154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carrot

85 55.19%
  • Monkey D . Garp

69 44.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carrot vs. Monkey D. Garp: The Fool(s) On The Hill

Default Re: Carrot vs. Monkey D. Garp: The Fool(s) On The Hill

Honestly, old characters should just be excluded in future tournaments, since people are going to want to give the newer characters a chance (or their story is simple fresher in their memory).

Quote Originally Posted by DemonX View Post
    Honestly, old characters should just be excluded in future tournaments, since people are going to want to give the newer characters a chance (or their story is simple fresher in their memory).
    I strongly disagree with this. If anything, newer characters should be excluded for a year or so to see if they're still memorable enough after a year to be "the most popular character of the entire One Piece universe" (that's what this is about, after all). A tournament without, for example, Don Krieg or Bellemere or Zeff or Dalton or characters from Alabasta or Skypiea wouldn't be a proper tournament to me. Would you want to exclude Luffy? He is the oldest character (after Coby or Alvida I think) in the entire series.

That's just my opinion though. I think the sheer multitude of characters is one of the things that makes One Piece so awesome and I love remembering the older characters.
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

Lit the Fire of Shandora! will-of-R's Avatar

VOTE >>>>> cARROT in every direction <<<<<<

'm waiting for the next match :) :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by DemonX View Post
    I also disagree with this. In my opinion, groups of characters (SH Grand Fleet) and jokes that are not really characters (Ryuunosuke, Fred) should be the ones excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by troglodytes View Post
    jokes that are not really characters (Ryuunosuke, Fred) should be the ones excluded.

LOL. the drawing was fun and I loved that scene, but it is still not a character.

Maybe the characters that manage to lose to non-characters should be excluded from the future tournament in that case.

It would seriously be cool to have a tournament with only "silly" characters though :P
    "We are brethren of the monastery called The World, where folk grow hungry"

Quote Originally Posted by Huon View Post
    I strongly disagree with this. If anything, newer characters should be excluded for a year or so to see if they're still memorable enough after a year to be "the most popular character of the entire One Piece universe" (that's what this is about, after all). A tournament without, for example, Don Krieg or Bellemere or Zeff or Dalton or characters from Alabasta or Skypiea wouldn't be a proper tournament to me. Would you want to exclude Luffy? He is the oldest character (after Coby or Alvida I think) in the entire series.

That's just my opinion though. I think the sheer multitude of characters is one of the things that makes One Piece so awesome and I love remembering the older characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by troglodytes View Post
    I also disagree with this. In my opinion, groups of characters (SH Grand Fleet) and jokes that are not really characters (Ryuunosuke, Fred) should be the ones excluded.
    I'd be all for that tbh, but many people would probably think it'd get boring to have the same characters all over again (while you wait for another 2 years to allow the new ones). But ah well, it's not like it's the Olympic or anything. Just annoying when I see something like Ryuunosuke win against Zoro. Or Carrot against Garp.

Discussion of the tournament process aside :D The winner was Carroootttt, in case anyone didn't notice (like me :o )

Thread Information