Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 APCT Semifinal and Final Round Discussion Thread - Current Character Chaos

Default Re: 2016 APCT Semifinal Round Discussion Thread - Current Character Chaos

Sanji and Nami will be my picks.

Default Re: 2016 APCT Semifinal Round Discussion Thread - Current Character Chaos

I'm going for the furries this time, voting for Carrot and Nekomamushi.

Put me down for Team Animal Friends, too.

So it has come down to this...

MAN OR ANIMAL
    I DON'T CARE AT ALL
    FIND THE ANTIDOTE
    UNDERNEATH THE DOSE
    MAN OR ANIMAL
    OBEDIENT
    OUT OF CONTROL

Definitely voting Sanji against Nekomamushi but Carrot vs Nami is tough :/ I love Nami but I'm really digging Carrot as a character. I might need to let campaigns decide this one.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

I like Nekomamushi way more than Sanji, but I feel urged to vote Sanji for reasons unknown. I hate Nami, so Carrot is an easy vote for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    I like Nekomamushi way more than Sanji, but I feel urged to vote Sanji for reasons unknown. I hate Nami, so Carrot is an easy vote for me.
    Don't give in to peer pressure!!
    At least give the campaigns a chance to add to the pressure first!

Sanji will cook the most delicious lasagne just for Nekomamushi and the cat will allow him to advance in the final.

No, Sanji will default and let Nekomamushi win because which ever male wins their round will have to go forward and fight either Nami or Carrot. Sanji never fights a girl, and he knows that Nekomamushi wouldn't cause harm the girls to win either.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    No, Sanji will default and let Nekomamushi win because which ever male wins their round will have to go forward and fight either Nami or Carrot. Sanji never fights a girl, and he knows that Nekomamushi wouldn't cause harm the girls to win either.
    I don't think its peer pressure. I guess its more so that this is Sanji's only (and I mean only) chance to win. Catviper (might) be in the same boat, but I feel less urged to vote for him (in spite of his awesomeness) because I don't want a new character to the take the throne again like Barto (I voted for him all the way except once I think) did last year.

I suppose my desire for Sanji to win is out of a desire to keep the tournament winners victories fresh.

EDIT:

Quoted wrong post-- Ha

Start of the tournament I wanted Carrot to win and now it's coming to a close I want Sanji to win. This is tough lol

Year of Sanji, let's go!

I wouldn't mind any of these characters winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    I wouldn't mind any of these characters winning except Nami.
    Fixed
    Hidden:

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

Easy votes for Carrot and Neko. Few things can stop me from voting for adorable animal characters.
    3DS FC: 3969-4669-8685

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Fixed
    So, we're going to be enemies.

Because while I really want Sanji to win (he probably will), this is probably Nami's last chance to be champion, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post

Because while I really want Sanji to win (he probably will), this is probably Nami's last chance to be champion, ever.
    Naw nami is much more likely to ride a wave to the quarterfinals again than sanji
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post

That's really not a good argument for any straw hat. At least for Sanji we can assume never will the series be as focused on him as it is now, so it's his best chance. There's no reason to think Nami won't have any greater presence in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    That's really not a good argument for any straw hat. At least for Sanji we can assume never will the series be as focused on him as it is now, so it's his best chance. There's no reason to think Nami won't have any greater presence in future.
    I suppose that's true, although I feel like the chapter is closed on Nami. Guess it's just her swing of luck, because she usually barely loses to someone a little more popular like Croc, Robin, Usopp, etc.

In the same vein, Zoro's another SH that always makes it far but never can close the gap. Maybe he'll get lucky next year if we're at Wano =3

For me the biggest thing against Nami is that she hasn't gone back to the epic thief skills she had early on, which were what I liked the most about her.

But hey, we thought Sanji was condemned to nosebleed gags and being useless and look, he gets an arc all to himself. So who knows, others may yet reobtain former glory.

Thread Information