+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 825: The WE Times' Comic Strip

Default Re: Chapter 825: The WE Times' Comic Strip

LIVE 'REACTION' I GUESS?

Spoiler:
    - Okay that cover page is adorable. Precious stylish old men. Nami what the heck did you do? They look so fabulous. Fuck.

- Big Mom's Ship is adorable. Some Queen of Hearts bullshit going on here with those 'Soldiers' also the front ones face looks like Usopp.

- What if rerorero dude is the actual brother of that asshole we ditched around Fishman Island? I detested him so much I forgot his name.

- Robots? Badass hairstyles? Shit's about to get 100% crazier so that's like 100000% crazy already.

- Rero dude is super enthusiastic and likely has fans already. Bless. Sanji looks so done.

- That was a-door-able.

- 'Friendly ribbing' clearly the definition of ribbing I know is entirely different to theirs...

- YAY Lola lookalike so we got our confirmation and bless Sanji partially recognising her appearance...

- Luffy what the fuck

- Luffy went full nut reeling that in.

- Those sea slugs are adorable what the heck.

- Hot diggity damn need be s'more Vinsmoke family stuff.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    probably the first one..otherwise vito's fixation with sanji wouldn't make sense if they were basically just cosplayer..if instead they were the real thing that inspired his childhood heroes creation,then it makes sense
    Depends on how long the comic's existed and whether Vito himself knows or cared which came first. If Germa has been around for, at least, decades, it may even be a Chicken-and-Egg scenario
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏ w̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    - That was a-door-able.
    I might have to steal that for a future Pun Piece sometime.

Oda's grandmother passed away, hence the break

Looks like the longheld theory of Lola being Big Mam's daughter is almost canon. And it actually explains why she is so eager to marry.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Depends on how long the comic's existed and whether Vito himself knows or cared which came first. If Germa has been around for, at least, decades, it may even be a Chicken-and-Egg scenario
    the vinsmoke were already a big deal when sanji was a child since the family managed to make the trip from north blue to the east blue,and brook already explained how it's not something you do without huge resources

Chapter seemed very rushed, only 13 pages and the art was sub-standard. Some of the drawings of Nami in the background of panels in particular were pretty bad. Still, OP has been on a roll of late so we were bound to get a bit of a clunker eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    the vinsmoke were already a big deal when sanji was a child since the family managed to make the trip from north blue to the east blue,and brook already explained how it's not something you do without huge resources
    Hence my starting point of decades.

Like I said, a lot would depend on how long the comic's existed. We have comics (strip and book alike) going back nearly a century. So I don't think it far fetched that the comic existed then and either inspired a group to be villains themselves or simply took their name in a Refuge in Audacity ploy that went on to stick. By that I mean guys took the name so when they attacked it would result in people calling for help from literal comic book villains. It's probably why the public at large (going by Nami) thought they didn't exist.

Alternatively, if Germa 66 existed first, maybe the comic was created as a way to diminish or cover up their threat.

I'm not wedded to any one theory, just a few thoughts they've his me.
    Last edited by sgamer82; May 2nd, 2016 at 11:51 AM.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

Ichi or Niji. Speculate now
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

Quote Originally Posted by zeff redleg View Post
    Oda's grandmother passed away, hence the break
    link or source?

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    link or source?
    From Shonen Jump author comments two weeks ago.

Ok so not Aokiji walking on water the but seagull hat wearing, giant metal golden Buddha transforming Sengoku. Apparently Buddha was known to walk on water as well.

That or some guy with the Jesus Christ fruit.

Edit: I already posted this.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Does Sanji's tea pot also have eyes? Are those sea slugs wearing hats with an antenna sticking out of them? Looks like the mad hatters style. The soldiers are like the Queen of Hearts' soldiers. That living door also brings to mind the living door knob from Alice in Wonder Land. Lola and Okami could be the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum of this story. Maybe Oda's really is about to go full Disney.
    Well, there is also the Cheshire Cat who's currently eating lasagna in Zou and a stowaway White Rabbit who hid herself onboard the Sunny. So yeah, definitely an Alice-themed arc.

Any tought on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Im literally waiting for someone to do that with Jack, who is waiting for someone to get him outta the water

It would be hilarious if one of Sanji's brothers looks a ton like Zoro. Would explain a lot lol.

- The comic strip is interesting. Are we overanalyzing it? Was it just a way for Oda to tell us that the Germa 66 have been the stuff of fairytales and comic strips for a long time, and marines used it for their own propaganda? Or the heroes are really based on real marines that fought the Germa 66 for reals?

- Those henchmen all look awesome.

- The ship is also awesome. The door panels were simple but cool. I love it when Oda has fun with these things. He doesn't need to, but he does.

- Vito is weirdly cool so far, Oda usually does this "clingy" type characters a bit too obnoxiously, but Vito seems like he geniunely wants to get on Sanji's good side. Not much to say about this Gotti fella aside from, cool design? And I don't know if Lola's sister is supposed to be a Big Mom underling, a Capone underling, or what. I mean, being Capone's underling means both are true, but still. She seems to be fearsome enough.

- Also cool that even after falling head over heels for Purin/Puding/Wathever, Sanji is still firm in his decision to not marry her. We'll get lots of heart eyes and nose bleeds and all that jazz, but I'm betting he'll stand by this idea. More power to him!

- The stuff in the Sunny put a smile on my face through all of it, specially Mummy Luffy wanting turning to Chopper for some "emergency food supply". One Piece wouldn't be One Piece without these scenes.

- Underwater Den Den Mushis. Never thought of that possibility, even though there are sea snails.

- Germa ship incoming was absolutely unexpected. I'm guessing guy on Board is the first or second son of the Vinsmoke family, let's see what this encounter will bring to the table. A confrontation so early on, with the arc yet to be officialy started, would be weird. Also weird that they seemed to be specifically targeting the Sunny, like they knew they were coming. Common sense, considering their crewmate was snatched and they expected Luffy and co. to go to his rescue, or something else brewing on the Vinsmokes side?

Anyway, great chapter. I see people complaining about the length, but I found it jampacked with great stuff, enough to keep me satisfied till next one comes.

P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏ w̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    Im literally waiting for someone to do that with Jack, who is waiting for someone to get him outta the water
    Sebastian singing that to him the entire time would be a pretty good punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I actually took the transforming robot to be a reference to Sengoku's Golden Buddha form. I'm just trying decide whether Sora is all Sengoku or a mix of Garp too.

Weren't the Weatheria guys real short before? I like to think that they're wearing stilts underneath those suits.

Also just generally digging the art and motifs of Big Mom's ship.
    no they were not short at all, more like they were tall (at least compared to Nami)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    Looks like the longheld theory of Lola being Big Mam's daughter is almost canon. And it actually explains why she is so eager to marry.
    Twist = While Lola is Big Mom's daughter, she is like Sanji = both don't care about some of the things the biological family does and went independent. That's why Lola wants to marry so bad, so Momma can't make her marry someone she doesn't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlM View Post
    My thought = too small to see

Quote Originally Posted by AlM View Post
    I'm assuming it's the seagulls foot and the other was chopped off during the cleaning and redrawing of the chapter.

What do you think it is?
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information