Barto's Granny.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Yeah tournament participation has been on the decline. I joined in the final days of 09's tournament, and the threads had a LOT more pages and campaigns. This year some matches have barely cracked 1 page.
    Well the question is... Is only the tournament on the decline?

I think the whole forum is... Most of us "elders" do not have the time to post like in the past and the "younger" posters are afraid of the "strict" rules here around (which I enjoy)

Just look at Oro Jackson... It is a compete shithole but active as fuck... And not only at spoilers... Here the last final of something similar as this tournament

http://orojackson.com/threads/coty-1...-finals.25264/

Do not get me wrong. AP is still the best forum by a fucking margin. But I still think the people responsible for it should try to get some people on board.

But as I said... Most of us are to old to actually give so much interest into it as in the past. That's why I do not donate it anymore... Not because I do not want support AP but because I do not see "the future" in it... and because my questions about the last 2 donates never have been answered.

But enough critizm...

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Jinbe edging Robin by one vote was also noteworthy

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Jinbe edging Robin by one vote was also noteworthy
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    I think the whole forum is... Most of us "elders" do not have the time to post like in the past and the "younger" posters are afraid of the "strict" rules here around (which I enjoy)
    This is true. A lot of the 2004-2009 era red stars and mods don't post anymore. And the day where we had the most amount of active users at once (3000+) was what, back in 2011?

I myself joined in 2009 and only got in a groove around 2010 onward, but even then, six years, it feels like a lot is different.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    The highlight was Weatheria Wizards beating the shit out of Barto's Granny.
    16 chars of YES!
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

This tournament is one of the things that keeps me in this place for so long, the past tournaments were part of my life, so much that I used to make tallies just for fun and was eager for the results everyday. Tallies for 2009,2010,2011 and 2012:
    Hidden:

Video:
    Hidden:
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Ryuu managing to beat Doffy and Zoro was a high point for me
    the matches that were decided by a single vote were really tight too

Now that you said it, there were not many ties this year.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

I gotta say, for my first AP Character Tournament as a newbie, I really enjoyed it! Ryuu and Jinbei going as far as they was something didn't expect, along with me actually voting for Moria (that day I learned that campaigns are a powerful weapon).

Although, it is nice to see Sanji get the appreciation he deserves.

By the next tournament, I'll be ready with campaigns and it will truly be The Year of Jinbei!
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Machvise is still true winner of this year tournament in my opinion. LOL. One of the reasons, I'm still around besides I really like it here. Is these tournaments, I still really like this year tournament with a lot of unexpected things happened like the zero vote winner. I surprised that Whitey Bay did a great job in the first round.

Thread Information