+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 810: The Curly Hat Pirates Arrive

Default Re: Chapter 810: The Curly Hat Pirates Arrive

Quote Originally Posted by cloudrivera View Post
    Hopefully the kings learned their lesson. If they would have worked together to fight Jack, maybe he would've been defeated.
    I don't think it'll make a difference against CC's weapon.
    They were no match for the poison gas, not Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Fenix View Post
    So going by his weapons, i guess Jack is for Zoro
    And when Luffy talks about how it's crazy how Kaido has a monster like Jack as his errand boy and it cuts to Zoro directly in the next panel, it alludes to the similarities between Jack and Zoro as their both monsters that follow somebody else and it foreshadows the eventual fight between Jack and Zoro.

Quote Originally Posted by retrobot View Post
    And when Luffy talks about how it's crazy how Kaido has a monster like Jack as his errand boy and it cuts to Zoro directly in the next panel, it alludes to the similarities between Jack and Zoro as their both monsters that follow somebody else and it foreshadows the eventual fight between Jack and Zoro.
    I didn't notice that! Gonna have to take another look at the chapter..

Guys, sit back and appreciate the beauty of jack's magnificent pigtails.

Anyway, i suspect pigtails are the current fashion statement in the OP world. EW, franky and jack have them. Before it was sunglasses.
    Btw, i like that badass cat
    Last edited by le crystal; December 17th, 2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: GRAMMARRR

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    Not to mention the Dressorosian citizens came off as really unlikable even after Doflamingo's masquerade was revealed. Mostly because no one forced them to act like mean spirited pricks to a teenage girl who had nothing to do with the deeds of her grandfather and they openly accepted the fight to death matches during Doffy's reign.
    10 years of brainwashing a populace not only through Sugar but through propaganda can do that to people (evidentally the WG supported the DF family's revised account). Remember, those that would have been sympathetic towards the old Riku family were likely already turned into toys. So only the gullible ones remained to fill the stands.

Discovered Stowaway jabso thelaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hy4000uk View Post
    is anyone else worried that future conflicts will seem a bit meh once the strawhats have taken care of kaido's crew?

I mean, if zoro takes out jack shiryu's going to look like nothing in comparison
    This is assuming shiryuu doesn't get some crazy power ups as the series goes on. He's not the same as 2 years back and even then he was kinda close to mage magellan level.
    Still I get where you're coming from. It's also why I hope zoro vs jack or luffy vs kaido won't be one on one's and more like team ups,sort of like against Oz.
    Time will remember us.

Jack looks really shitty in the bottom panel. If I didn't know he ate a mammoth fruit, I'd think he had eaten a wall closet fruit.

Spoiler:

His weapon doesn't look that hot either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I wonder why we never saw Jack go into the hybrid zoan form... that should be stronger than his human form. Come to think of it, we haven't seen Drake's hybrid form either have we? I wonder if ancient zoans are different in that regard, or just too awesome for us to see yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Jack looks really shitty in the bottom panel. If I didn't know he ate a mammoth fruit, I'd think he had eaten a wall closet fruit.

His weapon doesn't look that hot either.
    I see him as Elephant Gattling eater material here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotato View Post
    I wonder why we never saw Jack go into the hybrid zoan form... that should be stronger than his human form. Come to think of it, we haven't seen Drake's hybrid form either have we? I wonder if ancient zoans are different in that regard, or just too awesome for us to see yet.
    Well we barely saw the guy move. And Drake wasn't exposed much either.

Getting a little tired by oversized villains. 3 human mountains in a row, and Dofla was a big guy as well. 2 with pigtails. Granted, the pigtails could have hidden meaning. Big Mom is also pretty big.

I'd really love a little more diversity, regarding size most of all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Dang good chapter. Keep doing your thing Oda. This is an interesting twist on your storytelling style. At first I was iffy on it but since you are FINALLY showing Sanji, the way you're telling this is starting to pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
    I don't think it'll make a difference against CC's weapon.
    They were no match for the poison gas, not Jack.
    Yes, but what if they team up on jack from the start. They could defeat Jack before the 5 days when Jack used the gaz weapon.

A couple thoughts/comments:

1. What happened to Mangastream? I haven't read English scans for years but I remember they were the good group back then and it was other groups that forum-goers here laugh at/shit on?

2. Is it me or what happened to Inu and Neko the most brutal thing on screen in present day One Piece (technically still a flashback but very recent) since... idk Ace? (which, honestly was presented in more tragical fashion than brutal IMO)

3. That said, it's a bit hard to feel bad for the duo as their fate might turn out differently had they allied and fought Jack together. It's hard to imagine what kind of grudge they hold against each other that in a situation where their entire country's fate is at stake, they still don't want to cooperate. (And IF the grudge is THAT great, you wonder why they are still willing to co-exist, rather than go after each other's throat already) Here is hoping Oda make that eventual explanation a plausible one.

4. Last point still about the two: guessing their importance has to do with either the upcoming Reverie or Poneglyph.

What happened with Sanji?
    That's the half history of this ARC.

Anything goes for Sanji at this point, Oda even made sure not to show us Ceasar Clown to make us think he is with Sanji.

The big mom pirate encounter could not be over. Maybe they managed to track SH on Zou in the end, and Sanji left with Ceasar from them, so they don't capture him and protect nami and co? But since the focus is on Kaidou, that would lead to the big mom arcs, so unlikely. And doesn't explain Sanji's ''alive only poster''.

Heck, nothing explains Sanji's ''alive only ''bounty, since it's the first in 810 chapters. It must be something big.

I wonder if Jack and Whitebeard are brothers. Whitebeard http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150510232836 Jack http://readms.com/r/one_piece/810/3123/6

Quote Originally Posted by archanfel View Post
    A couple thoughts/comments:

1. What happened to Mangastream? I haven't read English scans for years but I remember they were the good group back then and it was other groups that forum-goers here laugh at/shit on?

2. Is it me or what happened to Inu and Neko the most brutal thing on screen in present day One Piece (technically still a flashback but very recent) since... idk Ace? (which, honestly was presented in more tragical fashion than brutal IMO)

3. That said, it's a bit hard to feel bad for the duo as their fate might turn out differently had they allied and fought Jack together. It's hard to imagine what kind of grudge they hold against each other that in a situation where their entire country's fate is at stake, they still don't want to cooperate. (And IF the grudge is THAT great, you wonder why they are still willing to co-exist, rather than go after each other's throat already) Here is hoping Oda make that eventual explanation a plausible one.

4. Last point still about the two: guessing their importance has to do with either the upcoming Reverie or Poneglyph.
    1. Mangastream is, to me, reliable enough. BUT they often provide some stupidly funny lines in their chapters. If I had the desire to learn the exact intention of every single word, I'd learn Japanese.

2. It's up there. It definitely felt like Oda is continuing his trend of layering on the brutality the further we get into the New World. It's a wise story-telling decision for what I've got to imagine is a very primal reason. But possibly it's a reason as simple as "the stakes are raised higher" that makes increased brutality throughout series that allow for it to be appealing to many people.

To answer your question... Two torn off limbs in one page. It wasn't explicitly shown but the results were shown. Pretty horrific. I sure can't think of anything. Smoker's lashing at the end of Punk Hazard was pretty harsh but doesn't compare to this. This kids' pirate manga has a LOT of brutal things to be quite frank. Arlong shooting Bellemere in the head, young Sanji eating flesh, Luffy getting hooked through the stomach, etc.

Do you guys know any website that uploads high quality sans?

Quote Originally Posted by Ned_Gutters View Post
    I'm more so assuming this will be another instance of inherited will. He says his malice will follow him until it curses him to his death; his malice - what he went through - will be a motivating factor in kicking the crap out of him if Luffy gets the chance. Through Luffy, Neko's malice will cause Jack's downfall.
    Most likely it'll be as you say. To me it's a bit repetitive Luffy is always the saviour/(the nitzscheanian superhuman). Wouldn't it be nicer if Neko and Inuarashi rivalry somehow gets solved and they both manage to beat Jack? Or if Neko's malice manage to be accomplished through Zoro's will to become the greatest swordsman?

Even so, repetitions are nice to read in One Piece. Right now I'm looking forward to see how the old friends will manage to get their friendship back.

Also I wait for this arc to somehow trigger major troubles upon the strawhats.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Yes, but what if they team up on jack from the start. They could defeat Jack before the 5 days when Jack used the gaz weapon.
    OR they would have pushed him to use the gaz weapon on day 2 instead of day 5. Or, run out of stamina (of which Jack has a tremendous supply, considering he fought continuously for 5 full days while the minks took shifts).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information