Closed Thread
Page 67 of 667 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 567 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 13330

Thread: Indecision 2016 - In Soviet Russia, we elect american president!

Default Re: Indecision 2016 - President Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Trump is the unconnected people's candidate; not in the sense that he's for people without political connections, but that he's for people who don't really connect with the world. If you watch the news at all, you realize what a dick the guy is. Most of his supporters don't actually do that though and are mainly familiar with him through blurbs and social media that just regurgitate those blurbs.

Looks like the Carson campaign is imploding.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ign-ben-carson
    He sure didn't waste much time with the damage control. https://twitter.com/BKcolin/status/682643982501986305/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Gonna be interesting to see how this effects his already plummeting poll numbers over the next couple of weeks.

Trump is the unconnected people's candidate; not in the sense that he's for people without political connections, but that he's for people who don't really connect with the world. If you watch the news at all, you realize what a dick the guy is. Most of his supporters don't actually do that though and are mainly familiar with him through blurbs and social media that just regurgitate those blurbs.

Looks like the Carson campaign is imploding.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ign-ben-carson

I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Turns out Carson actually lost three of his top aides.

Can someone explain me something.

In Europe, as everyone knows, the political scenario isnīt like the US, where apparently only two parties are relevant.
    Independently of the different variations of presidentialist, semi-presidentialist and Parliamentary systems around, usually the head of the executive branch must go to elections either in one of the existing parties or run as an independent.

Running in one of the existing parties requires pretty much a life time in the party internal system, going up "ranks", probably get elected in some local elections before going to the "nationals", admission by the party central committee if there is one and all that stuff.
    So a guy that came out of nowhere would have no chance to run for whatever position weīre talking about in one of the existing parties unless he has some work to show beforehand, even if he is a militant of the party. While he can show himself and announce his intention of running, the partyīs internal organization would never allow it, even if the person is well known to the general public.

My question is: How can guys like Ben Carson, Donald Trump and, I guess, Carly Fiorina, with little to no political background, manage to get up there with political experienced candidates for popular elections? Doesnīt the party have some sort of internal organization that would block that intention from candidates if they consider them unfit? Every Republican keeps criticizing DT about his positions about a long list of subjects, but doesnīt the fact that he is even allowed to run toe-to-toe with others means that he is part of everything the party stands for?
    Basically, isnīt there anything that forces the candidates to run independently, if the party considers them unfit according to their political ideology?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post

My question is: How can guys like Ben Carson, Donald Trump and, I guess, Carly Fiorina, with little to no political background, manage to get up there with political experienced candidates for popular elections? Doesnīt the party have some sort of internal organization that would block that intention from candidates if they consider them unfit? Every Republican keeps criticizing DT about his positions about a long list of subjects, but doesnīt the fact that he is even allowed to run toe-to-toe with others means that he is part of everything the party stands for?
    Basically, isnīt there anything that forces the candidates to run independently, if the party considers them unfit according to their political ideology?
    As long as you are at least 35 years old and born in the US anyone can register as a candidate for whatever party they please with the federal elections commissions.

The American dream. In theory anyone could be president, long as they're able to get the backing and fund their campaigns.

Trump is mostly an anomaly due to being a billionaire able to self finance the whole thing at a loss and not care what anyone thinks.

But during the actual primaries when they cut it down to one candidate to run for the party is when the entire party gets its say and vetoes and allies in the system become a thing.

It's why Trump *shouldn't* make it past that point but hell, he should have been out of it by now. The only reason he gets the nomination is because he swears he'll run third party which destroys the republican's chance next time even further.

If he runs as their nominee, they can't win, and it affects all their other minor races. If he runs independent and siphons 10% of the vote, they really can't win president, but senate and house and government races will still be feasible. So it'll be interesting to see what happens in February.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Can someone explain me something.

In Europe, as everyone knows, the political scenario isnīt like the US, where apparently only two parties are relevant.
    Independently of the different variations of presidentialist, semi-presidentialist and Parliamentary systems around, usually the head of the executive branch must go to elections either in one of the existing parties or run as an independent.

Running in one of the existing parties requires pretty much a life time in the party internal system, going up "ranks", probably get elected in some local elections before going to the "nationals", admission by the party central committee if there is one and all that stuff.
    So a guy that came out of nowhere would have no chance to run for whatever position weīre talking about in one of the existing parties unless he has some work to show beforehand, even if he is a militant of the party. While he can show himself and announce his intention of running, the partyīs internal organization would never allow it, even if the person is well known to the general public.

There's a lot of internal ranking, yeah, and I'm sure that some candidates are more groomed than others to become president, but so long as you think you have a chance at the presidency (candidates will often make an exploratory committee to gauge that, although I'd imagine some of them are particularly optimistic), you can throw your hat into the race so long as you fit the legal requirements for becoming a president.

For the most part, purported political outsiders don't really have too much of an effect on the race because of things like lack of experience or crazy views and generally don't actually join in, but because of the large fractures within the republican party as of recently, not only are there a smorgasbord of candidates running who think they have a chance of winning or an upset, there's also the issue that the base that they have been appealing to is becoming more anti-establishment, with a consequence of that being that outsiders end up having a greater level of influence than they normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    As long as you are at least 35 years old and born in the US anyone can register as a candidate for whatever party they please with the federal elections commissions.
    But thatīs the problem. It may create glaring contradictions in ideology.
    The party should have a way to say if they believe the candidate is fit to potentially represent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

It's why Trump *shouldn't* make it past that point but hell, he should have been out of it by now. The only reason he gets the nomination is because he swears he'll run third party which destroys the republican's chance next time even further.

If he runs as their nominee, they can't win, and it affects all their other minor races. If he runs independent and siphons 10% of the vote, they really can't win president, but senate and house and government races will still be feasible. So it'll be interesting to see what happens in February.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    So basically, they normally donīt care because it doesnīt make a difference.
    Now that it actually does, they have no idea about what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    Well, almost, but its a teeny bit more complicated than that--for what its worth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballot_access

However, these restrictions have always been more or less easy to meet--unless there's some real power behind the opposition to a given candidate.

Interesting news this New Year's Day. I wonder if anything will come of it...

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/01...-on-iran-deal/

And Hello to you, too, Outerspec--thank you. :-) Happy New Year to everyone here.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    For the most part, purported political outsiders don't really have too much of an effect on the race because of things like lack of experience or crazy views and generally don't actually join in, but because of the large fractures within the republican party as of recently, not only are there a smorgasbord of candidates running who think they have a chance of winning or an upset, there's also the issue that the base that they have been appealing to is becoming more anti-establishment, with a consequence of that being that outsiders end up having a greater level of influence than they normally would.
    And sometimes political outsiders help destroy the country.

Never forget .
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Al-Shabab is using Trump in their recruitment videos.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tr...ecruitment-vid
    Complicating things since 2009.

Looks like Chris Christie's days are numbered as well: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...s-courier-news

Al-Shabab is using Trump in their recruitment videos.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tr...ecruitment-vid
    May not be ISIS but'll do I suppose

HOW IS THIS NOT FUCKING PARODY

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Default Re: Indecision 2016 - The Quest to Become Pirate King

http://nydn.us/1VG4PKm

Hidden:

*sigh*

Obama wants your guns by requiring nothing of them, but if you want more you might need to exercise a reasonable level of clearance with regulatory rules almost as if you were purchasing a death machine.

What even is that outfit he's been photoshopped into?

It looks like a fairly pro-gun outfit to me.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I guess he's supposed to look like some sort of evil military coup version of Obama.

the accidentally make obama look like a badass

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Closed Thread

Thread Information