+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 301 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 6016

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Only one week away. I’m excited. Going to buy the digital version to support the dub, even though I’ll be rationing and will only watch a few episodes before my dvd arrives. Here’s hoping they announce voyage three very soon. This schedule is too slow.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Only one week away. I’m excited. Going to buy the digital version to support the dub, even though I’ll be rationing and will only watch a few episodes before my dvd arrives. Here’s hoping they announce voyage three very soon. This schedule is too slow.
    Unfortunately I don't have the supreme patience you do and will probably just binge it day one lol. But yeah this schedule is a bit frustrating even if understandable, fingers crossed the V3 dvd goes up in november preorders
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

I exist...I guess....

Even if it does release in November we might not find out until quite a while after solicitations for the month are supposed to go up (if the last two voyages were any indication)...

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    Even if it does release in November we might not find out until quite a while after solicitations for the month are supposed to go up (if the last two voyages were any indication)...
    Thats possible of course but stampede went up in october preorders and it seems like they intentionally waited until it was announced at funi con to put voyage 2 up for preorder.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

the tv specials were supposed to go up digitally today, but the inexplicabley werent... except for adventure of nebulandia on microsoft? I mean I own the blurays so it doesnt personally effect me but its still odd.

That’s funny, though I’m not too surprised. See what I mean about errors being made constantly? Whether it’s Funimation or Toei, they don’t seem to have their shit together 100%.

Crossing my fingers for voyage three as soon as possible. My rationing only last one episode a week or so, so a set every two months was ideal for me. A set every six weeks was a dream—meant I could watch two a week.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have the supreme patience you do and will probably just binge it day one lol. But yeah this schedule is a bit frustrating even if understandable, fingers crossed the V3 dvd goes up in november preorders
    Personally, I think it takes more patience not to ration them. I marathoned the last set, and the patience for this multiple month break has been way more irritating than spreading out the episodes and having a new one every single week for months.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

That’s funny, though I’m not too surprised. See what I mean about errors being made constantly? .
    I never said mistakes aren't made, it's just that the hands up thing in particular being a mistake is incredibly unlikely.

Only as unlikely as Toei completely forgetting release day for five or so of its titles.

Only as unlikely as Toei completely forgetting release day for five or so of its titles.
    I would say it's easier to forget something than to list something so specifically incorrect (even if the former is still incredibly unproffesional.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    I would say it's easier to forget something than to list something so specifically incorrect (even if the former is still incredibly unproffesional.)
    What makes one thing more likely than the other? A dude who works there having bad information isn't more or less likely than another dude forgetting to flip a digital switch. I think you're parsing to win an argument here. The point I'm making is that these companies are unprofessional and slip up frequently in a myriad of ways, and we shouldn't be surprised when they slip up. You can agree or disagree with that statement, but as I've noted before, you're being unnecessarily pedantic.

What makes one thing more likely than the other? A dude who works there having bad information isn't more or less likely than another dude forgetting to flip a digital switch. I think you're parsing to win an argument here. The point I'm making is that these companies are unprofessional and slip up frequently in a myriad of ways, and we shouldn't be surprised when they slip up. You can agree or disagree with that statement, but as I've noted before, you're being unnecessarily pedantic.
    The thing with hands up was that forgetting something wouldn't be invloved, or at least you would need weirdly specfic information. If whoever put the info up was specifically told that hands up would be included, which is most likely what happened, theres no event it wouldnt be considering if its being noted now when funimation didnt have it before. Not impossible just an incredibley unlikely scenario that the employee would know hands up was the next opening but NOT that funimation didn' have it. This is just like, genuinely what I think, I'm not trying to win an argument for the sake of it. In fact if anything you're the one who brought it up again. Regardless we will find out soon I suppose.

I hope it’s on the DVD, and it’s a good sign that it was listed. I’m hopeful. But they post wrong information all the time. The guy easily could’ve looked up the openings online and wrote them in the description without being aware of the weird, random licensing problems. I know better by now than to trust anything Funimation posts unless it’s very direct or has evidence of some sort.

