Thread: Enen no Shouboutai

Default Enen no Shouboutai

Enen no Shouboutai
    Genre: Sci-fi, Fantasy, Action, Shounen
    Author: Ohkubo Atsushi
    Serialization: Weekly Shounen Magazine
    Publisher: Kodansha

Chapter 1 (Japanese)
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; September 23rd, 2015 at 02:18 PM.

Default Re: Enen no Shouboutai

Firefighters are the National Superheroes.
    Alongside the Mailman.

Imma need this translated. Looks really promising

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

That looks.. GREAT

The first chapter was really great, vibrant and refined. For sure this will be a hit. Love how the concept was developed throughout the chapter.

Shipmate

Chapter 0 English scanlation.

It's good to have Ohkubo back.
    Last edited by Silverblade; October 8th, 2015 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Wrong number~

The MC is so Yoko.
    And by now Maki is best girl.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

been a very long time since I have been interested in a new manga. this has a neat concept I'll definitely follow this one
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Great to have Ohkubo back, in the weekly magazine hope to get a lot of wonderful spreads.

ahhh I must have missed the detail that this was weekly. Certainly looking forward to adding this to my list of 'must reads' per week. No doubt, it is far more polished than Soul Eater in terms of presentation. Ohkubo definintely went a long way,

dat fuckin' spread of the characters. Classic Soul Eater vibe, I'm digging this already.

This concept is really unique. I hope it takes off. So far I'm impressed. I like the smarmy smile flaw. The ability users and having a Sister as part of the team. Also that their leader just works out everywhere lol.

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

Really good chapter, can't wait for the next one

Wait, so GanGan lost yet another of their biggest mangaka to another publisher?
    Ouch, haven't read that magazine in a while but I imagine it's a hollow shell now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Ouch, haven't read that magazine in a while but I imagine it's a hollow shell now.
    It has Barakamon and Handa-kun, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It has Barakamon and Handa-kun, right now.
    Certainly a nice title, but as a franchise less than half of Soul Eater (not to mention the massive giant FMA)
    Then again, GanGan was never that huge a magazine, so one could say their glory days are over and they just reverted back to their normal state.

I'm not subscribed to Shounen Magazine right now, because after Again! ended and Yamada-kun became boring, I realized I just didn't give enough of a fuck to keep it. Okubo coming to Magazine might make me want to read again.
    (I keep sub of Bessatsu because I feel its' the best read out of Magazine line up right now. YM is pretty good too, but there's just too few manga I'm interested in it.)
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; September 23rd, 2015 at 03:02 AM.

Gangan has Kishimoto too (not the one you're thinking of, the other one)

anyway, I liked chapter zero so I'll follow this manga

i hope the fireball creatures from the color pages become regular characters in this manga

Certainly a nice title, but as a franchise less than half of Soul Eater (not to mention the massive giant FMA)
    I doubt it. They are at same level as Soul Eater; heck, Handa-kun is already popular even without an anime. So, those two are definitely pretty big series. But, it is true that they are nowhere near FMA (it will be very, very, very, very, and very hard to find series with same popularity as FMA; especially for lesser known magazine).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by spyda View Post
    Gangan has Kishimoto too (not the one you're thinking of, the other one)
    Yeah, but it isn't popular. Having Kishimito's brother is very different from having Kishimoto, himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    I doubt it. They are at same level as Soul Eater; heck, Handa-kun is already popular even without an anime. So, those two are definitely pretty big series.
    I wish that was true, but Barakamon is still only at 4 mill for all 12 volumes, and Handakun is at 230k (+ whatever the third vol sold)

Nowhere close to 13 million at 25v Soul Eater achieved, at least not yet.
    I've no doubt the title can achieve that level of success in the future (given if it last as long), but it hasn't reached there yet.

Believe it or not, Soul Eater was one of the top 5 biggest franchise GanGan has ever had.

I wish that was true, but Barakamon is still only at 4 mill for all 12 volumes, and Handakun is at 230k (+ whatever the third vol sold)

Nowhere close to 13 million at 25v Soul Eater achieved, at least not yet.
    I've no doubt the title can achieve that level of success in the future (given if it last as long), but it hasn't reached there yet.

Believe it or not, Soul Eater was one of the top 5 biggest franchise GanGan has ever had.
    Handa-kun sold 1.3 million within 4 volumes. Plus, the biggest thing is that two series (original + spin-off) are selling really high. I know that Soul Eater is one of top 5 best selling Gangan series, but its spin-off wasn't very popular (even animation was awful). As compared to that, there isn't much example for series that have success in both original and spin-off. Thus, it has possibility to make big franchise as well; heck Handa-kun's popularity may also going to increase because of anime.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information