+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 713: ''Barrier Barrier! The Godly Homage Fist Strikes!''

Default 713: ''Barrier Barrier! The Godly Homage Fist Strikes!''

Well, guess we need to have Kuma come in and send Gladius to Ruscaina before he destroys Dressrosa now...

Title: "Barrier Barrier! The Godly Homage Fist Strikes!"
    Chapters Covered: rest of 773
    Episode Director: Masahiro Hosoda (***)
    Animation Director: Kenji Yokoyama (***)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 713: ''Barrier Barrier! The Godly Homage Fist Strikes!''

Streaming Link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Galaxy9000

No second link this week. I'm not home.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

Two of the best moments in the entire episode IMO. :)
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 9/4/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

It was cute to see Bartolomeo attempt Luffy's Gatling Gun in the flashback. I don't remember if that was in the manga, but great nevertheless.

The problem with episodes where stuff should be happening quickly and isn't drives me nuts.

Robin: let me stand here and stare at this full on crazy guy while he tries to sort it out instead of walking up to the top of the plateau.
    Gladius: Ive initiated a massive explosion. It's taking a hella long time. Let me also taunt my enemy while getting ready to explode myself.
    Barto: Let me think about what I should be thinking about doing and having a flashback on what others would do to resolve this problem.

I feel like 90% of the episode was a whole lot of nothing when stuff should have, could have been happening at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    The problem with episodes where stuff should be happening quickly and isn't drives me nuts.

Robin: let me stand here and stare at this full on crazy guy while he tries to sort it out instead of walking up to the top of the plateau.
    Gladius: Ive initiated a massive explosion. It's taking a hella long time. Let me also taunt my enemy while getting ready to explode myself.
    Barto: Let me think about what I should be thinking about doing and having a flashback on what others would do to resolve this problem.

I feel like 90% of the episode was a whole lot of nothing when stuff should have, could have been happening at the same time.
    I've just come to accept that the anime will butcher most fights by slowing them down and taking away the quick KOs and decision making. I.e. Recently Hakuba one shot Dellinger in the manga, but in the anime, they had him basically go ham on Dellinger to stretch it out. It just reduced the impact of his strength and speed.

Many people in my country love this episode very much, and I really want to see what people think of this episode in AP.

But maybe I made a bad decision.

The episode is okay. I preferred the manga chapter. But it wasn't a bad episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post

Yep, for me the biggest downfall of the anime isnt the animation but how little content they cover in a 20 minute episode

Quote Originally Posted by Bamind View Post
    Many people in my country love this episode very much, and I really want to see what people think of this episode in AP.

But maybe I made a bad decision.
    Same people complaining about the same things every week. Nothing new.

Check this out, it's pretty epic

They messed up on Bartolomeo's filler. Like they had him bugging out over Luffy when he took out Spartan, even though he didn't discover that he'd shown up until B block ended. Sometimes you try too hard.

Other than the filler mistakes, though, I thought they did a good job. They've done a really good job animating Diamante's attacks so far. And I was pretty worried about the Hakuba bit in this episode, but I really enjoyed it.

And so passes one of the few Family members who don't go down like complete chumps.

I thought the start with Robin and Cavendish/Hakuba went on for a bit too long (and shouldn't his normal blue eye go on the normal side of his face?) but otherwise it was an alright episode. I would've given more oomph to the final blow though - more impact lines or something like that.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I agree with the latter comments--it was an alright episode. Could have been better, but there was nothing that seriously hampered it out of usual Toei-ness. Better than last week's at least.

Heh, didn't catch the Spartan hole.

Bartolomeo...

so sad that he is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Bartolomeo...

so sad that he is gone
    On the bright side
    Spoiler:
    ifwhen there's a filler arc after Dressrosa, Barto will definitely be a part of it

But there would be no Sanji =(

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information