+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 709: ''The Decisive Battle with the Executives - Proud, Mighty Hajrudin''

Default Re: 709: ''The Decisive Battle with the Executives - Proud, Mighty Hajrudin''

They really padded out the Bellamy scene and then didn't even include all the dialogue yet...
    And as a person who really liked Hajrudin's finisher in the manga I was also pretty disappointed. I expected some epic 'hell yeah' soundtrack for it, but then they used one which I rather see in a scene where a villain does something evil. Didn't really fit the moment at all imo.

Default Re: 709: ''The Decisive Battle with the Executives - Proud, Mighty Hajrudin''

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    Spoiler:
    no i don't read the manga and thanks for letting me know and yeah that is pretty pathetic for how much hype this group received lol, i have been tempted to read the manga which how much this arc has been drawn out
    Spoiler:

Worst disappointment for me was dellinger and lao G and pretty much the 3 cards executive the only one who do justice in the family in terms of fighting is gladius and senor pink (the only 2 who didn't get one shotted and ofc DD) and really the double backstory of baby 5 and senor was the only thing to look forward to here

Only 2 pages left of the fight between Bellamy and Luffy to be shown in the anime, other that that it's a 2 month wait til the anime returns to the fights between to Bellamy/Luffy, Doffy/Law.

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    Spoiler:

Worst disappointment for me was dellinger and lao G and pretty much the 3 cards executive the only one who do justice in the family in terms of fighting is gladius and senor pink (the only 2 who didn't get one shotted and ofc DD) and really the double backstory of baby 5 and senor was the only thing to look forward to here
    Things that are cool: punctuation.

I didn't like this episode. The Bellamy flashbacks lost their "thoughts" feel by being too long and poorly integrated. It felt a lot more like a reminder for us than Bellamy's own recollections, made worse by the extended pause before Spring Hopper that underscored the padded nature of the sequence. I also deeply disapprove of including the Baby 5 and Sai scene in this episode rather than the next, since it makes Hajrudin even more of an afterthought and accelerates the schedule. By the looks of it we'll have quite a bit of fight filler in the episode.

Ugh. If they can't improve the quality why redo such an iconic scene of Bellamy getting his face punched in all those years ago. I know that tbe style looks very different now. But It would have been better to see misplaced old footage and spend time making the other parts super tight. Next episode seems like it's going to be amazeballs though.

I usually enjoy the anime, but there has not been an episode this bad in a long time. The Bellamy flashback lasted for like half the episode. These single-episode battle episodes aren't half as fun as they were in the manga.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information