+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 332 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 6634

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Okay so, this was one of the WORST possible times for the forums to go down. There's so much to talk about, a lot of which I've already done on the discord. So here's a bit of a summary post.

- Performance wise everyone continues to sound fantastic, finally seeing Rob McCollum and Jason Douglass again were highlights.

-Buffalo sounds pretty much like you'd expect, so he's good. Just kind of a deep dumb voice. I think its Ricco Fajardo playing him. Baby 5 is also fairly good. I know we got her last set but she more or less just screamed.

-Bowlings done a really good job as an ADR Director so far, so I think were in good hands. That being said there were some mistakes this set, but they were mostly by mike actually.

-From what I found these are: Smoker saying "pilot" instead of "pirate" no matter how many times I listen to it. They've been very consistently pronouncing vegapunk like "Vay-gapunk" but 2 times this set its pronounced like "Veh-gapunk". In a next episode preview Luffy very cleaely says "MoNOnosuke" instead of "MoMOnosuke". And at one point nami says Tashigi with not quite the right inflection.

-Unfortunately the mistakes this set go beyond the ADR process. First of all, surprisingly this set is already partially recorded remotely. Now whats mistake here or limitation isn't exactly clear, but Kin'emon takes a HUGE audio quality drop in the last few episodes. Like even the most casual viewer on earth would notice it. This is odd because Chris Ryan sounds totally fine in his other remote dub shows, and he does ad work so he should already have a decent home studio set up. There are a few other characters that have a line or two that sound like they might be remote but I'm not totally sure, the only other person Im certain on is the narrorator. His quality doesn't dip as bad as Kin'emons but its still noticeable, and the breaths weren't removed from his audio. This is incredibly easy to do so I don't know why its like this. Perhaps the most baffling issue though is that in 627 monster chopper has SEVERAL lines with no filter. Its literally just brina yelling in her normal voice. Thats frankly unacceptable. I don't know if the mixing engineer(s) was bad at their job or under extreme time constraints but an error this big shouldnt be present in a final product. Super unprofessional.

That's about it for the moment, but still interested to see what those who already bought it digitally think. As for when dressrosa will be announced, voyage 3 was announced a day after voyage 2s DVD release, and since were nearing the end of the year anyways I think there's a decent chance of getting an announcement on the 11th.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

From my fiancÚ after Vergo died: “Surprise, surprise. The Law killed a black man.”
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    From my fiancÚ after Vergo died: “Surprise, surprise. The Law killed a black man.”
    I must say, you have fantastic taste in women.

For anyone who uses PSN for episodes, it seems they’ve finally updated their mobile app after it was down for a month and a half. We can finally watch our paid for content again.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Is any one still waiting on their order of Season 10 Voyage 2?

Trying to see if the delay is widespread, or it's just my usual place having trouble getting copies in.

Quote Originally Posted by aku-chan View Post
    Is any one still waiting on their order of Season 10 Voyage 2?

Trying to see if the delay is widespread, or it's just my usual place having trouble getting copies in.
    Mine came from the Funi store about three weeks ago.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, I don’t think Smoker ever says “pilot.” He just has a big of a gruff voice that makes some words sound weird. A really loved all the animation and art in his fight against Vergo. Can’t remember the animation and art being that good in a long, long while (in the dubbed episodes).

Also, I don’t think Smoker ever says “pilot.” He just has a big of a gruff voice that makes some words sound weird.
    No, its a very clear L sound. Like its not even mildly ambigous

If anyone haven't gotten Season 10, Voyage 2 yet. Amazon got it on sale for $30.36 right now.

I really wish they'd give us more cast announcements already.

With these new episodes coming out on different platforms at different times, I'm having trouble keeping track of when to expect them. It's pretty much: 1) Digital platforms. 2) FUNimation's site. 3) DVD release.

I'm watching the episodes when they come out on FUNi's site, but I'm still ordering the DVDs anyway as I always used to. But I lost track of what I had and hadn't pre-ordered, and went and pre-ordered Voyage 3 and 4 together, as I hadn't done so yet.

IINM, the Voyage 3 episodes hit FUNi's site later this month? Or will that be Voyage 4?

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Voyage 3 is currently on Funi, Voyage 4 comes November 17thish I think

Yeah, it’s a messy release schedule. Especially when there are multiple releases happening a month apart.

Fingers crossed they announce DR this week. Will be surreal to watch those episodes.

Yeah even though the arc started like 7 years ago, and we got episode of sabo already, it still feels so recent. Mostly because all of post timeskip has been one giant domino chain. So many plot lines set up here are currently going on in the manga and anime. Kaido is first (somewhat) elaborated on in voyage 4 and when we're first informed he's laws target. Jack has already been name dropped in the dub which I completely forgot about so it struck me by complete surpirse. Zou is first mentioned in 629 so then every island the straw hats have visited to date will have been name dropped. Makes it feel like we're less behind than we actually are. Not to mention we technically get Kanjuro and Kaido lines next set even if the voices aren't set in stone.

Got my s10v3 in the mail. Looks great!

Got my s10v3 in the mail. Looks great!
    Awesome. I've had S10V2 on pre order since July, but my supplier is still waiting for stock from Funimation. At this rate, I'll be getting V3 before V2 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    Awesome. I've had S10V2 on pre order since July, but my supplier is still waiting for stock from Funimation. At this rate, I'll be getting V3 before V2 lol.
    wow thats absolutely ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    Sounds like you ordered yours from the same place I did.

At least it's not as bad as the Lupin III boxset I've been waiting for since April.

Quote Originally Posted by aku-chan View Post
    At least it's not as bad as the Lupin III boxset I've been waiting for since April.
    My god, that should be illegal.

if you haven't bought 10.2 yet, amazon has it for $30 PLUS a 20% off discount, making it just under $25 (discount also available for season 10.1 but they have it listed at 39.89)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08762J5VW/?coliid=I3H8MGVJ1V03OL&colid=23W14SGH3WMBY&psc=1&r ef_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

So I checked out the dub episodes on hulu, and I was unfathomabley dissapointed. It uses the special edition. Hulu unlike many other streaming services actually has entirely seperate video tracks for dub versions (even if they're identicle). The sub version is the original, but the dub is the special edition. Not only is it cropped, but the is also comes with the side effect of not crediting ANY of the dub staff, or the orignal staff unless you just so happen to speak japanese. Why is toei so absolutely hell bent on not crediting all the hard working people who make the one piece anime and its dub possible? I might actually try to start a petition or something because how scummy and unproffesional it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information