Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 APCT Semifinal and Final Round Discussion Thread - Current Character Chaos

Default Re: 2016 APCT Semifinal Round Discussion Thread - Current Character Chaos

So far Luffy, Franky, Robin, and Usopp are the only Straw Hats to have ever won a tournament. Nami, Zoro, and Sanji have their work cut out for them, but Brook and Chopper are gonna need some kind of game changer if they're ever gonna win. (Chopper in particular usually loses first, probably because Oda dialed up his cute factor and naivety)

Will all of them be a champion before the manga officially ends? That's the real question.

Default Re: 2016 APCT Semifinal Round Discussion Thread - Current Character Chaos

Wow, Zoro never won? That's surprising.
    Chopper will never win, I think.

Zoro gone to the finals against Luffy once.

The strawhats are always going to have a chance to win the tournament they don't need an arc focused on them just to win. Ussop, Robin and Franky didn't need it to win, all you need is to be a cool character and have a bit of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    The strawhats are always going to have a chance to win the tournament they don't need an arc focused on them just to win. Ussop, Robin and Franky didn't need it to win, all you need is to be a cool character and have a bit of luck.
    Very true, but Robin probably worked the hardest for her win - Usopp and Franky both won in sequential years when the events of Water 7/Enies Lobby were going on, where both had that push because of their relevance.

I think it goes

Usopp - 2005
    Franky - 2006
    Luffy - 2009
    Whitebeard - 2010
    Robin - 2011
    Bon Kurei - 2012
    Norland - 2013
    Bartolomeo - 2014

Brook frequently seems to get to about the quarterfinals. He got out fairly early this year (I don't remember who beat him) but I feel like he just needs a little bit of a spotlight to get to the finals.

Zoro usually does better to but he got rolled over by the Ryuunosuke train. Once he gets back to being a bit of a dork he'll have a strong chance.

Nami's done really well this year. She's gotten a little more focus from the manga but hasn't done anything particularly great. I think she overachieved.

Chopper...yeah. Chopper needs a big shakeup to have any sort of chance to go deep.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

I'm still hoping Wano turns out to be the island Dr.Hiluluk saw. Might give Chopper some much needed attention, and this time without a very popular character overshadowing him.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    I'm still hoping Wano turns out to be the island Dr.Hiluluk saw. Might give Chopper some much needed attention, and this time without a very popular character overshadowing him.
    Didn't Roger and Whitebeard meet in a mountainous area with sakura trees and petals flying everywhere? Perhaps that was the same island Dr. Hililuk was talking about.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    So, we're going to be enemies.

Because while I really want Sanji to win (he probably will), this is probably Nami's last chance to be champion, ever.
    *stares straight at Meta* o_o

*presses play*

Nami's in the same position that Sanji was in for a really long time, just like Noq said, annoying-nosebleed Sanji. Nami's just fanservice boobs girl right now, and I await her triumphant return to awesomeness. When Oda elevates her to above fanservice level, I'll root for her.
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    For me the biggest thing against Nami is that she hasn't gone back to the epic thief skills she had early on, which were what I liked the most about her.

But hey, we thought Sanji was condemned to nosebleed gags and being useless and look, he gets an arc all to himself. So who knows, others may yet reobtain former glory.

Maybe oda will throw a huge twist and have nami be the star of wano and have parentage explored there, would be interesting if one of her birth parents was from wano, and imagine if she has a kind of extended family there of orange haired samurai lol
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

My hope is that Nami is the one who, as an expert thief, finds a way to either save and release sanji from his captive situation or finds a method for the crew to steal the road poneglyph from under Big Mom's Big nose.

I hear she has all sorts of space in that bra, maybe she can hide it there

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Very true, but Robin probably worked the hardest for her win - Usopp and Franky both won in sequential years when the events of Water 7/Enies Lobby were going on, where both had that push because of their relevance.

I think it goes

Usopp - 2005
    Franky - 2006
    Luffy - 2009
    Whitebeard - 2010
    Robin - 2011
    Bon Kurei - 2012
    Norland - 2013
    Bartolomeo - 2014
    It still surprises me that Norland won a tournament. I missed that year so coming back and seeing such a minor non-reoccurring flashback character win over everyone comes off as pretty surprising. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    It still surprises me that Norland won a tournament. I missed that year so coming back and seeing such a minor non-reoccurring flashback character win over everyone comes off as pretty surprising. What happened?
    Jinbe was going strong and everyone thought he had that tourney in the bag, but then Norland got far and a lot of people went for Norland given the context of Norland actually making it that far, and somehow that got Norland the win in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Zoro gone to the finals against Luffy once.
    I´m fairly certain that he´s a two times finalist.
    First time vs Usopp I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    One thing going on in 2013 is Dressrosa arc and in the summer Norland was mentioned again. In fact it was ch.713 (think it was in July) was titled "Usoland" it was revealed that the dwarves considered Norland as a hero, and Usopp convinced them he was a descendant of Norland.

SO it that brought Norland back into focus and got him far. Then it is was Noquanky said, so many were impressed he came so far in the tourney they then turned and supported him more.

So that's the story behind Norland's win.

AP works in mysterious ways that I'll probably never understand...
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Any SH winning this (except Brook) is pretty blerrgh for me. I'll be fine with either Carrot or Nekomamushi winning. And even if Sanji is the focus of the current arc, he still did nothing yet, so I don't think he should win based on that.

Why it so blergh to the main character or one of the main supportive cast winning this?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Why it so blergh to the main character or one of the main supportive cast winning this?
    On some level, it's too predictable - the Straw Hats appear the most across all media forms, so they would theoretically have the highest popularity. People like when it's a little unpredictable.

Of course main characters will win a popularity tournament eventually, but what I like about the AP version of this tournament is that no SHs has won more than one time.
    I can imagine other OP forums having Zoro winning three years at a row...this would be boring to witness.

While in this forums, we can see unusual characters winning a match against one of the main protagonists/antagonists of the series.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Thread Information