View Poll Results: What are Minkmen?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anthropomorphic Animals (Bepo, Pekoms)

140 42.55%
  • Humans with animalistic features (Mysterious Zou Girl)

67 20.36%
  • Both

95 28.88%
  • Something else entirely

27 8.21%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Zou Thread

Default Official Zou Thread

We're onto a new adventure, on the back of a giant elephant no less!

Discuss everything Zou related in here.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Default Re: Official Zou Thread

For some reason I totally was expecting that elephant to take a crap on the Going Luffy

There's definitely going to be some mysteries about this island. Can't wait to see what's up with it
    Last edited by TheXDrake; October 1st, 2015 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheXDrake View Post
    There's definitely going to be some mysteries about this island. Can't wait to see what's up with it
    Oh, most certainly.

The most prominent being, for me, the indigenous Minkmen, that we'll finally get to see in all their glory.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    Oh, most certainly.

The most prominent being, for me, the indigenous Minkmen, that we'll finally get to see in all their glory.
    I've been excited to see what's up with them ever since Sabaody.

Also, Chopper can talk to animals, and the elephant is over 1000 years old, maybe we can get something out of that

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    And that's it. We have reached the top. Nothing can get better than this, might as well close the thread now.

I wonder how they get up there. Maybe this elephant has internal stairs, just like Laboon

It seems Bepo and the others didn't join forces with the swirlyhats. But we also haven't seen a submarine yet. So I really hope we see Laws crew here somewhere.
    And maybe Luffy dodged the ball of meeting the "son" of Whitebeard because the latter and his mother aren't able to find Zou?
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

I don't know if anyone pointed this out but the other Strawhats are definitely on Zou

Elephant - 1000 years old - Chopper can talk with animal - there's a lot possibility! Void century story? Joy boy?

Zou reminds me Deer King Sky btw.
    I don't know if anyone pointed this out but the other Strawhats are definitely on Zou http://oi62.tinypic.com/117g0o0.jpg
    I hope they fixed the Sunny really well cause if they just leaved empty on open sea, Franky will be pissed.

The groups on the island are as follows: Strawhats, Law's crew, Barto's crew, Kaidou Pirates and Minkmen.

The Marco and the others may or may not have a part in the arc, with Jack as possible main villain and Weevil as an antagonist.

I don't know if anyone pointed this out but the other Strawhats are definitely on Zou http://oi62.tinypic.com/117g0o0.jpg
    Cool, I think with hints people already pointed out like the uneven terrain comments by Nami and the animal looking girl(guess she is a minkmen) but this cements it yeah.

---

Also I said this on the chapter thread but I'm expecting this to be a smaller transition arc to a bigger one with possibly finally getting a new crewmate a Mink girl/guy for diversity sake, its not hard to believe one of them might want to get out of Zou and explore the world since they have been isolated there for 1000 years.

Seems like the SHs might be the ones bringing trouble to the island instead of finding a villain there, the Kaidou guys came after the SHs to get Momonosuke it seems, WB Jr. is coming to get Luffy so Marco notices him, etc maybe Kaidou people were already there and maybe enslaving the Minkmen.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Greg was already suspecting of the island being a life form on his column after chapter 795. It seems he was right.

As for the factions playing a part in the island, I wouldn't rule out Capone if he is indeed working for Big Mom and after he said he'd go after Caesar Clown. Caesar is at Zou with Sanji and the rest, so. . .yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Greg was already suspecting of the island being a life form on his column after chapter 795. It seems he was right.

As for the factions playing a part in the island, I wouldn't rule out Capone if he is indeed working for Big Mom and after he said he'd go after Caesar Clown. Caesar is at Zou with Sanji and the rest, so. . .yeah.
    After all Capone himself is just like the giant elephant for the little men inside him

Quote Originally Posted by oikgerd View Post
    Elephant - 1000 years old - Chopper can talk with animal - there's a lot possibility! Void century story? Joy boy?
    Luffy can also hear the voice of all things, so it might get even better.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

I'm ready for a 5 year arc this time! Bring it on Oda!

I've got this feeling that the arc will be about the same length as Jaya. I don't know what to expect from it really, the minkmen and Kaidou's underlings will probably be the main focus and that is partially the reason why I don't think it will be without a major villain. Naturally, the fox-like girl we saw is a minkwoman and I would guess they are hostile to other people because of Kaidou's men and other pirates.
    So far, we've seen that Kaidou has a lieutenant on the island, who I strongly doubt is very high up in his ranks, probably an analogous ranking to a baroque work's frontier agent. So she shouldn't be way too much of a bother for the combined efforts of Law and Luffy. I doubt that Jokebeard will show up this time. Largely because you can't track Zou with a logposse and since it's been a week since they left Dressrosa, it should be more or less impossible for anyone to track Luffy and Law. He might however, become a menace right after that, if they head for Wano ( which they just might ) they could meet him on the way. I also figured that there are two spots open for the Royal Schichibukai now. Meaning that they will probably be introduced shortly, since these transition arcs tend to show what's going on a bit here and there. As for the discussion about Jack and the Admirals, since they've done a week's timeskip I doubt anything substantial happened. We might get a comedic chapter in a short while where Jack and his henchmen are chained in the basement together with Mingo.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    After all Capone himself is just like the giant elephant for the little men inside him

All the images in my head, I can't undo them!

Yeah why was kaido's crew on the island.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information