+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 222 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4422

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Little bit of both, IMO. Need to watch again.

Guys there are rumors of Viz Media losing the license to Sailor Moon. Whether its true or not, I wonder what that means for One Piece and Funimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Guys there are rumors of Viz Media losing the license to Sailor Moon. Whether its true or not, I wonder what that means for One Piece and Funimation.
    I doubt this is true. Since Viz is about to release the final volume of Sailor Moon in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    Godswill (who made the statement about One Piece being one of their biggest shows) wasn't a Brand Manager, he was social media coordinator, and has now left the company. Not sure if anyone has replaced Paul Frugé II yet.
    Sorry, a previous post also identified Godswill as the brand manager. From a post on his Twitter account it appears he moved to California and started a podcast with another guy (not certain if the latter is why he left Funimation). Aside from getting Godswill position wrong, I still stand by what I posted after that as to why the dub will likely continue.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Where did you here this info? Just want to know if the source is reliable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    I doubt this is true. Since Viz is about to release the final volume of Sailor Moon in November.
    Also All of SuperS is being added to Hulu on October 1st or 2nd. Viz will also likely have the license for the two movies for Crystal that will come out in 2020.

Godswill was let go from Funimation due to some unknown reason, but I think he's still working on their podcast? Not sure on that. He moved to LA to work at a fan consulting agency. Just looked up his Twitter. Bummer to have one less OP fan in the office.

Godswill is no longer part of the One Piece at a Time podcast either sadly, but that of course doesn't say anything about the dub continuing - since Godswill was never part of the brand management team for One Piece

Rewatching the special. Right off the bat, Young Luffy’s voice is higher and more nasally than the Sabo flashback (except, for some reason, when he’s yelling; then he sounds the almost the same—loses some of the nasal when screaming), and Shanks does not have his usual gravel—he sounds way more smooth and polished a voice. Makino, Beckman, Lucky Roux, mountain bandits, and the other residents sound the same.

Small nitpicks so far, anyways. Not enough to detract and the acting is working. I’ll post incrementally over the next few days as I watch a little bit before bed each night and compare on the funimation app with originals.
    Last edited by Zephray; September 25th, 2019 at 10:12 PM.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Haven't watched the special yet, but watched the documentary last night. It was really nice and surprisingly long. Didn't learn too much new info, but it was just really cool to see the cast and crew talk about their experience. Also saw that I'm in one of the final photos in the credits, though I'm mostly cropped out (I'm the Capone cosplay holding Colleen's arm on the right, from NYCC 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Godswill is no longer part of the One Piece at a Time podcast either sadly, but that of course doesn't say anything about the dub continuing - since Godswill was never part of the brand management team for One Piece
    Whp replaced him and when did they take his place on the podcast
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Godswill left the Podcast at about the beginning of Skypiea (they’re nearly done with Enies Lobby now) and they’ve been rotating his spot with MJ and Jonna (and one time someone else whose name I can’t recall). It’s been fun seeing the different perspectives since MJ speaks Japanese and has been providing insights as to cultural references and word play.

Exit: Looks like Chris Rager is our new Blackbeard. A pretty good choice, so long as he can keep himself from just sounding like Arlong.
    Last edited by Zek; September 26th, 2019 at 02:09 PM.

One Piece Stampede Cast and Production Staff List:

Monkey D. Luffy – Colleen Clinkenbeard
    Roronoa Zoro – Christopher R. Sabat
    Nami – Luci Christian
    Usopp – Sonny Strait
    Sanji – Eric Vale
    Tony Tony Chopper – Brina Palencia
    Nico Robin – Stephanie Young
    Franky – Patrick Seitz
    Brook – Ian Sinclair
    Buggy – Mike McFarland
    Capone Bege – Kyle Hebert
    Trafalgar D. Water Law – Matthew Mercer
    Basil Hawkins – T. Axelrod
    Foxy – Jonathan Brooks
    Perona – Felecia Angelle
    Scratchmen Apoo – Brad Venable
    X. Drake – D.C. Douglas
    Douglas Bullet – Daman Mills
    Buena Festa – Mick Wingert
    Marshall D. Teach (Blackbeard) – Chris Rager
    Donald Moderate – Anthony Bowling
    Ann – Macy Anne Johnson

