Memory: 1.5 GB
    LTE

I'm looking at the following phones:

CPU: 1.4 GHz quad-core
    Memory: 1 GB

CPU: 1.5 GHz dual-core
    Memory: 2 GB
    LTE

Which one of these will have overall superior performance (including battery life) to what I already have? I have a Live Background app, which does a lot of passive rendering of stars floating across the screen while idling. My current phone handles it fine, but both of those CPUs are weaker than mine. There's also a memory drop between them.

I don't really need the LTE. I intend to use a GSM card that doesn't have data, and use connect to wifi for internet. I want to keep my phone provider, and ISP separate (privacy reasons).
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Default Re: Comparing smartphone specs

what the fuck is this? What phones are you talking about. Posting random numbers don't do anything.

Default Re: Comparing smartphone specs

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    My current smartphone:

CPU: 1.7 GHz dual-core
    Memory: 1.5 GB
    LTE

I'm looking at the following phones:

CPU: 1.4 GHz quad-core
    Memory: 1 GB

CPU: 1.5 GHz dual-core
    Memory: 2 GB
    LTE

Which one of these will have overall superior performance (including battery life) to what I already have? I have a Live Background app, which does a lot of passive rendering of stars floating across the screen while idling. My current phone handles it fine, but both of those CPUs are weaker than mine. There's also a memory drop between them.

I don't really need the LTE. I intend to use a GSM card that doesn't have data, and use connect to wifi for internet. I want to keep my phone provider, and ISP separate (privacy reasons).
    Knowing which phones they both are is important, as well as the size of their respective batteries, but normally quad-core is going to have better performance and battery, because it can relegate tasks to two smaller cores, thus saving energy.
    But we really need to know the make of the phones before giving a definitive answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information