+ Reply to Thread
Page 524 of 531 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 522 523 524 525 526 ... LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,480 of 10613

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Got to say Greg how did Oda not do Dinosaurs on Mt. Fuji? That would have been one of the coolest things in the series. Maybe it got lost for the sake of moving the story forward. I wonder what if anything got cut for placings sake in Wano. Hopefully one day we get all Odas notes of ideas he had for the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfruitydude View Post
    Got to say Greg how did Oda not do Dinosaurs on Mt. Fuji? That would have been one of the coolest things in the series. Maybe it got lost for the sake of moving the story forward. I wonder what if anything got cut for placings sake in Wano. Hopefully one day we get all Odas notes of ideas he had for the arc.
    One of the big ones for me is I think he set up Kanjuro using Yasuei's fro as a brush perfectly. I can't imagine that he didn't have it in mind, but I can see where it'd be a thing to cut out for time's sake.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Greg any reason you didn’t talk about the Oni stuff in your newest blog ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What you see in the start of the arc isn't a different Fujiyama.

That's Fujiyama.

This is an island and they get from place to place rather quickly.

Yes, Fujiyama is that big. Even in real Japan you can see Fuji from an absolutely absurd distance.

I'd tell you it can be glimpsed all the way from Shiga but I don't think that would mean anything to someone not up on JP geography.
    The Anime clearly depicted it as a mountain near the Kuri beach, so they simply made a mistake.

So then it becomes clear that they also made a mistake when the Daimyos gathered at the capital (chapter 965). In the Anime the blue haired Daimyo is clearly not Ushimaru, implying he already had passed away. Well, we now know he met Yamato, and the Vivre Card confirmed he fought Kaido 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Scabbard Avenger; October 7th, 2021 at 01:53 AM.

It would have been amazing if we had battles placed in different places throughout Wano, give us some spectacular scenery to go with the fights, alas that’s not what Oda wanted

Greg you said we may get multiple more members of the Straw Hat Pirates, would that mean Black Beard Pirates might get more members?

Anyone see Greg's newest column?! Sanji and the alien theories! Finally out in the open! Anytime I brought it up it was because of this theory of his from a while back. As time went on during Whole Cake, details about Judge and Germa fit the alien theory way too well.

But Greg what do you think is going on with Sanji now? Please oh please tell me he won't have the Germa kids enhanced exoskeletons! Tell me it's all ploy by Oda to get our expectations all twisted.

I hope Vegapunk, Judge, or Queen give some clear closure on what's going on with Sanji.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

I more and more hope it is Judge's experiments finally bearing fruit.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Greg how long do you think until we get a Kaido flashback?

And if you believe that Yamato is joining the crew, Do you believe he will he get another flashback that shows his dream, tragic past and mentor figure or do the flashbacks we already have fulfill that role

Also do you know what species Gecko Moria is?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Greg how long do you think until we get a Kaido flashback?

And if you believe that Yamato is joining the crew, Do you believe he will he get another flashback that shows his dream, tragic past and mentor figure or do the flashbacks we already have fulfill that role
    I'm not Greg but the place to put any such flashback would be after King and Queen are dealt with and plopping a flashback in won't slow down the battle momentum or drama for any of the sub fights or rest of the arc... but still be at a time where it can add some depth and layers to the final battle and give it some more emotional punch when its done. It's most notably how Oda handled it for Drum and Skypeia. Other cases like Baratie, Arlong, Enies Lobby, Fishman Island, Dresserossa, he did it before the big fights started happening. Doing it after is pretty rare, I think Brook is the only time that's really happened and that wasn't actually connected at all to the current situation so it made sense to hold it. . And I guess maybe Luffy's second childhood.

So if there's going to be one, it'll be soon, but not for at least a few more chapter yet. I'd kind of figured Luffy arriving back on the roof would be that moment but he got back earlier than I expected and we're sending Yamato off take out some bombs and give the rest of the still standing crew something to do, so that probably has to be setup and done in a way that we can get a proper audience of spectators..
    Last edited by Robby; October 19th, 2021 at 02:20 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

If it happens that way, it'll probably be in January.

I can see it as Luffy and Kaido get the focus and exchange some words. Kaido says something about humans, Joyboy, or Yamato's intentions and then we go in to the past.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    If it happens that way, it'll probably be in January.

I can see it as Luffy and Kaido get the focus and exchange some words. Kaido says something about humans, Joyboy, or Yamato's intentions and then we go in to the past.
    This would make a lot of sense, especially since history tells us the final round of Luffy-Kaido will be with an audience. It has been amusing to see all the benchmarks for normal flashback timings come and go... I suspect it's because Kaido will be sympathetic in some way, which would undermine the current tension if it was revealed too soon.

After observing some Twitter discussions, I want to hear your opinion on this.

Regarding the never ending (and annoying) discussion in the western fanbase when exactly Wano will end, a small detail that finally might put it to rest.

There are two words in Japanese for "act", 幕 maku and 段 dan. 段 dan is usually used for jidaimono plays (usually 5 acts, the popular play Kanadehon Chūshingura even has 11), while 幕 is used for sewamono plays with 3 acts. Besides the traditional theatre, modernized genres like Super Kabuki use maku as well: Super Kabuki II: One Piece for instance had 3 幕 with the climax being in the last act.

And guess what Wano's act are called: 幕 maku.

This detail could lay this entire annoying discussion to a rest (FINALLY), unless Oda wants to fool the (Japanese) audience (truth to be told, Wano thematically is much much closer to jidaimono).

Sorry to bring this up again, it is the last time, but I think this is an interesting detail.

LOL Never cared and after a while the 5 act talk seemed will to still believe in or hope for (no different than the idiotic the raid will fail theory).

But by the time I got to there are two words in Japanese I was like nah, no, nope. You're not going to get these ppl to give up on this with multiple same word translations and word definitions lol
    Last.fm

From what I've heard (somebody who read the Japanese wikipedia) kabukis can have any number of acts between 1 and 9. So I'm not expecting anything from this act number thing anymore.

Oda did a unique act structure thing, and then suddenly a lot of people read a single wikipedia article and became experts on kabuki theater, and then based theories around that new expertise for like a year.

It's a bit silly.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Can someone tell me where this image is from, it looks like it's from the Usopp Gallery Pirates but I don't know which volume.

Back when ppl thought Ace was biologically related to the Monkey clan.
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWitch View Post
    Can someone tell me where this image is from, it looks like it's from the Usopp Gallery Pirates but I don't know which volume.
    https://i.imgur.com/f7Rz8bj.jpeg
    That's definitely the UGP background, it should be in one of them. But if we assume the earliest it could have appeared was when Garp and Dragon were established as Luffy's family in volume 45, that's a lot of volumes to check, so you might have to do that yourself...

...is what I was going to say, but I halfheartedly opened a couple at random and was lucky enough to find it on page 212 of volume 47.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    That's definitely the UGP background, it should be in one of them. But if we assume the earliest it could have appeared was when Garp and Dragon were established as Luffy's family in volume 45, that's a lot of volumes to check, so you might have to do that yourself...

...is what I was going to say, but I halfheartedly opened a couple at random and was lucky enough to find it on page 212 of volume 47.
    Awesome! Thank you for finding the source.

It still annoys em that the English printings took out all the awesome fanart and put in complete crap by 5 year olds in the US... and then eventually just stopped doing it entirely and left in blank pages.

It's almost certainly a permissions issue and would be more headache and hassle than it's worth to print the japanese reader's art, but still. They keep the SBS title headers so I'm not sure what the issue is.
    Last edited by Robby; October 24th, 2021 at 12:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information