+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 190 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 3788

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

  1. #3681

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Michelle Rojas started tweeting about One Piece again after not tweeting about it for a while: https://twitter.com/littleramyun/sta...267363328?s=19

    Maybe they're up to Dressross in ADR prep? She did it for Punk Hazard
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

  2. #3682

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Whats the point of recording Punk Hazard and Dressrosa if they are not releasing those episodes?

  3. #3683

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by MugiwaraPirate View Post
    Whats the point of recording Punk Hazard and Dressrosa if they are not releasing those episodes?
    That means they’re getting ready to release episodes and don’t want there to be another break between PH and DR. If they begin releasing episodes in 26-packs, as some folks think, they’ll burn through their already recorded PH episodes quickly.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    That is, assuming she’s working on it now as suspected.

  4. #3684

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    That means they’re getting ready to release episodes and don’t want there to be another break between PH and DR. If they begin releasing episodes in 26-packs, as some folks think, they’ll burn through their already recorded PH episodes quickly.

    I hope this means they are dubbing it now. They need to get more episodes out, switch from the voyages on to the collections moving forward. Maybe this is why they've had such a long hiatus - they've dubbed up until the end of Dressrosa?. Who knows, they may go bi-monthly for a while (like they did with Marineford) in order to get these out.

  5. #3685

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    I hope this means they are dubbing it now. They need to get more episodes out, switch from the voyages on to the collections moving forward. Maybe this is why they've had such a long hiatus - they've dubbed up until the end of Dressrosa?. Who knows, they may go bi-monthly for a while (like they did with Marineford) in order to get these out.
    It seems like they’re just starting to dub Dressrosa now. That’s something like a hundred episodes. They’ll be busy with it for a while, so hopefully they’ll begin releasing PH before they’re done with a Dressrosa.

  6. #3686

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    It seems like they’re just starting to dub Dressrosa now. That’s something like a hundred episodes. They’ll be busy with it for a while, so hopefully they’ll begin releasing PH before they’re done with a Dressrosa.
    Hoping for PH in November then. Dressrosa is the longest Arc, so it is going to take a long time to get those out. I don't see them coming away from voyages then, as it won't suit them to do so.

  7. #3687
    Just badass Sano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keokuk, Iowa

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I doubt they are going to the collection route for the series. Mostly due it wouldn't make sense at this point espically with the next collection would be the last volume of Season 9 and the first volume of Season 10.

  8. #3688

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    I doubt they are going to the collection route for the series. Mostly due it wouldn't make sense at this point espically with the next collection would be the last volume of Season 9 and the first volume of Season 10.
    I’d say it doesn’t make sense financially for them. Why put in double the work for nearly the same retail pricing? They’d have to up the retail price to make that worth it (which I am entirely fine with, btw).

  9. #3689

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Either way we're about 3/4 of a year I believe since the last physical release. It's time for them to start giving some kind of indication as to what is going on.

  10. #3690

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    Either way we're about 3/4 of a year I believe since the last physical release. It's time for them to start giving some kind of indication as to what is going on.
    You mean a year and a half? May 2018 was the last episode release.

  11. #3691

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    The Collections have a lower list price than the Voyages anyway ($35 vs $40), so inconsistent spines aside it wouldn't cost the buyer anything extra if they went strait to Collection 24. I don't think it's likely though.

  12. #3692

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by LostTimeLord View Post
    The Collections have a lower list price than the Voyages anyway ($35 vs $40), so inconsistent spines aside it wouldn't cost the buyer anything extra if they went strait to Collection 24. I don't think it's likely though.
    Exactly. I’m talking about costs to the seller that don’t make it worth doing. Similar list price for them to dub and license double the episodes? Nah. Don’t see that happening.

  13. #3693

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    You mean a year and a half? May 2018 was the last episode release.
    Has it been that long? I've had so much going on IRL I guess more time passed than I realized since the end of Fishman Island. That is pretty crazy when you think about it considering we still don't know anything.

  14. #3694

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    Has it been that long? I've had so much going on IRL I guess more time passed than I realized since the end of Fishman Island. That is pretty crazy when you think about it considering we still don't know anything.
    Lol. What we been sayin

  15. #3695
    Discovered Stowaway Moriah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Seems ironic that the one day Roman Mack decides to make another sock account to crow about how we suck because we want the dub to continue, is the same day one voice actor is able to say that he believes the dub will continue and another is hinting that they are dubbing the Dressrosa arc.

    However I get the feeling the last release for One Piece of this year will likely be Episode of Sky Island. They'll likely formally announce that they'll be releasing more episodes either in October (to coincide with the 20th Anniversary) or sometime near the end of the year. Season 10 Voyage One will likely drop next year between January and March.

  16. #3696

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    No OP sales on Amazon Prime day. OP fans have had it rough lately regards dub. Doesn’t help that OP isn’t on any streaming services. My second cousin is getting into anime and watching Naruto and whatever else is on Netflix... can’t point him anywhere to start OP, especially in English since he’s so young.
    All the collections are on sale for like $14.74 over on rightstuf for their birthday though, and I remember you having trouble finding 15-17 for a good price.

  17. #3697

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by spiritharp View Post
    All the collections are on sale for like $14.74 over on rightstuf for their birthday though, and I remember you having trouble finding 15-17 for a good price.
    Good memory you have! Thanks! I finally picked them up! They were under the $50 needed for free shipping, so I grabbed the three Eva Rebuild movies, which I’ve never seen. Now to play the usual waiting game with Rightstuf, where the in stock items go out of stock while you’re waiting for the out of stock items to come in stock. It’s always a nightmare having more than two items on a Rightstuf order. This sale must really be wiping them out; four of my six items (no preorders) were out of stock.

  18. #3698

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I’m not sure because I can’t see the original tweet, but it looks like someone asked Michelle if she was back working on it and she said, “no I just watch One Piece.”

  19. #3699
    I'm a bad boy! ;) Nitwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Warship Island

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Can’t wait until there’s a documentary about Funimation years down the line.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

  20. #3700

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Have we passed the panic stage or how much longer away is it
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts