+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93

Thread: Castlevania Mini-Series

  1. #61
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Having finished Season 3, I'm looking at this discussion with regards to canonicity and lore the series might pull from the games, and.

    Warren Ellis who writes the show has given quite a few interviews about Castlevania by this point, and something that's pretty important to know about him is that he hasn't played any of the games!
    Most of the story beats he pulls the script from are from what he reads on the fan wikis. It's worth it to read the whole interview because it informs a lot of Season 2, and 3.

    Now the director Sam Deats, co-director, co-producer, and lots of people on the Castlevania team are huge fans, and deeply invested in the lore. But Warren Ellis who writes the script, is as invested in telling his own stories with the characters he's put in this world, and he's signaled as much. Godbrand, the Styria sisters, Miranda, and so on.

    I can't find it right this minute, but there was an interview where they discussed the reason for cutting Grant in the early seasons. Paraphrasing it, not only does Warren Ellis hate his name & concept ("A pirate in a landlocked country?!") but when they considered the balance of personalities between Trevor, Alucard, and Sypha, Ellis didn't think there'd be enough time to flesh out their dynamic with the addition of a fourth character. Which was probably for the best, but anyways illustrates my point: the new characters like Lenore are going to get the same attention as established characters like Trevor or Sypha if the team thinks it suits the story.

    So it's probably worth considering that the Netflix Castlevania series is going to be more and more its own thing, with bits of series lore informing the show, rather than the other way around.

    (& tbh, I'd take watching Isaac pondering the worth of humanity with one-offs like the Captain & the flyeyes demon over the inclusion of a non-essential character like Grant ten times out of ten.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Because this time his new characters worked.

    Last time was the mute court of vampires and godbrand who were a waste of a season.

    Also, gee I wonder what kind of other kinds of sailors we could have found with Isaac?

    I'm over Grant, but he doesn't get to say "it doesn't make sense", when he brings two japanesse vampire hunters wanabee to justify a character playing house for a season.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  3. #63
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Is Dracula in s3 at all?



  4. #64

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Just finished watching the season, It's definitely more consistent overall then S2, but still has a fair share of problems.
    Spoiler:
    All of the plotlines were solid in my opinion except for Alucards, the ending of it was great, but it felt to me like it took way too long for us to get there and had me the least invested.

    I also felt like the Hector plotline was slightly recycled from last season, but I do think it was excecuted a lot better and Lenore was certainly a highlight.

    And speaking of Hector, I wonder how fans of Curse of Darkness feel about how he's portrayed in this series, because he's such a naive idiot for the most part.

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Is Dracula in s3 at all?
    Spoiler:
    Very briefly

  5. #65

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Spoiler:
    Never really got how Isaac killed Godbrand so easily when we get to see what happened when Hector tried to do the same thing with Lenora. You would think Dracula would choose his generals better.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Isaac keeps being one with the better character developments and Lenore really stole the show.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    I'm surprised the new Castlevania mobile game doesn't let you play as Sypha, you'd think they'd capitalize on the anime's success

  8. #68

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Spoiler:
    Never really got how Isaac killed Godbrand so easily when we get to see what happened when Hector tried to do the same thing with Lenora. You would think Dracula would choose his generals better.
    Spoiler:
    Hector is an incompetent idiot.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I'm surprised the new Castlevania mobile game doesn't let you play as Sypha, you'd think they'd capitalize on the anime's success
    I wasn't aware that existed.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Spoiler:
    Hector is an incompetent idiot.
    To add injure to the insult
    Spoiler:
    He is now BDSM bait now.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    To add injure to the insult
    Spoiler:
    He is now BDSM bait now.
    Spoiler:
    Entirely his own fault. She spoke to him like a dog from day one. And he never countered that. He just kinda went with it. Her shushing him made me laugh so hard. I wanted to feel bad...But he's just so stupid. She had all the power already, but he just couldn't say no to sex.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I wasn't aware that existed.
    https://www.konami.com/games/castlevania/gos/global/en/

  13. #73

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series


    This is top interaction with fans.

  14. #74

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Spoiler:
    does anyone know what worlds they were showing in the infinite Corridor? I know this is supposed to be a multiverse with Devil May Cry but I don’t know if the other worlds they were showing are from other series as Easter eggs or just random stuff they put in

    I mean the first thing looked like a giant metal gear at first but I doubt that was the case

  15. #75

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Hidden:
    I severely doubt Devil May Cry will be involved since both series come from different companies that have never associated with each other. A lot of people have said Metal Gear Solid, but again, those two haven't crossed paths much even though they are both Konami.

    I don't believe what Saint Germain was seeing was different worlds, but instead, the past and future. See, Saint Germain comes from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. He is a time traveler who is well aware of the future and comes to the past to prevent... something big that may happen in the show since its the basis of the entire series (the Curse of Darkness). He fights Hector, who he feels doesn't have the strength to handle the upcoming threat, but Hector proves him wrong. Saint Germain allows Hector to handle the situation and returns to the void of time after Hector saves the day.

    So all of those visions, I think, were him getting different glimpses in time throughout history.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Hidden:
    I severely doubt Devil May Cry will be involved since both series come from different companies that have never associated with each other. A lot of people have said Metal Gear Solid, but again, those two haven't crossed paths much even though they are both Konami.

    I don't believe what Saint Germain was seeing was different worlds, but instead, the past and future. See, Saint Germain comes from Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. He is a time traveler who is well aware of the future and comes to the past to prevent... something big that may happen in the show since its the basis of the entire series (the Curse of Darkness). He fights Hector, who he feels doesn't have the strength to handle the upcoming threat, but Hector proves him wrong. Saint Germain allows Hector to handle the situation and returns to the void of time after Hector saves the day.

    So all of those visions, I think, were him getting different glimpses in time throughout history.
    Spoiler:
    it’s not a theory that Devil May Cry will be part of the multiverse it’s a fact, the director/writers straight up said it in an interview

    The only way it doesn’t happen is if one of the companies doesn’t want to work together and pulls out (which is very very possible )


    https://www.slashfilm.com/devil-may-cry-tv-show/
    Last edited by Shiebs; March 19th, 2020 at 02:59 PM.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    You know what would be awesome? A Darkstalkers series that doesn't focus on Donovan and doesn't have a Harry Potter lookalike.

  18. #78

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Last edited by Insider2000; March 19th, 2020 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Evergreen memery.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Finally finished season 2. I'm conflicted with this series.
    Spoiler:
    The animation is great, the story is good, but there's something about the pacing that throws me off. It's too slow until the final couple episodes. Doesn't need to be action packed every second but maybe not have all the characters' climaxes (pun intended) at the end. It's like Warren Ellis is writing this series as a novel and not taking full advantage of the visual aspect of the world. Talking is great, but I want a balance between that and action.

    NNID: jervinnectar

  20. #80

    Default Re: Castlevania Mini-Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Finally finished season 2. I'm conflicted with this series.
    Spoiler:
    The animation is great, the story is good, but there's something about the pacing that throws me off. It's too slow until the final couple episodes. Doesn't need to be action packed every second but maybe not have all the characters' climaxes (pun intended) at the end. It's like Warren Ellis is writing this series as a novel and not taking full advantage of the visual aspect of the world. Talking is great, but I want a balance between that and action.
    Well, S3 is somewhat like the earlier seasons of Game of Thrones if it makes you feel better.

    Emphasis on Somewhat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts