+ Reply to Thread
Page 525 of 533 FirstFirst ... 25 425 475 515 523 524 525 526 527 ... LastLast
Results 10,481 to 10,500 of 10648

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

It's especially weird when Oda eventually points out that some fans like Hori started their own series, but I guess it's a copyright issue. Gotta get permission from those Japanese kids from 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Nidhoeggr; October 24th, 2021 at 12:17 AM.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Do you guys think there is a reason behind Oda having Sir Crocodile and Doflamingo face off two (or was it three?) different times at Marine Ford? Do you think he was foreshadowing some sort of event in the future or was it just a random face off he did at Marineford

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Do you guys think there is a reason behind Oda having Sir Crocodile and Doflamingo face off two (or was it three?) different times at Marine Ford? Do you think he was foreshadowing some sort of event in the future or was it just a random face off he did at Marineford
    Crocodile and Doffy mirror each other in what they accomplished in the One Piece world, i.e (Take over a nation, subjugate it's people, be the first major antagonist/test for Luffy on each half of the Grand Line.)
    The difference between them was that Doffy was successful in his initial takeover and Crocodile wasn't. I think Oda wanted to physically connect the characters so that the readers could link the two together in the story before he fleshed out Doffy in the New World.

Crocodile is still in the New World reading newspapers, honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being neutral/joining the final war as an Ally, because Oda let him back into the New World for a reason.
    He doesn't really respect Blackbeard as far as I remember, and he's not a threat to Luffy at all. I remember being excited just because he was another plot thread to keep track of his movements. Maybe he'll continue his Whitebeard grudge with Edward Weevil or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    They used to date.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    They used to date.
    Crocodile was cheating on Dragon with Doflamingo?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Crocodile was cheating on Dragon with Doflamingo?
    That is obviously the true reason why Dragon wants to take down CDs

Quote Originally Posted by statu variabilis View Post
    Can't argue with that. Doffy has clearly the face of someone who steals both your bf and gf.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    They used to date.
    I mean...

Spoiler:

Yeah, I wasn't joking. That was a legit observation.

It doesn't even matter if you buy into femme croc theories or not.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by statu variabilis View Post
    Nah, Doffy was Crocodile's rebound after Dragon.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

If this was Bleach Doffy would definitely turn out to be Luffy's mom.

https://one-piece.com/special/greg/d...1257.html?l=en

New column's out. One part stuck out to me, when Greg talks about Killer and his relationship with Kid, he writes this:

"(...) these two have probably been through some *tough* spots before; not the least of which was facing Sakazuki together at some point during the time-skip."

Soo...is this some confirmation? Speculation? Something that was already known?

Cause the Kid Pirates facing Sakazuki at some point during the timeskip is news to me. Like, it makes sense (Killer has a nasty burn injury after all), but I sure as hell didn't know that's what went on.

Edit: Or maybe he meant Shanks?

Good catch there. Interestingly, the google translated version of the Japanese column doesn't seem to have that bit at all. I tried running a search for both Shanks' and Sakazuki's names on the raw text as well and found nothing.

Would definitely love some clarification, even if it is just a typo.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Sakazuki going after some of the supernova after moving the marine headquarters to the New World side makes sense. Especially after pirates like Bonney and Kid.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Re: Sakazuki
    Entirely my bad. I totally neglected to put a qualifier in there. Admittedly, I've also head-canon'd it pretty hard but still I intended to put a 'their possible confrontation with...' etc.

It's not in the JP version because sometimes I do try to get a bit more cheeky with English articles in terms of inference or mentioning copyrighted material but I didn't intend to make that a statement.

Still....I *have* head-canon'd it for myself pretty hard so I should reprimand my subconscious. I mean...dude's arm is shorn off and Killer (who would risk life and limb to save his partner) just *coincidentally* has burn marks all over him? In the end, it's One Piece and *ANYTHING* could have happened. They might not even be related events. But still.....^o^

My apologies for the confusion.

Unrelated....

A poster postulated that informing the OP team about 'furries' turned them off or that Oda's 'former creeper editor' who likes Carrot weirded him out and that's why he doesn't focus on minks.

1. If anything they were fascinated and wanted to know more. I made a thread on that a while back detailing the whole story of how bringing up furries became a scripted moment.

2. That 'creeper editor' is *still* a much-trusted editor on One Piece. One Piece has four editors, three of them dealing with different aspects of the series.

Oda doesn't focus on minks because....they're not the Strawhats and this isn't Dressrosa. There's also the very real fact that Onigashima isn't done and besides that, he's currently juggling....what? Gotta be at least 70-100 named characters in one location?
    Last edited by Greg; October 28th, 2021 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Entirely my bad. I totally neglected to put a qualifier in there. Admittedly, I've also head-canon'd it pretty hard but still I intended to put a 'their possible confrontation with...' etc.

It's not in the JP version because sometimes I do try to get a bit more cheeky with English articles in terms of inference or mentioning copyrighted material but I didn't intend to make that a statement.

Still....I *have* head-canon'd it for myself pretty hard so I should reprimand my subconscious. I mean...dude's arm is shorn off and Killer (who would risk life and limb to save his partner) just *coincidentally* has burn marks all over him? In the end, it's One Piece and *ANYTHING* could have happened. They might not even be related events. But still.....^o^

The burn scars I get, and it might be a neat connection if he helped get Bonney out of the tight spot she was last seen in entering the timeskip, but as for the arm...

I don't see what reason he'd have to lie about it here.

Allegedly 170 chapters left and we are still in Wano's climax with 4 big fights and many unresolved plotlines. People shouldn't take the 5 years plan that seriously, the pacing and offscreening are already destructive enough.

0 needs for apologies. I should've guessed it was a head-cannon thingie. And it makes sense! In fact, there should be more clashes between high ranking marines and dangerous pirates, and the Kid pirates are amongst the (supposedly) more dangerous.

But good to know I didn't miss a piece of official canon information, since those now can appear in a myriad different media - the magazine, the manga, the vivre cards, sbs... - and I don't discard just entirely missing something.

I have nothing to add. I'm just posting after Greg's last post for some reason.

Unrelated....

A poster postulated that informing the OP team about 'furries' turned them off or that Oda's 'former creeper editor' who likes Carrot weirded him out and that's why he doesn't focus on minks.

1. If anything they were fascinated and wanted to know more. I made a thread on that a while back detailing the whole story of how bringing up furries became a scripted moment.

2. That 'creeper editor' is *still* a much-trusted editor on One Piece. One Piece has four editors, three of them dealing with different aspects of the series.

Oda doesn't focus on minks because....they're not the Strawhats and this isn't Dressrosa. There's also the very real fact that Onigashima isn't done and besides that, he's currently juggling....what? Gotta be at least 70-100 named characters in one location?
    I never got the impression Oda's storytelling choices would be so easily swayed or impacted by those types of things. And I agree that there's still plenty of time remaining in this arc for Oda to give the minks or one Mink in particular a larger role. Or maybe it's going to be in a future story arc.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information