+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

To be honest, I started the series because of the MJ meme. I was also getting recommended from youtube. So, I decide to give the anime a watch.
    The first few episodes were clunky, it had issue with pacing & info dumping (the biggest culprit is the reveal of the demon slayer corp & it's organisation structure). But the premise works enough to keep me watching (& Nezuko). I feel like the series really got into groove during the drum demon arc. The animation of the drum fight was amazing. And the spider mountain arc happens (episode 19 was god tier) & I got hooked on the series.
    I'm fully caught up with the manga & we are now into the final battle (which will easily last till next year or even next next year). It's a good timing.
    I hope they continue animating the series after 26 episodes. Because I can't wait to see some of the fights being animated.
    Some thoughts of mine.
    Spoiler:
    This series is very generous with the sob story of the demons. I kinda have mixed feeling of it.
    On one hand, I'm very glad that Tanjirou acknowledge that human eating demons have to be slayed and cannot be forgiven. He can still get the job done but can feel sympathetic for their plight when they were human. The series never lets your forget that these demons had killed so many people and they got their punishment as a result. The backstories are just a way to show that they used to have humanity in them. By slaying them, they can finally move on to the afterlife & reunite with their loved ones. It also showed how kind Tanjirou is.

On the other hand, I kinda dread that some of the absolute scumbag demons were gonna get a sob story. Mainly, because I don't want to feel sympathetic for those scumbags. I'm grateful that Hantengu & Doma didn't got it because they were absolute scum even as human.

Regarding the current battles:
    -It was absolutely satisfying to see Doma died. I kinda figured Shinobu will poison herself & when he absorbed her into the body. He will die as a result. And Shinobu seeing him in the afterlife was the icing of the cake.
    -I personally didn't like Zenitsu fight with his senior. It was honestly kinda random & that guy only showed up 1 time in Zenitsu's flashback. I only remember who he was because I watched the anime a day before.
    -I'm gonna be absolutely pissed if Nezuko sit out the final battle against Kibutsuji & spend the time in the background slowly turning back into human. While she does get to participate in the fights, she always get knocked out & in the end her contribution is not that significant.
    Just let her & Tanjirou have the final blow against Kibutsuji.
    -I hope the 'blue spider lily' shows up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So we're going down this rabbit hole again.

I don't really mind that the demons have a sob flashback. It shows that life is not black and white and people who do evil do not always do it purposefully.
    It also help showing Tanjirou is relatively unique as most of the other demon hunters are not able to see this side of the demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I don't really mind that the demons have a sob flashback. It shows that life is not black and white and people who do evil do not always do it purposefully.
    It also help showing Tanjirou is relatively unique as most of the other demon hunters are not able to see this side of the demons.
    I mean he would be a massive hypocrite if he viewed the demons with hate, considering that his sister is one and he knows that she never wanted to be one and the act of eating humans is just part of their nature.

Main character hypocricy is why I despised Thorfin from Vinland saga in the beginning. He was seeking revenge for the murder of his father by also killing other people's fathers and facilitating the murder, rape and pillaging of innocent people.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

As a current anime only guy, does the highest slayer squad deserve all their praise they've got? Because right now it looks like they can talk big, can easily kill one of the twelve, but can't find or kill Kibutsuji (the actual threat).
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Yeah they do, but we probably won’t see this season. As finally catching up with the anime, the animation is pretty amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    As a current anime only guy, does the highest slayer squad deserve all their praise they've got? Because right now it looks like they can talk big, can easily kill one of the twelve, but can't find or kill Kibutsuji (the actual threat).
    you know two of the pillars already and can see they are way above Kanjiro level

Spoiler:
    Super Sunbros Flashback

Hmm. Stuff updated on the shonen jump app already.

That attack was super effective.

Good, we needed a flashback to further explain UM1.

Now this is where the series shines, flashbacks that give the characters depth and allow you to sympathize with them and help you understand their motivations, can't wait to see what happens next

Interview with Kimetsu no Yaiba's first editor :
    https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/web_pages/234/

Please let the gender stay mysterious or reveal the author as a woman
    Before anyone shoot me down, the translation is misguiding. It's still "they" not 'he"

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Please let the gender stay mysterious or reveal the author as a woman
    Before anyone shoot me down, the translation is misguiding. It's still "they" not 'he"
    I thought it was common knowledge she's a woman?

Or am I missing something?
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

probably the translator was the only one who didn't know...

Spoiler:
    Lots of things going on, Six eyes is down, lots of red swords, Tokito is in half, more Genya gore.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

https://mangadex.org/chapter/713058
    And then there were two left.

Thank freaking hallelujah.

Spoiler:
    With red eyes he was even creepier.

What a fight.
    Spoiler:
    i seriously doubt any of them will be fighting against Muzan with those injuries. Maybe they will buy time or sacrifice for a fatal blow with their remaining lifespan.
    Won't be surprised if one or two of them is offed after this fight.
    UM 4's fight will probably be a short one once the trick is figured out by the pillars.
    We're finally towards the end.

I still wonder if there is a new UM5 hiding somewhere. If not, why? I find it odd that only UM4 and UM6 would be replaced.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information