+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1583

Thread: The Promised Neverland

Default Re: The Promised Neverland

It is not precisely to work on the art, but to let ideas grow and develop, to weave chapters better together, to stop relying on weird plot twist that are only important until next chapter and never again, those kind of things are the fruit of ideas that didn’t get enough time to iterate or mature.

Is like this science show that I watched recently, it was about the “end of physics”, that it is not so much that they know everything there is to know, but in order to run the kind of experiments that would actually lead to breakthroughs , you have to build the machines, and get the findings, the army of interns, rare materials, and such. Likewise to explore another story on the friendship effort victory it takes time and effort, teamwork that puts an overhead of meetings and synch up.

I want something fun, that respects my time by ensuring that every chapter becomes its own individual experience and that the story is poorer if it is removed, with characters that can surprise me in ways that make sense, in a world crafted with imaginative ideas that invite to be thought about, using the medium in a way that makes it something unique in contrast with any other media, something that can only exist in comics made by that author.

I don’t believe that the overhead of coloring is worth it, to be honest.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

If we consider that The Promised Neverland was popular through the whole run in Japan, being #3 most of the time below One Piece and Kimetsu no Yaiba, I don't think giving them more time would have improved the quality overall, at least to our tastes.
    Wash your hands.

I agree with most of the points maxdex said and suggested.
    A 2 chapter with a 18-20 page per month basis would do wonders.
    Time would increase the quality of a work , I don't doubt that at all.
    The breathing space, the addition exposure to other media, actually sleeping for once, etc.

Most young shounen mangaka comes in with a brilliant idea or two, perform well in execution for a while and then somewhere near the mid or end point they just tatter off.
    Just look at the nosedive in quality for the last decade of most, if I daresay, even all of shounen jump series.
    If you've picked up a pen or drew before, drawing is an incredibly taxing task. Just a piece of artwork or one panel can take hours.
    No one deserves that because we are too impatient to get our endomorphine high for the weekends.
    Their lifestyle is brutal.
    Oda is the exception and never the norm and dude collapsed a few times already.
    The whole "Passion" and robotic hard work approach to be able to churn out quality no longer works when your staff gets 4-5 hours of sleep a day and have little to no free time.
    The Jump culture pissed me off but then I realize it's also the Japanese culture and that's double whammy so now I'm sad.

Also I'm strongly opposed to digital colouring because I'm on the side that it's a lot more effort than it's worth (seriously, colouring is a whole other dimension of learning) and no one asked for that.
    Lineart and inking talent get lost in colors, a lot of manga are able to bring in that excitement because of well planned panels and action lines.

Spirit photographer Saburo Kono, the one shot by the authors of The Promised Neverland, is out.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007613
    Wash your hands.

I hope they go shorter when they get another series.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Or maybe an antology series, like Mushishi, this concept could keep fresh with a minimal cast.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

That was really nice.

Finally caught up. That was wholesome. Emma could never convince me that there was no catch to the wish.

Read the one-shot.
    It was okay, but I really wanted a story set after the series finale.

NNID: jervinnectar

The one shot made me miss this series potential

That one shot seemed a bit pointless. Didn't we already get a chapter or two about Ray's memories and stuff?

It was more about Ray's point of view during his childhood knowing the truth more than revealing new info. Also I think he straight up murdered a baby to test the tracking device theory (or there's a plot hole and he already knew).
    Wash your hands.

The one shot is most likely promotional event for the movie anyway

If they wanna make a spin-off series just about girls training to be Moms I would totally read it.

That was better than the Ray one-shot. Krone really was an interesting character.
    I hope they do a William Minerva or Phil one-shot next.

NNID: jervinnectar

More side stories!
    https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008316

Spoiler:
    Alright, it's guessing time. Which of these sisters are who's mom? My only guesses right now are Scarlett is Don's mom and Matilda is Emma's (because she's the one with the most focus in the chapter)

Spoiler:
    Hair color says that the prominent one was Norman's and the nervious wreck was Emma's and sharp eyes one is from the 5th kid who's name stops mattering. The one left being Don's
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Sienna - Emma
    Scarlet - Don
    Matilda - Norman
    Jessica doesn't look like Gilda or anyone, really. At most, she looks like the guy with the big nose, but in the final chapters there was a mom that looked way more like him.
    Wash your hands.

Ok, checking again, Isabela says “some of them” managed to escape, Norman at this point very likely hasn’t escaped, there is a chance that Scarlet is Phil’s mother, but Phil has a very particular design, so I’d bet Don.

So annoying comparing in the phone, there are 2 escapees with dark hair and clear skin, one of the two kids that always stirred shit together, and the only other girl that was on the tomboyish scale with Emma, with wild anime MC hair.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

These special chapters are pretty damn good, but a part of me would have liked to see them in the actual series, like I understand that Isabella rebelling had to be a twist, but still.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information