Production Staff:
    ADR Director – Mike McFarland
    ADR Scriptwriter – Clint Bickham

Tickets going on sale tomorrow
    https://funi.to/stampede

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    One Piece Stampede Cast and Production Staff List:

Monkey D. Luffy – Colleen Clinkenbeard
    Roronoa Zoro – Christopher R. Sabat
    Nami – Luci Christian
    Usopp – Sonny Strait
    Sanji – Eric Vale
    Tony Tony Chopper – Brina Palencia
    Nico Robin – Stephanie Young
    Franky – Patrick Seitz
    Brook – Ian Sinclair
    Buggy – Mike McFarland
    Capone Bege – Kyle Hebert
    Trafalgar D. Water Law – Matthew Mercer
    Basil Hawkins – T. Axelrod
    Foxy – Jonathan Brooks
    Perona – Felecia Angelle
    Scratchmen Apoo – Brad Venable
    X. Drake – D.C. Douglas
    Douglas Bullet – Daman Mills
    Buena Festa – Mick Wingert
    Marshall D. Teach (Blackbeard) – Chris Rager
    Donald Moderate – Anthony Bowling
    Ann – Macy Anne Johnson

Production Staff:
    ADR Director – Mike McFarland
    ADR Scriptwriter – Clint Bickham

Tickets going on sale tomorrow
    https://funi.to/stampede

Chris Rager as Teach is a great choice!. I'm always going to miss Cole Brown, but it's nice that Chris is playing him, he's in good hands.

Duuuude

Whoa, that's big news. Chris Rager is our new Blackbeard!

That worries me a bit, honestly. Not anything against Chris Rager, as he's a fine actor. But his trademark voice is rather recognizable, and I'm worried I might hear Arlong in his Blackbeard role. I'll of course reserve judgement until I see the movie. I'm confident Mike McFarland wouldn't have cast him if he wasn't a fine replacement.

I think Chris will do his best to sound closer to Cole's rendition of Teach than sounding like Arlong.

Just noticed that Funimation spoiled Law's full name for dub-only watchers, so oops.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    I might be misinterpreting what you're saying and I apologize if I do. He might not have been part of the brand management team, but he still might have been privy to some info about how One Piece was doing in the US (such as sales figures for DVD sales or viewer count on Funimation Now).

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    Looks like Chris Rager is our new Blackbeard. A pretty good choice, so long as he can keep himself from just sounding like Arlong.
    To be fair his voice for Arlong is similar to his voice for Mr. Satan. I've heard Chris in other shows like Assassination Classroom were I didn't know he was voicing a character until I saw his name in the credits, although in later episodes there were some instances were I could here Mr. Satan in his character's voice.

Daman Mills tagged Zach Bolton in his tweet announcing his role as Bullet so he's probably new Sabo, not listed on the cast list for obvious reasons

Finally I've been waiting for tickets to go on sale.

I just got episode of east blue, and saw the special feature. It was really nice, and it seems that they are really committed in dubbing the show, but please give us the announcement already.

Ah, Daman Mills was recording his lines for three hours straight on the day I toured. Very cool to know. Too bad the tour began right after he finished. :(

Don’t know Zach Bolton, but I won’t be too picky for Sabo. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

Glad to hear Blackbeard was well recasted. Hopefully the actor tries to match rather than reinvent.

Ah derp, I messed up my Zach's, Zach Bolton probably isn't Sabo then - they just didnt list Sabo for some reason, same with Hancock and Smoker

Chris Rager is a great choice for the new dub voice of Blackbeard. I enjoy his performances as Mr. Torgue (Borderlands), Mr. Satan, and Arlong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information