+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: The Promised Neverland

Default Re: The Promised Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by sausi00 View Post
    The main problem is that right now every demon we have met is bad. Musica is the only one that seems to care, but hasn't revealed to them all the information she could, so not trustworthy overall.

Regarding the morality issue, eating is not important. Is the act of killing another intelligent being that's wrong. We are too in the dark yet to really know anything about this world, but the demons don't seem so superior to the human race if they have to remain in their half of the planet. Thus any kind of superiority they feel against humans is probably completely false. Until proven otherwise I have to infer both humans and demons are equal (per their agreement) and so the demons are actually murdering people to feed themselves (It's specially bad since they are children raised being ignorant about the world, thus the demons are in a special kind or power relationship they are abusing)

PD: I enjoy this kind of arguments, proves any kind of medium can spark interesting discussions. We should try to do it with other mangas, even if we have to play devil's advocate to get the ball rolling
    i don't know,i think that morally (especially morally) the reason why you kill is extremely important,that's why we revere the "troops" but we despise serial killers,despite the act of killing being part of the description for both.
    The demons seem superior to humans physically, at least if the average human in this universe is strong like a normal human in real life, but the story does say that the human managed to fight back and become demon hunters..and since we know that the demons are intelligent too, the usual advantage that human used to dominate every single other species on earth doesn't apply in this case.

but they do refer humans as cattle or livestock,so they do indeed keep us strictly in the category of "food", which does imply some kind of feeling of superiority.

That guy doesn’t seem to have a tatoo on his neck

I'm thinking that this guy isn't actually Minerva, but rather a guy who works for or with Minerva.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    i don't know,i think that morally (especially morally) the reason why you kill is extremely important,that's why we revere the "troops" but we despise serial killers,despite the act of killing being part of the description for both.
    The demons seem superior to humans physically, at least if the average human in this universe is strong like a normal human in real life, but the story does say that the human managed to fight back and become demon hunters..and since we know that the demons are intelligent too, the usual advantage that human used to dominate every single other species on earth doesn't apply in this case.

but they do refer humans as cattle or livestock,so they do indeed keep us strictly in the category of "food", which does imply some kind of feeling of superiority.
    It's very possible that humans were able to fight back due to numbers. Possible that demons don't reproduce as easily as humans.

Wouldnt go that far, Ray was fast enough to run away from them some time even though there were several demons. And Ray is not nearly a grown up men, so i can think of humans that can fight them one on one...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post
    Wouldnt go that far, Ray was fast enough to run away from them some time even though there were several demons. And Ray is not nearly a grown up men, so i can think of humans that can fight them one on one...
    in one of the images when they talk about the war between humans and demons you can see a demon hold an adult male in his hand..that's not something a human can do, so there's definitely a difference in strenght..at least with a type of demon..since they seem very diversified

If for every armed demon there were 100 human soldiers with crossbows, humans would easily even the scale in context of a war.

Not to mention from the tangible holographic technology seen in the pen, humans now are at least 21st century tech - If a war breaks out at the current era in the story, we would completely wipe the floor of these demons if they're still fighting with melee weapons. Regardless of their super-strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondo View Post
    It's very possible that humans were able to fight back due to numbers. Possible that demons don't reproduce as easily as humans.
    Honestly, between the scarcity of demons we've seen and the fact they choose humans as cattle, I think it's very likely that demons aren't very numerous.
    We don't know their entire diet, sure, but humans are absolutely horrible for cattle purpose.

It takes a whole decade to raise a human for food, and we have very little meat on us by then.
    Compare that to a beef cow, which lives 2 years at most before slaughter and provide ample amount of food.

Even with "hundreds" of human cattle farms out there, it wouldn't be a very sustainable food source for even remotely large population.
    Sure, the demons likely eat other food too, but there is significant evidence here that suggest they are nowhere near as populated as humans.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; August 28th, 2017 at 11:21 PM.

in one of the images when they talk about the war between humans and demons you can see a demon hold an adult male in his hand..that's not something a human can do, so there's definitely a difference in strenght..at least with a type of demon..since they seem very diversified
    Yeah dont think theyl win arm wrestling, but speed wise it doesnt seem...

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    If for every armed demon there were 100 human soldiers with crossbows, humans would easily even the scale in context of a war.

Not to mention from the tangible holographic technology seen in the pen, humans now are at least 21st century tech - If a war breaks out at the current era in the story, we would completely wipe the floor of these demons if they're still fighting with melee weapons. Regardless of their super-strength.

Honestly, between the scarcity of demons we've seen and the fact they choose humans as cattle, I think it's very likely that demons aren't very numerous.
    We don't know their entire diet, sure, but humans are absolutely horrible for cattle purpose.

It takes a whole decade to raise a human for food, and we have very little meat on us by then.
    Compare that to a beef cow, which lives 2 years at most before slaughter and provide ample amount of food.

Even with "hundreds" of human cattle farms out there, it wouldn't be a very sustainable food source for even remotely large population.
    Sure, the demons likely eat other food too, but there is significant evidence here that suggest they are nowhere near as populated as humans.
    Well perhaps they are more snake-like in that there metabolism isnt as high thus they dont need to eat as much as humans
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

something doesn't add up to that story

Welp, we knew he wasn't Minerva.

These kids cant catch a consistent break, how they gonna get out of this one
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

We also knew that these kids weren't going to have it easy for much longer. This isn't a series that does that.

I find difficult to believe that he had food at his disposal for 13 years straight without it going bad..even canned food does go bad after that much time...only think i can think of is if his diet is exclusively made of rice with honey,vinegar and booze..maybe there are a couple other aliments that don't go bad,but are hardly part of a sufficient and balanced diet.

also, 13 years alone in a facility would make anyone go insane, no matter how much comfort you believe you have, you will prefer to go out and die.

problem is,if this is a "test" ,i fail to see what he is testing them for.

EDIT: also,he knows way too much about them just from that tattoo

I find difficult to believe that he had food at his disposal for 13 years straight without it going bad..even canned food does go bad after that much time...only think i can think of is if his diet is exclusively made of rice with honey,vinegar and booze..maybe there are a couple other aliments that don't go bad,but are hardly part of a sufficient and balanced diet.

also, 13 years alone in a facility would make anyone go insane, no matter how much comfort you believe you have, you will prefer to go out and die.

The food thing is a bit weird yeah, but there are types of food that can last that long with the right techniques of preservation, it's not impossible.

He knows about them probably because the demons warned the surrounding area that 15 kids escaped Grace Field, they even promised a reward, we don't know how they spread the news but if they have technology similar to the radio maybe he just intercepted the news from that bunker.

Maybe it's just an act, but i'd prefer if he was really that coward, it would be far more interesting as a character.

It seems the houses have different kind of tatoos, so the digits on the neck identifies Grace field. How he knew that i’m not sure.
    After i doubt he was completely alone during all that time. That doesn’t sound really realistic indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Faust View Post
    The food thing is a bit weird yeah, but there are types of food that can last that long with the right techniques of preservation, it's not impossible.
    He was eating nothing but Twinkies the whole time.

Insanity is interesting, but it would also be interesting if this WAS a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    He was eating nothing but Twinkies the whole time.
    The Promised Zombieland.

A lot of canned food are edible after decades. Corn can easily last half a century.

Are they recommended? No, not really. It likely will taste pretty awful.
    Are they nutritious enough for sustenance? Yes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information