+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 444 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 8880

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

The amount of Bullshit being told by that JohnTnaig (dumb troll) and JoyBoy are one a different level

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    The amount of Bullshit being told by that JohnTnaig (dumb troll) and JoyBoy are one a different level
    I don't think they're trolling and the way they approach One Piece certainly is the same as a pretty big portion of its fans.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

We reached a point when someone praised Big Mom's strength and complained that Kaido is by far the weakest of the Four Emperors. Good job guys, see you after Kaido needs basically every character in this arc to fight him before Luffy can finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I don't think they're trolling and the way they approach One Piece certainly is the same as a pretty big portion of its fans.
    They are trolling - otherwise they are absolutely ignorant, incompetent and just talking bs.

Especially calling Kaido the weakest..

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    We reached a point when someone praised Big Mom's strength and complained that Kaido is by far the weakest of the Four Emperors. Good job guys, see you after Kaido needs basically every character in this arc to fight him before Luffy can finish the job.
    Pfffft, you think that will convince them?

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I don't believe Blackbeard is the final villain because it doesn't fit the narrative at all. Has nothing to do with power level.
    Wow.. I dont expect something like this coming from you Cosmo...

Another thing regarding Kaido vs Oden, the result, powerlevel discussion or whatever. Also a little bit of that anime vs manga complaints, thanks HeartofDarkness, Blissed, Robby and some others for sharing your input.
    You guys reminding me of why apforums is my favorite One Piece forums and still is. This showed me that ylthere are many other fans who dont need some How to Write a Story Text book or creating your own headcannon to actually understand a literature.

What do you guys think Kings race is?

I...what?

Kaido is the *strongest* creature in the world.

Not the toughest, craftiest, most lithe, smartest, best swordsman, most invulnerable, fairest, cheapest, most weapon-savvy, best strategist, or any other superlative.

Put him in an arm-wrestling contest, he's probably going to win majority of matches.

Put him up against a swordsman it's an entirely different set of rules, checks and balances.

If Kaido was deemed the 'greatest warrior in all fields known to humankind' and he was depicted as losing, yeah, that would take him down a notch. But Kaido is tough (never said to be the toughest), and he's strong. If he betrays that strength, yes, Oda has failed. But him falling to a weapon doesn't betray anything about his establishment. Only the blanks we fill in on our own.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    What do you guys think Kings race is?
    I would imagine some sort of Sky-Lander.

Come to think of it, you'd think people would take more notice of Urouge for being one, as well.

Well said Greg.

16 chars
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I would imagine some sort of Sky-Lander.

Come to think of it, you'd think people would take more notice of Urouge for being one, as well.
    I assumed if it was just another race we already knew about Oda would have just outright said it and not left an air of mystery to it

I could be wrong though

My personal theory is Fairies since I can’t think of much else From mythology Oda hasn’t done already that has wings

Probably wrong on that one though

I like powerlevels. I think they're fun.

However, you have to understand story is always going to take over more than powerlevels. Kaidou is such a foil to Oden I thought it was perfect for Oden to beat Kaidou.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I...what?

Not the toughest, craftiest, most lithe, smartest, best swordsman, most invulnerable, fairest, cheapest, most weapon-savvy, best strategist, or any other superlative.

Put him in an arm-wrestling contest, he's probably going to win majority of matches.

Put him up against a swordsman it's an entirely different set of rules, checks and balances.

If Kaido was deemed the 'greatest warrior in all fields known to humankind' and he was depicted as losing, yeah, that would take him down a notch. But Kaido is tough (never said to be the toughest), and he's strong. If he betrays that strength, yes, Oda has failed. But him falling to a weapon doesn't betray anything about his establishment. Only the blanks we fill in on our own.
    This is a well-written post of course but... Next chapter will answer a loooot of questions people have.
    I think what is best to do is just wait and see, a very short time.
    People tend to get caught up in Oda's baiting, which he does love to do. It's not a meme, it's an actual tactic he uses.
    The amount of people who were like "OMG BRO DID KAIDO GET KNOCKED OUT?? WHITE EYES!!" when we ended on the Elephant Gun in 922~ (a regular Gear 3 attack... an attack Doflamingo took as if it was a joke) was utterly hilarious and really exposed that a lot of the fandom just does not look even slightly past the surface level of what's going on. All this sets them up to do is immediately get proven wrong.

Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

IMO it would be legit for Kaidou to have PTS from Oden. After all he took the only wound he has from him.
    The way how he got rid of Oden also seems like he wanted him outta the way asap. Or for "Arlong-villain-hypage".
    But I'm quite sure the scabbards won't leave a single Scratch on Kaidou. Kaidou will just be pissed that they tossed him by surprise off the balcony.
    I'm more surprised Luffy let the scabbards attack Kaidou first. He sure has grown up.
    IDK if a younger Luffy would have managed to let that happen.

EDIT: Kaidou's intro told us he suffered 7 defeats (my headcanon says Rocks, Garp, his mom, Maybe?)
    But the intro also told us those defeats might not have happened recently.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; August 4th, 2020 at 11:17 PM.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I...what?

Pretty sure Greg that if you are introduced as someone who literally nobody can kill then you are the toughest. At least thatís how I understand it

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    So, Joy Boy, got a question for you. If next chapter, Kaido beats the Scabbards down, are you going to come back to this thread and take back all your shittalking?
    Nobody is expecting Kaido to lose now. Itís his overall portrayal thatís taken a hit. Oda gives him a great showing in chapter 985 only to have himself shit his pants against the scabbards and getting PTSD

You're like a semi malfunctioning robot at this point
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post
    You're like a semi malfunctioning robot at this point
    Instead of trying to insult me, you can try to counter my points. Calling me a troll and then not giving a single one good counter argument does not help you

Nah. Instead of doing that, I'll direct you to read Greg's post again. He had a good point.

Also, stop calling it PTSD, it's dumb, are you eleven?
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post

Also, stop calling it PTSD, it's dumb, are you eleven?
    Yes. Please. It's not only dumb, pointless but I also feel like people could be offended ...

When part of Kaidous introduction is literally "nothing can hurt this man, guillotine blades break on his neck and he laughs about it", combined with the whole unscathed from jumping from 10.000 meters thing, I think its fair to say that Kaidou was indeed pitched as tough and durable, including yes -explicitly - when faced with blades

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information