I hope it’s on the DVD, and it’s a good sign that it was listed. I’m hopeful. But they post wrong information all the time. The guy easily could’ve looked up the openings online and wrote them in the description without being aware of the weird, random licensing problems. I know better by now than to trust anything Funimation posts unless it’s very direct or has evidence of some sort.
    Of course I've never worked in the industry, but I'm PRETTY sure special features are usually added to sites through a list provided. I think it's also important to remember that this is for a textless version as an extra, and the site specifically mentions its on the first disc, which it would be given it starts on 591. Licensing issues with hands up seem to be resolved anyways, by the time crunchroll added the one piece backlog they had obtained the rights and they've generally had a worse opening licensing track record.

Ah. Your points about the specificity of it being on the first disc and more importantly the bit about Crunchyroll having the theme make me more hopeful.

And when I said, “the guy,” I meant the person working at Funimation who supplies the information for these listings.

And when I said, “the guy,” I meant the person working at Funimation who supplies the information for these listings.
    Hmm in that case I just don't see the person missing the fact they didn't have the rights to it surely. Again technically possible, but I would still say it's more or less confirmed by this point. Regardless yeah I should've mentionted the crunchyroll thing earlier. Kind of off topic but they never added hands up to the initial simulcast episodes so the last 10 keep using we go which must be jarring as a first time viewer. Although from my little experience with crunchyroll they seem to pretty much never fix old mistakes lol.

Gosh. I’m looking forward to the new episodes. Less than a week away! Despite my rationing, I’ll definitely skip ahead to hear Vergo. Momo isn’t until the third set, I think. Hopefully he doesn’t sound annoying; kids can be tricky to cast, and pretty much all of the ones they’ve casted for PH so far have been believable but whiny and annoying. Partly the characters’ fault, so hopefully we get a more interesting performance from Momo’s actor.

Since I'm binging anyway I'll probably wait to actually hear Vergo but if the credits are back to normal I definitely want to see who plays him (although I'd probably hear it elsewhere anyway). I'm really hoping for Hunter Scott since I think the bass he has demonstrated would work really well for Vergo although he is still a rather small VA so I'm not sure how likely he'll be. Also I've said this before but this set just seems like it won't cover much ground plot wise to me. Of course I am not the most familiar with punk hazard ever but based upon basic summaries ive glanced over on the wiki it really seems like its going to be the slowest punk hazard set we have. Granted I should probably just shut my mouth and be happy we aren't in the thick of dressrosa yet, I'm excited to see a lot of that dubbed but I have a feeling it's really gonna test all of our patience. I am still really excited for the next set though, I love this cast and the new additions are top notch. I'm just really hoping that they don't forget to press the release button this time lol.

Hah. Unlikely they’ll forget this time, since it’s a bigger release. I actually am of the opinion that each PH set will be better than the last. The first seven or so episodes of PH were pretty boring to me (Luffy and co are on that lake for a millenia). Only the last two episodes of the first set were exciting and interesting, whereas in set two we get at more of Cesar and Vergo and co. But yeah, the first few episodes of this set will be a little exposition/dialogue-heavy.

Agreed on DR. I feel like there will be one great moment per set, basically.

Hah. Unlikely they’ll forget this time, since it’s a bigger release. I actually am of the opinion that each PH set will be better than the last. The first seven or so episodes of PH were pretty boring to me (Luffy and co are on that lake for a millenia). Only the last two episodes of the first set were exciting and interesting, whereas in set two we get at more of Cesar and Vergo and co. But yeah, the first few episodes of this set will be a little exposition/dialogue-heavy.

Agreed on DR. I feel like there will be one great moment per set, basically.
    More could've happened last set but the fact we were finally started punk hazard made it stick out a lot. The dragon stuff, kin'emons introduction, caesars introduction, monets introduction, law and smoker returning. It was just a lot of stuff we had been waiting for for awhile even if it could've been faster paced. The fact only 9 of the episodes were punk hazard didnt help either

I guess I’m coming at it more from a rewatch value standpoint, since I’ve watched these nine episodes probably ten times by now (just turn them on when going to bed sometimes). The first six or so suck outside of the introductions.
    Last edited by Zephray; August 5th, 2020 at 09:51 PM.

I guess I’m coming at it more from a rewatch value standpoint, since I’ve watched these nine episodes probably ten times by now (just turn them on when going to bed sometimes). The first six or so suck outside of the introductions.
    Actually while I havent rewatched them that much I have maybe... 3 times in total? Not completely sure but I have more than once so I'm rather familiar with them. But I mean yeah sure I can see that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information